Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Dont worry young lady, plenty of women drive Sahara models. You shouldn't feel like you are looked down upon, ever. Stand up for yourself, and don't let those testosterone burdened apes intimidate you. :bandit:
And this ^^^, ladies and gentlemen, is a prime example.
Sponsored

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I previously owned a 2008 Nissan XTerra OR, which had a rear locker. Any of the campsites I go to, I never needed the locker. So I didn't feel like I needed a Rubicon. I planned out a Sport S, but discovered in financing, I actually would get a better interest rate buying a Sahara that had all the options I wanted from the Sport S. The interest rate difference between the models made payments only within a couple of dollars a month. So I went with the Sahara.

Interesting fact I learned about financing. Higher trim models have lower interest rates due to typically higher resale value.
Great tip! I didn't know that either.

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
I've encountered it too in a month of ownership. New JLUR, but really had not spent time with anything past the non-fuel injected square headlight days. All of a sudden there are all these people telling me what I need-some of it's really great advise-and it is usually coming out of the mouth of someone my age who has 20-40 yrs off-roading.

The people who don't like my jeep:
1) Are not paying for it or maintaining it.
2) Probably don't fly fish as much as I do during the spring summer all over the place (32K miles this yr).
3) Probably have not camped out in their lifetime what I have this year.
4) More worried about the jones'.

I am looking at a full time 4wd jeep for the wife. Why, cause she wants one. And it's going to be loaded and stay stock and prob get subjected to more abuse than other's jeeps.

Get what you want, go enjoy it, and avoid those people.
We have 2 Saharas. I like them. They are comfortable and capable. They can go to some very remote fishing spots. I am way too old to give a shit about someones superior attitude. That is their problem !
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep snobbery - RANT IMG_0957.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I think the drivability of the new JL opened up Jeep to a broader customer base. I count myself in this bucket where I didnā€™t like the ride of the JK but I liked the ride of the JL which I then purchased. I was on a budget and got a sport. I would have loved a Rubicon but $50k wasnā€™t in the cards. Had they had the select trac in 2019 I would have tried to get it since love the full time all wheel drive.
Yeah, it may be a combination of things: improved drivability, as you say, up-to-date features, a more livable and attractive interior and, finally, a post-soviet-era level of fit-and-finish.

Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
And this ^^^, ladies and gentlemen, is a prime example.
Read post #72, it is right after post #71, which you quoted. I WAS JOKING!!!!
Me, I drive a Sport S, not a Rubicon, and don't get my panties in a wad because someone asks why I didn't buy a Rubicon. Granted, the Rubicons look better, stock, but in my way of Off-Roading, it isnt worth the extra money. I did add the Rubicon Wheels/tires and suspension though.

Sontavaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lj - sold-cause im an idiot. 2019 blue rubi ordered and received. I need my LJ back.
Occupation
Repressor of civil rights
I only field ashamed of my JLUR, when I see a sweet TJU that reminds me of the Mad max like Jeep I sold, for this fancy mall crawler.

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I only field ashamed of my JLUR, when I see a sweet TJU that reminds me of the Mad max like Jeep I sold, for this fancy mall crawler.
Ouch! Yeah, those LJs are hot...and sought after!

Steven Yates

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep rubicon
Let me start off by saying I have a stock rubicon in Tennessee and where I live thereā€™s no snobs here. All of us have much respect for everyoneā€™s rig even though my rubicon is a mall crawler the reason I bought a rubicon is because I wanted to keep this rig stock because I learned the (Just Empty Every Pocket) On my first Jeep a 2000 TJ going crazy with lockers,sway bar disconnect,lift,wheels and tires,skid plates ,axles and everything else I could afford or not afford thanks to my credit cards I actually had more money in that rig than my rubicon So this time I just got what I wanted from the jump yeah I am still personalizing my rig but trying to pay everything up front and not spend a fortune for the same capabilities of my TJ so I guess do I need a rubicon no but did I want one yes so wheel whatever you want it is your life and your rig just do whatā€™s right for you even if it is a shitty Ford bronco but as for me it will always be life behind bars -0lllllll0-

Sponsored

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Donā€™t see why anyone cares. I drive a Rubicon and the person I do trails with drives a 92 YJ. Iā€™ve been jealous of dudes in TJ sports at times since they can bomb down trails while I creep my way around in my chubby expensive Rubicon. Every model has its strengths.

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
We have 2 Saharas. I like them. They are comfortable and capable. They can go to some very remote fishing spots. I am way too old to give a shit about someones superior attitude. That is their problem !
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep snobbery - RANT IMG_0957.JPG
love the plates!

JG1000

First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I never understood the whole judging someone based on their vehicle. In my opinion I think its ridiculous to spend thousands and thousands of dollars on something such as a lift, axles, and wheels, and etc for just looks with no intentions of ever using them for its purpose but I've never looked down on someone doing just that. A vehicle is a vehicle and whatever people want to do with their vehicles is their business and it doesn't bother me one bit. I'm just happy when I see another Jeep doesn't matter to me at all if they off road or not. People have been buying sports cars and exotic cars with no intentions of racing with them for a long time and people have been buying and using trucks without ever using it for its actual purpose for a long time. I think its crazy how people are so insecure that they think if someone has the same vehicle as them but aren't "using" it right its ruining their image. People buy and wear specific clothes and shoes for an image yet have a problem about people buying vehicles for an image? Seems weird

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I sit back and think about my first Jeep, a 92 3speed auto wrangler, and shit, that thing needed the ebrake to not roll down a hill. 20 years later I finally got another Jeep and I feel it is what we want it to be, a convertible, a rock crawler, a beach trip, a mall crawler, etc etc. we buy these because we love ā€˜em... if people are offended by how we use our Jeepā€™s, they just donā€™t get.
My 74 CJ5 was quite a chore at times, that compound low T19 w/ that shifter seemingly 3ft long, and trying to really clunk it into 4 lo at times brings back some vivid memories.

I do like the fact that my Sport S still has that 4lo that fights back at times when jamming it in there, if it was too easy it would seem like I'm cheating. Bad enough that you don't have to get-out & lock 'em anymore :)

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
A Jeep no matter what the trim is a Jeep to me. People that tend to talk noise are just trying to keep attention on others and not themselves and their insecurities. Keep on Jeepin!
Your dog is "Jeep-Cool"!
Sponsored