Sponsored

Proof of a dealer oil change/ tire rotation under Wave program

linux_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 6-speed manual, 2011 Compass 5-speed manual
I had a Jeep Wave oil change and tire rotation three days ago--Saturday. I don't see any record in my account at mopar.com--just the one before that. Since my hard copy was pretty illegible (low toner in laser printer?) and I wasn't able to get a better printout when I asked Saturday, I feel like it would be tough to prove the service. With a 120,000 mile warranty I purchased from Tom Winkels in October 2022, I feel I could get in a situation where I could give the appearance of not having maintenance performed. Do I have any options?

Is this something with which @JeepCares can assist?
Sponsored

• Haha
Reactions: GtX

garykk

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Occupation
Retired
Mine didn’t show up on my account for about a week.

Fonzilla85

First Name
Fonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Lawman
Takes a bit to show up sometimes. Keep the paper copy regardless. You can also input it yourself if needed.

Hard Rock Jeep

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR HR, 2022 JLUR 2.0, 2022 JLUR Diesel
More important than having a record that they did it is to KNOW they did it. Pull the dipstick and the oil will be clear, soon it will be sooty (I see you have a diesel). Then photo it for your record. As to your tires, the dealer most certainly did them wrong. They do a front to back in almost all cases and you want a five wheel rotation. The easy way to KNOW is to take a piece of chalk and put markings on each wheel as to where they are to be AFTER the rotation, SP, FL etc. I have never had this done right the first time at a dealer.

OP
OP

linux_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 6-speed manual, 2011 Compass 5-speed manual
I check oil when I pull out of service bay. Everyone can see me. And I often pick rocks out of the spare out of OCD. By the time I need a rotation, I have usually gotten around to this. If I see a no-rocks tire on wheel in contact with the ground and one with rocks mounted on the tailgate, I call it a success. (Have to keep it nice for mall duty.) If I'm not assertive, I feel I'll have four worn out tires and an unused one. I wish I was asked "may we rotate all 5".

Service was recorded after four days. Trying to buy another wave package. I wish I could purchase like MVP service plan via email to Tom Winkels vs phone tag with local folks. When I tried to purchase online, it seemed to not be available.

Last edited:

Bandit59

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
I had a Jeep Wave oil change and tire rotation three days ago--Saturday. I don't see any record in my account at mopar.com--just the one before that. Since my hard copy was pretty illegible (low toner in laser printer?) and I wasn't able to get a better printout when I asked Saturday, I feel like it would be tough to prove the service. With a 120,000 mile warranty I purchased from Tom Winkels in October 2022, I feel I could get in a situation where I could give the appearance of not having maintenance performed. Do I have any options?

Is this something with which @JeepCares can assist?
The oil is ez to tell if they did the oil change. And when they rotate the tires. I take a valve cap off and see if the tire is still on Jeep in sane spot
Sponsored