Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I love good, friendly arguments. šŸ˜

I personally got the Rubicon for the beefier axles, sway bars disconnects, etc, and not for aesthetic purposes that sets my Jeep apart from other trims. I donā€™t care if anyone knows if I have a Rubicon or not driving down the road. I was thinking of removing the red Rubicon stickers on the hood (red and Sarge green simply donā€™t match IMO), but after I received my Ballistic wheels that have a red center cap (didnā€™t notice this when ordering) Iā€™m actually kind of digging the red and green theme now and might not even paint the interior trim pieces!

20210827_113114.jpg
I felt the same way when I bought my sarge green rubicon. I have the tan leather so I got the grey dash. But I still have the red accents on the rubicon sticker on the hood and around the other badges on the Jeep. It looked better in person than I thought it would. So I decided on red beadlock rings. My lift hasnā€™t arrived yet so I put the tire next to my Jeep to get an idea of what it would look like. I like it. Itā€™s mine so thatā€™s all that really matters. Lol.

E21111B1-DE61-4604-A1CF-A95CCD4088D9.jpeg
Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
How hard are kit cars? I couldnt imagine the complexity and wow the patience needed!
I just started looking into this.

Your used to ordering stuff. Lol. One more thing for your mailbox. Order a free catalog and DVD from Factory 5 Racing. Really high quality kits. You can build or buy one built by someone.

Another very high quality kit. Beck makes great Porsche Spyder replicas like the one James Dean had. RIP.

https://www.factoryfive.com/

https://www.beckspeedster.com/

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Now I was all set to finally order one... but the highly advised white interior wasnt available. I thought the streamline appearance was hot. Now I have learned it feels cheap and lightweight.... not as impressive as the photos. I ordered a dedender 110 and its dash is similar to the broncos imo. Obvs I got the jeep... and im thrilled.... the good thing abt jeep dropping the detail balls is that theres a hundred āž• ways to personalize (and improve) the appearance. So maybe a perfectly adorned stock jeep would just encourage more "non jeep" type buyers - that dont wave - and huge sightings of identical jeeps... wow rambled there... my bad. Back to tagging rubber duckies.
You go through vehicles like other women go through shoes. Lol.

I really wanted to like the Bronco too. I was all in until I saw the interior. Hopefully Ford or the aftermarket has a solution for the interior parts/quality. The delays and QC issues did not help either. I might reconsider after the Bronco gets a few years under it's belt. I like the Defender too! I checked out a 90. SUPER luxury and quiet. I really like it. Ultimately I decided it was too bougie for me. Decided on another Wrangler. Waiting for the 2022 order banks to open.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jjirish

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
OP
OP
Jjirish

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
I just started looking into this.

Your used to ordering stuff. Lol. One more thing for your mailbox. Order a free catalog and DVD from Factory 5 Racing. Really high quality kits. You can build or buy one built by someone.

Another very high quality kit. Beck makes great Porsche Spyder replicas like the one James Dean had. RIP.

https://www.factoryfive.com/

https://www.beckspeedster.com/
I think it would be over my head....

Sponsored

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
Iā€™d Rather Talk Jeepā€™s!
OP
OP
Jjirish

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
You go through vehicles like other women go through shoes. Lol.

I really wanted to like the Bronco too. I was all in until I saw the interior. Hopefully Ford or the aftermarket has a solution for the interior parts/quality. The delays and QC issues did not help either. I might reconsider after Ford gets a few years under it's belt. I like the Defender too! I checked out a 90. SUPER luxury and quiet. I really like it. Ultimately I decided it was too bougie for me. Decided on another Wrangler. Waiting for the 2022 order banks to open.
I LOVE JEEPS CARS TRUCKS.... if people would pay me to locate and negotiate car purchases ... well I would be in heaven! I buy shoes too... but on the shelf they go bc I live in slippers and flips.
The 90 was super cute... but neither the 90 or 110 had enough hp to even make it fun and the v8 was like "pay me 120k but no color choices for you" no way jose.

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
Iā€™d Rather Talk Jeepā€™s!
šŸ˜…
Setting aside ever feature that makes the Rubicon the Beast it is. The Red accent does set it apart and has nothing to do about taking care of off-road.

I am not saying painting dash is wrong just will not understand. I would think its not easy to do and unless its professional done will not look very good. Lot goes into making painted surface nice.

