Jeep fail

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
I ordered a black JLUR with tan leather, red dash was a bit much. Went with black because not only is it a clean and classic color but it was the only way I could not see three different colors inside the Jeep. Have to agree with the OP.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep fail Jeepers
Sponsored

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
Decided not to get a 2nd hemi...which was going to be sarge green... awesome color choice! daughter said 3 jeeps in the driveway was "too much".... lol. So now we only have a jl and my granite hemi. Cant wait to see pics of yours!
Three Wranglers doesn’t seem excessive. One for grocery getting. One for off roading. And one for a backup if one needs to be worked on. Seems right to me. ;)

Sponsored

Baconator

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler
I don't understand the hate for OP on this one... Sure, it was written in a somewhat ranty fashion, but who doesn't love a little Dennis Miller from time to time.

Look, when you drop a load of cash on the top of the line model of anything, you're paying to have something built with pride and care.

If I were to build a house, and they painted half the rooms with a different gloss level paint, it would be akin to this, and you should absolutely complain.

Mistakes happen, but to act like it's normal because it's a Jeep is insane. If they can't keep up with their decision to make all these little options, then they should not add the little options. To the point of many, the aftermarket exists and gold bits and decals are on the cheap end of one's Jeep list.

sardog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Wrangler X-Gone, 2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
T
For years now jeep designers have dropped the ball. I don’t work and have no plans to work but for jeep I would reconsider bc they seriously need someone who isn’t color blind and is coherent to handle their “lipstick” department.

It started going downhill when jeep had the brilliant idea that a red dash would be loved by all and match all the rubi exterior colors. It didnt. Now you can get gecko with that red dash. Like wtf Jeep. Jeep’s styling has become halfassed at best. No effort. No thought. My 392 didn’t even get the 392 tailgate badge, for some idiot threw on the standard jl badge like I wouldn’t notice, and it happened on MANY 392’s. Jeep also decided to put a matte chrome ring all over the place on the dash and gear shift, but leaves the empty indentation around the cup holder less than 1 inch away from the gear shift. If you aren’t familiar with the 392, it was detailed in a gold bronze color. But again Jeep failed and used multiple colors that don’t even match. The gold wheels are mostly platinum. The 392 s gold bronze. The shocks are gold. The rubi lettering is outlined in brownish bronze. The stitching on the seats is a tan orange and Jeep didnt even try to incorporate one of their many gold bronze colors in the interior minus the thread fail. It seems with every additional model Jeep throws at us, they forget about attention to detail. They just throw shit at the jeep and see what sticks. Given the amount of options, we could be ordering some badassed looking stock Jeep’s if only Jeep was “a la cart” instead of no choice within model.

but really
HIRE ME BECAUSE YOUR STYLIST IS COLORBLIND, LAZY, AND IS CRAP. even high I could do
a better job bc I learned how to match colors in kindergarten.

AND NO ONE WANTS THAT STUPID “UNLIMITED” decal. In fact. Delete all decals it would make my life easier bc I wouldn’t have to remove them all….

but geez I love Jeep’s…. Especially my 9th one… the 392! Kicks ass.
TL/DR

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKURHR
Look, when you drop a load of cash on the top of the line model of anything, you're paying to have something built with pride and care.

If I were to build a house, and they painted half the rooms with a different gloss level paint, it would be akin to this, and you should absolutely complain.
IMO, the OP conflated two unrelated things. I agree that different parts of the seat should match, and that stitching should be consistent, etc. That's a quality control problem and a fair complaint.

But then switching to complaining about a red dash on a Gecko JL? Apples and oranges. That's just a combo she happens not to like -- it's not a mistake on Jeep's part. Many manufacturers will sell you some seriously wild-ass combinations these days. Go build a current model BMW M4. I'll wait. But your disdain for a garish combination doesn't mean Jeep has somehow "failed" from a quality standpoint. Don't like it? Order Saddle Brown with a gray dash instead.

OP
OP
Jjirish

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
I mean, Jeep does offer an alternative. And some of us sincerely like the red. Choice is a wonderful thing.

1627318759284.png
Yes! Thats my point! Let me choose. The only choice lipstick
I was just relieved that my 4xe Rubicon didn't come with a bright blue dash.
A bright blue dash would look sic with the islander tiki bob trim! đź’™ but jeep didnt think of that.... ahem.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jjirish

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Wait, what's wrong with Gecko and a red dash? It's gonna look rad.

Not your taste? That's OK! Your Jeep probably isn't to my taste, either.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep fail Screenshot_2018-12-22-17-27-21
Really? I havent met anyone yet that doesnt like my lil jeep... so gold star you're #1! 🌟

OP
OP
Jjirish

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
this has been truly entertaining..... now whered i put my popcorn.........
Better be next to the milk duds you're about to dump in the bowl!!!

OP
OP
Jjirish

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
OP
OP
Jjirish

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
This would bother me the most, unless both outer panels om both seats looked the same, but even then... The tailgate plaque can be changed easy enough.

My sister is looking at Islanders. There was a Snazberry one with blue stitching on the seats. In no way does marron and blue look good together. Especially when the dash panels are painted white.
Exactly! I think the islander trim w tiki bob is one if the top trims. Its fun and screams jeep... but again... lack of trim color choices that are available on other trims can destroy the whole shabang.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Fire extinguisher on the engine and exhaust solenoid (pneumatic) valve opening and closing switches.

Jeez those are some serious fire extinguishers. We need you and your jeep in California for the next fire season.
Sponsored