4500 Pound Towing

Weight Distribution Towing Capacity:

675 Pound Tongue Weight

4500 Pound Towing

Trailer Wiring:

2017 Jeep Wrangler Trailer Wiring

Features:

Fully welded vehicle trailer hitch is strong and durable. Draw-Tite's Tested
The hitch's 4500 Pound Towing spec is limited by the JL's 3500 pound towing spec.

Joe Paul

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Awesome thank you guys very much for the quick reply's!! And holy shit I can not believe the price gouging FCA is doing with these 2 parts.

The receivers are $50 - $70 bucks everywhere for the JK.

And then $218. for a damn wiring harness?? Are the gold core?

:angry:
The harness has the 7 and 4 prong plugs along with all wiring connections, same as the factory install. The hitch from Mopar is great quality and fits perfect on the JL.

sawburner

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.turningsbymark.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport JLU Firecracker Red & 2017 Renagade Trail Hawk & 41 IH Rat Rod
@JeepCares can you help I am hoping they are planing to make a 4 pin wire harness that will hook into the tail light wire harness like it did on the JK. Any info would be great. Thanks Mark

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
@JeepCares can you help I am hoping they are planing to make a 4 pin wire harness that will hook into the tail light wire harness like it did on the JK. Any info would be great. Thanks Mark
I don't believe this will ever come about as the current harness offers both a 7-way and 4-way pin receptacle. Once installation details are available we will post them. For now here is the product info https://www.allmoparparts.com/sku/82215398ab.html

-Benny

Sponsored

kculp

First Name
KEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
Occupation
Professor in the health sciences
Vehicle Showcase
ok. there's a review right there on the site:

9 days ago
Bought this JH45 hitch for my 2018 Wrangler JL.
It doesn't fit, as the JL 2018 Sahara steel portion of the rear bumper is about 3/16" narrower than the hitch unit. Had to shim out the bumper, which is not what we should be doing !

my thoughts:

there's a steel plate with welded nuts about 3/16 and he (reviewer) probably took off. I left it on and it fit fine. in fact it made the install very easy. .. the electrical connections tho are a definite no. I've written about that extensively here in the forums.

Sponsored

lonz

First Name
Lonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order Jeep Wrangler JL
Has anyone installed this? I talked to Smitty and they said it WILL NOT work on the JLs.
Yes, I installed this hitch last weekend on my new JL Rubicon. It took maybe 20-30 minutes to install... Only issue was that I could not install one of the four bolts because the wiring cutout on the hitch was blocking my ability to install one of the bolts. As a result, only 3 out of the 4 bolts are installed, however, I do not plan on towing anything with the hitch. I only plan on using it for a bike rack, and for this reason, I did NOT install the wiring harness.

lonz

First Name
Lonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order Jeep Wrangler JL
my thoughts:

there's a steel plate with welded nuts about 3/16 and he (reviewer) probably took off. I left it on and it fit fine. in fact it made the install very easy. .. the electrical connections tho are a definite no. I've written about that extensively here in the forums.
Yep, that's what I did! I left the steel plate there, and it fit just fine, as you mentioned :). Were you able to get all four bolts on?

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, I installed this hitch last weekend on my new JL Rubicon. It took maybe 20-30 minutes to install... Only issue was that I could not install one of the four bolts because the wiring cutout on the hitch was blocking my ability to install one of the bolts. As a result, only 3 out of the 4 bolts are installed, however, I do not plan on towing anything with the hitch. I only plan on using it for a bike rack, and for this reason, I did NOT install the wiring harness.
OK thanks!

kculp

First Name
KEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
Occupation
Professor in the health sciences
Vehicle Showcase
Were you able to get all four bolts on?nion"
Yes, the welded receiving nuts actually made it easier. But I didn't install this particular hitch. Mine was a Curt Class III built for a JK. Wiring harness is still in development, I also don't like the Mopar $200 solution (my opinion).

Joe Paul

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
ok. there's a review right there on the site:

9 days ago
Bought this JH45 hitch for my 2018 Wrangler JL.
It doesn't fit, as the JL 2018 Sahara steel portion of the rear bumper is about 3/16" narrower than the hitch unit. Had to shim out the bumper, which is not what we should be doing !

my thoughts:

The Mopar is more money but it's quality and fits with all four bolts. The trick is to take off two 7mm and two 10mm bolts that hold that plate, push the hitch in, line up the four hitch bolts and torque them down. Install the 7 & 10mm bolts and your done.
Sponsored