I would assume unlimited goes with the 4-door.

Another point I see out there is buying Jeep parts from companies you want to buy from. I installed spiderweb seat belt silencers and one person jumped on it said cut the white thread to pull the name off. Why would I do that when I bought that product from company that is well known and should be seen. I guess I am just old school.
Painting pieces to match body color (or any other color) from spray cans is super easy and cheap to do. I painted all my Yukon interior panels gloss black with spray cans, good clear coat spray, and a bit of wet sanding/polishing. Well, I guess it did take me awhile.

LITTLE WILLYS

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
unlimited willys
"I do not work" turned me off to even bother reading the rest of the bla bla bla.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
20x10 with a -19mm offset
That's what I thought. Mine are D569 Vapor Fuel 20's.(20x10 -18mm) You read the forum no LOVE for the Jeeps with 20's ? My Jeep order came in late Feb. and Covid had all the 17" tires I wanted backordered 8 weeks. Basically just like most are now.

Since my Dealership puts most of their Jeeps out on lot with 20's on 35's and 37's they had stock of Toyo open country 20's. I ended up changing wheel order to 20's. That part I kick myself for not waiting for 17's.

I love the look of my Jeep with the 20's but for bucket list items I have to get set of 17's for more sidewall rubber. I have been on some very moderate trails but not hard trails with the 20's.

Looks like I will keep the 20's for town and put the new 17's on for off-road use.

Sponsored

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
šŸ˜…

Painting pieces to match body color (or any other color) from spray cans is super easy and cheap to do. I painted all my Yukon interior panels gloss black with spray cans, good clear coat spray, and a bit of wet sanding/polishing. Well, I guess it did take me awhile.
:lipssealed: :lipssealed: :lipssealed: :lipssealed: :lipssealed: :lipssealed:

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
"I do not work" turned me off to even bother reading the rest of the bla bla bla.
I do not work either. A LITTLE reading keeps the mind sharp. ;) :like:

OP
OP
Jjirish

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Hahahahaha. Awesome rely. Thanks for knowing I was messing around lol.
A lil banter and sarcastic humor is good for the soul. Keeps me on my toes.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Correct on
For years now jeep designers have dropped the ball. I donā€™t work and have no plans to work but for jeep I would reconsider bc they seriously need someone who isnā€™t color blind and is coherent to handle their ā€œlipstickā€ department.

It started going downhill when jeep had the brilliant idea that a red dash would be loved by all and match all the rubi exterior colors. It didnt. Now you can get gecko with that red dash. Like wtf Jeep. Jeepā€™s styling has become halfassed at best. No effort. No thought. My 392 didnā€™t even get the 392 tailgate badge, for some idiot threw on the standard jl badge like I wouldnā€™t notice, and it happened on MANY 392ā€™s. Jeep also decided to put a matte chrome ring all over the place on the dash and gear shift, but leaves the empty indentation around the cup holder less than 1 inch away from the gear shift. If you arenā€™t familiar with the 392, it was detailed in a gold bronze color. But again Jeep failed and used multiple colors that donā€™t even match. The gold wheels are mostly platinum. The 392 s gold bronze. The shocks are gold. The rubi lettering is outlined in brownish bronze. The stitching on the seats is a tan orange and Jeep didnt even try to incorporate one of their many gold bronze colors in the interior minus the thread fail. It seems with every additional model Jeep throws at us, they forget about attention to detail. They just throw shit at the jeep and see what sticks. Given the amount of options, we could be ordering some badassed looking stock Jeepā€™s if only Jeep was ā€œa la cartā€ instead of no choice within model.

but really
HIRE ME BECAUSE YOUR STYLIST IS COLORBLIND, LAZY, AND IS CRAP. even high I could do
a better job bc I learned how to match colors in kindergarten.

AND NO ONE WANTS THAT STUPID ā€œUNLIMITEDā€ decal. In fact. Delete all decals it would make my life easier bc I wouldnā€™t have to remove them allā€¦.

but geez I love Jeepā€™sā€¦. Especially my 9th oneā€¦ the 392! Kicks ass.
correct on all points, when paying BMW price for a Jeep itā€™s not unreasonable to expect BMW fit and finish. Although putting lipstick on a mountain goat doesnā€™t make him climb any better
Sponsored