Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
Iā€™d Rather Talk Jeepā€™s!
I bought clips and an 88 piece tool set. I think im covered šŸ˜†
Well, I guess I was only meaning a six or eight piece set, but that should certainly give you some more options. šŸ˜…

rodneyladd

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon XR
For years now jeep designers have dropped the ball. I donā€™t work and have no plans to work but for jeep I would reconsider bc they seriously need someone who isnā€™t color blind and is coherent to handle their ā€œlipstickā€ department.

It started going downhill when jeep had the brilliant idea that a red dash would be loved by all and match all the rubi exterior colors. It didnt. Now you can get gecko with that red dash. Like wtf Jeep. Jeepā€™s styling has become halfassed at best. No effort. No thought. My 392 didnā€™t even get the 392 tailgate badge, for some idiot threw on the standard jl badge like I wouldnā€™t notice, and it happened on MANY 392ā€™s. Jeep also decided to put a matte chrome ring all over the place on the dash and gear shift, but leaves the empty indentation around the cup holder less than 1 inch away from the gear shift. If you arenā€™t familiar with the 392, it was detailed in a gold bronze color. But again Jeep failed and used multiple colors that donā€™t even match. The gold wheels are mostly platinum. The 392 s gold bronze. The shocks are gold. The rubi lettering is outlined in brownish bronze. The stitching on the seats is a tan orange and Jeep didnt even try to incorporate one of their many gold bronze colors in the interior minus the thread fail. It seems with every additional model Jeep throws at us, they forget about attention to detail. They just throw shit at the jeep and see what sticks. Given the amount of options, we could be ordering some badassed looking stock Jeepā€™s if only Jeep was ā€œa la cartā€ instead of no choice within model.

but really
HIRE ME BECAUSE YOUR STYLIST IS COLORBLIND, LAZY, AND IS CRAP. even high I could do
a better job bc I learned how to match colors in kindergarten.

AND NO ONE WANTS THAT STUPID ā€œUNLIMITEDā€ decal. In fact. Delete all decals it would make my life easier bc I wouldnā€™t have to remove them allā€¦.

but geez I love Jeepā€™sā€¦. Especially my 9th oneā€¦ the 392! Kicks ass.
I throughly enjoyed your letter. I studied fashion merchandising in college and matching of colors is just as important on a person as it is a vehicle.I know what colors look best on my wife and when I walk out the door I want to look good. The red dash....well I'm not sold on it but just ordered a 2021 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Edition and would love a decal to show it off much rather than " Unlimited " .A dash color and highlight tone would be great as an option. This will be our 5th Jeep and certainly not our last.

OP
OP
Jjirish

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
I throughly enjoyed your letter. I studied fashion merchandising in college and matching of colors is just as important on a person as it is a vehicle.I know what colors look best on my wife and when I walk out the door I want to look good. The red dash....well I'm not sold on it but just ordered a 2021 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Edition and would love a decal to show it off much rather than " Unlimited " .A dash color and highlight tone would be great as an option. This will be our 5th Jeep and certainly not our last.
Thank you for the kind words šŸ™‚ they made me smile! Enjoy your recon! I had a red 2018 reconā€¦ loooved it.

OP
OP
Jjirish

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Just a FYI your service department should be able to order the correct tailgate plate šŸ‘šŸ¼
One would thinkā€¦. But itā€™s much harder! Like getting 392 tire sensors!

Sponsored

maddave

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
A Jeep is like a Cobra replica, which I also happen to have. Its the nuevo kit car

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Lol, this thread cracks me up, feels like real house wives of Mopar. Anyway, nice jeep.

If you really want to see some bad interior choices you should take a look at the Bronco. They did a lot of things right, but the plastic interior looks like it came from an 80s minivan.
Some of the Bronco's plastic interior looks more like Playskool. Apparently design elements also.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep fail Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 10.56.29 AM

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep fail Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 11.01.16 AM

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For years now jeep designers have dropped the ball. I donā€™t work and have no plans to work but for jeep I would reconsider bc they seriously need someone who isnā€™t color blind and is coherent to handle their ā€œlipstickā€ department.

It started going downhill when jeep had the brilliant idea that a red dash would be loved by all and match all the rubi exterior colors. It didnt. Now you can get gecko with that red dash. Like wtf Jeep. Jeepā€™s styling has become halfassed at best. No effort. No thought. My 392 didnā€™t even get the 392 tailgate badge, for some idiot threw on the standard jl badge like I wouldnā€™t notice, and it happened on MANY 392ā€™s. Jeep also decided to put a matte chrome ring all over the place on the dash and gear shift, but leaves the empty indentation around the cup holder less than 1 inch away from the gear shift. If you arenā€™t familiar with the 392, it was detailed in a gold bronze color. But again Jeep failed and used multiple colors that donā€™t even match. The gold wheels are mostly platinum. The 392 s gold bronze. The shocks are gold. The rubi lettering is outlined in brownish bronze. The stitching on the seats is a tan orange and Jeep didnt even try to incorporate one of their many gold bronze colors in the interior minus the thread fail. It seems with every additional model Jeep throws at us, they forget about attention to detail. They just throw shit at the jeep and see what sticks. Given the amount of options, we could be ordering some badassed looking stock Jeepā€™s if only Jeep was ā€œa la cartā€ instead of no choice within model.

but really
HIRE ME BECAUSE YOUR STYLIST IS COLORBLIND, LAZY, AND IS CRAP. even high I could do
a better job bc I learned how to match colors in kindergarten.

