Jeep snobbery - RANT

Oldbear

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel; 20 JL Sport S 2 door
I love the hard clunk into 4L, but actually I'm an old Scout guy from back in 76-90ish.
If they ever brought back Scouts in true form, I might have to trade my Jeep. :CWL::like:
A man after my own heart. Loved the little Scouts. We had Real doors with crank up glass windows! Not like a CJ with cloth door, plastic windows and COLD drafts in the winter. Darn near froze to death one time during 65 miles to go goose hunting in my buddy’s new CJ5. I was gonna drive but he insisted we take the new Jeep. Really missed my real door and windows that day. Mine were both 4 cylinder 4speed. Top speed was about 75. A truly different world, still went a Lot of places in those old IH’s. Finally bought TJ’s and have never looked back. Can not believe the capabilities and features of my JL
Sponsored

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
A side rant - why do I get ignored by TJ owners on the Jeep wave? Anyone else see this? JK all day, YJ and gladiator. Are TJ owners feeling entitled that they have the last real Jeep?

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
A side rant - why do I get ignored by TJ owners on the Jeep wave? Anyone else see this? JK all day, YJ and gladiator. Are TJ owners feeling entitled that they have the last real Jeep?
TJ owners are at that stage when their Wrangler is falling apart; it costs an arm-and-a-leg to fix it properly; when they see the price of a JL they want to vomit.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
TJ owners are at that stage when their Wrangler is falling apart; it costs an arm-and-a-leg to fix it properly; when they see the price of a JL they want to vomit.
i started out with a TJ, and now wish I had purchased a nicely restored one, instead of the Red JLU Sport S.
Then again, a nice 392 in a JL might make me smile again.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Some can’t let go of the wheel to wave :)

Sponsored

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
This is going to ruffle some feathers, but here it goes nonetheless.
You have terrible friends or live in a bad area.
I have friends with Jeeps, old and new, Sports and Saharas. We are all very supportive of each and super excited about driving our Jeeps. I have a Rubicon and have never looked down upon what you are calling a 'lesser' Jeep.
Shrug it off and keep on trucking.

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
You have terrible friends or live in a bad area.
I have friends with Jeeps, old and new, Sports and Saharas. We are all very supportive of each and super excited about driving our Jeeps. I have a Rubicon and have never looked down upon what you are calling a 'lesser' Jeep.
Shrug it off and keep on trucking.
You don't look down upon anyone but start by calling my friends "terrible" and my neighborhood "bad"...? LOL!!!

My friends don't give a hoot about me driving a Sahara. These are all comments from fellow members on these forums.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
These are all comments from fellow members on these forums.
Is it because they believe that they won’t be held accountable for their thoughts, actions and behaviors?

Those with the loudest opinions online are usually the quietest introverts in real life who wouldn’t dare so much as peep how they really feel because they lack the courage and thought to face the consequences.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I know there is some snobbery, but mostly I have seen the opposite. I have met so many people and they have all been so cool and generous.

For example, a couple of weeks ago a Gladiator owner I have never met in person came to my house and helped me install a winch and bumper.

Heck on the drive out to Windrock last week two different strangers came up to me and complimented my Jeep. unfortunately one of them was a sheriff giving me a speeding ticket. But he liked my Jeep.

When the cop asked me if I knew how fast I was going, I said, "It's a Jeep, so it felt like I was going like 120 mph above the speed limit." He laughed, and said, "Just slow down a little." I think I was about 9 over in a 35 mph zone. I was in the SBXJ and the speedo is not accurate and I will not be buying the correct speedo gear for the shit box...... $35 for a shit box part....NOPE not happening. I think he thought he was pulling over a kid or dude that must have a warrant based on the vehicle.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
You don't look down upon anyone but start by calling my friends "terrible" and my neighborhood "bad"...? LOL!!!

My friends don't give a hoot about me driving a Sahara. These are all comments from fellow members on these forums.
LOL I assumed you were talking about locals...my bad.
First rule of the internet, don't listen to trolls on the internet.
Haters gonna hate.

Sponsored

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I have real things in my life to worry about. What someone on the Internet thinks about my Jeep doesn't even register.
You mean you don't worry about what color your steering wheel is? Or what your Vanity plate would say??? I just cant believe what I am seeing.......

aro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Maybe when the overall number of Jeep owners increases, so does the number of negative comments. My personal belief is also that the more millennials get into Jeeps, the more you will see lame comments. (No, I don't mean to say that every single millenial makes lame comments)

When I bought my Rubi 3 months ago, it was option no. 3 on my list. No. 1 was a Sport and 2 a Willys. They both sold by the time I acted, so I ended up with the Rubicon.

aro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I have met dickheads of all ages. Millennials don’t have a lock on it.
I agree, dickheads are evenly spread across all age groups.

However, because they are the first generation that has grown up in the age of the internet, they generally don't shy away from publicly and loudly displaying their ignorance. Previous generations are not necessarily smarter, they are just more restrained online.
Sponsored