AND NO ONE WANTS THAT STUPID ā€œUNLIMITEDā€ decal. In fact. Delete all decals it would make my life easier bc I wouldnā€™t have to remove them allā€¦.

but geez I love Jeepā€™sā€¦. Especially my 9th oneā€¦ the 392! Kicks ass.
Car companies tried to understand. Men just don't get it. There is a reason why department stores have 8 levels for women and a basement for men. :LOL:

https://www.artsy.net/article/artsy-editorial-pioneering-women-designed-car-interiors-1950s

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool looking Jeep.
My thinking is that these 392sā€™ will be collectible some day.
For sure with EV on the very near horizon. Any outragous ICE has the potential to be collectible. Same with ICE cars with manual transmissions.

Vehicles I would buy and time capsule if I had the space:
392 Wrangler
Cayman GT4
GT3 RS 4.0
Shelby Mustang Super Snake
Hellcat Redeye

Last edited:

DTOM76

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Wait, what's wrong with Gecko and a red dash? It's gonna look rad.

Not your taste? That's OK! Your Jeep probably isn't to my taste, either.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep fail Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 11.01.16 AM
It looks like crap, first mod I make as soon as I get my Rubi.

Sponsored

DTOM76

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Ok let me spell it out.

1. Another jeeper brought up the leather and i posted my seat pic in response. I didnt complain about the leather, I dont really care about it bc I step on my seats. Its a jeep. I prefer the cloth but it wasnt a choice.
2. I must have confused people, given all the models and all the color choices for seats, dash, ect... I think jeep "failed" by not allowing us to make color combos we like & instead get stuck with dashes we dont like when our color choice dash IS available on another model.
3. Its not "apples and oranges" to me. Quality control wasnt my topic. Lipstick and trim was. If I deviated here or there, my sincere apologies.

My post was written with a heart full of 30+ years of jeep love and with a smile on my face. I got personal attacks in return.
So be it.
And saddle brown w a gray dash? Never gonna look good IMO.
I couldn't agree with you more if I tried, the color details suck. The first mod on my Rubi will be to take the god awful red dash pieces off, Sarge Green and Ruby Red.....really? . You are going to get the jealous D!@KS that will rag on whatever you say. Ignore the ignorant.

Ehmsea

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 13 Camaro SS, 04 Pontiac GP
Occupation
RF Engineer
Wow, that was a tough read. Sorry for the OP. So many strong opinions about other people's opinions about color and fit an finish. In spending top dollar on a top trim level, its only natural to want the fit and finish and colors to go well together. I also think Jeep should have made a few more color CHOICES at the top trim levels (Sahar, Ruby, and 392) for Dash, tow hooks, decals, maybe even grill insert.

Me, I'm terrible with colors. I can pick out which ones "stand out" to me, but I have to ask my wife if that's a good thing or a bad thing. But to that point, even I would know those trim pieces and thread/stitching should not only be the same color, but match the gold or bronze theme that was started on the Outside. I'd expect that in a mid trim Honda Civic. And don't get me started on that seat, where the panels don't appear to match, wth?

This is my first Wrangler. I came into this crowd because Jeep refined this beast just enough to get someone shopping for an SUV. And...I love it. Its shortcomings, as well as its strengths. I love the smile I get in just running errands or going out to dinner. Hell, half the time, I don't even brush my hair before going out because I'll be climbing out of this bad boy at the restaurant...isn't that awesome. Well, I think it is...

Anyway, OP, I am jealous of that 392 and people who got them. Does a JL need a V-8, no....but that is exactly why I want one. Imagine the feeling of cruising in my own Jeep, but when I step on the gas you get that great sound of an American V-8 with long tubes..."Is this heaven? No, its Iowa. I could've sworn it was heaven..."

OP
OP
Jjirish

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Wow, that was a tough read. Sorry for the OP. So many strong opinions about other people's opinions about color and fit an finish. In spending top dollar on a top trim level, its only natural to want the fit and finish and colors to go well together. I also think Jeep should have made a few more color CHOICES at the top trim levels (Sahar, Ruby, and 392) for Dash, tow hooks, decals, maybe even grill insert.

Me, I'm terrible with colors. I can pick out which ones "stand out" to me, but I have to ask my wife if that's a good thing or a bad thing. But to that point, even I would know those trim pieces and thread/stitching should not only be the same color, but match the gold or bronze theme that was started on the Outside. I'd expect that in a mid trim Honda Civic. And don't get me started on that seat, where the panels don't appear to match, wth?

This is my first Wrangler. I came into this crowd because Jeep refined this beast just enough to get someone shopping for an SUV. And...I love it. Its shortcomings, as well as its strengths. I love the smile I get in just running errands or going out to dinner. Hell, half the time, I don't even brush my hair before going out because I'll be climbing out of this bad boy at the restaurant...isn't that awesome. Well, I think it is...

Anyway, OP, I am jealous of that 392 and people who got them. Does a JL need a V-8, no....but that is exactly why I want one. Imagine the feeling of cruising in my own Jeep, but when I step on the gas you get that great sound of an American V-8 with long tubes..."Is this heaven? No, its Iowa. I could've sworn it was heaven..."
Awww I love this post from a newbie Jeeper! Welcome and even on my lowest if days a good ride with the top off always cures my soul! If you drool over the 392 hp.... might I suggest a pedal commander? Enjoy your babee and party on! šŸ„³ and hell yeah.... jeep hair doesnt always start in the jeep.... its more of a "jeep hair attitude"!

OP
OP
Jjirish

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
I couldn't agree with you more if I tried, the color details suck. The first mod on my Rubi will be to take the god awful red dash pieces off, Sarge Green and Ruby Red.....really? . You are going to get the jealous D!@KS that will rag on whatever you say. Ignore the ignorant.
Yeah i dont even enjoy the garlishly bright red and green during the holidays.... its just too much! Sarge green.... you lucky ducky! Love that green..
Sponsored