Daug

Daug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited and Gladiator
Yeah. The Jeep website really sucks showing exactly what you get and what you give up.

From what I can gather, with the Mopar leather seats you lose:
  1. The Rubicon/Sahara embroidering; you get a generic smiley Jeep face instead
  2. The rear fold down center armrest with the built-in cup holders; you get two plastic cup holders added to the back of the floor console instead
  3. The leather covering with extra padding and stitching on the door armrests; you get the one-piece molded plastic armrests from Sport
There may be other items, but these are the ones I’ve been able to tell. In my experience, most dealers are not even aware of these differences.

My guess is Rubicons with the Mopar leather leave the factory with cloth seats and have the fabric replaced with the Mopar leather at an offsite vendor.

My Sahara came with cloth seats; I had the Katzkin leather seats installed. Thankfully, all Saharas, cloth and leather, come with the fancy leather covered door armrests with extra padding and matching stitching. But I still gave up the rear fold down armrest and the embroidering on the seats. Overall, I am very happy with my seats, but I knew exactly what I was getting.

The rear fold down center armrest and the fancy door armrests are nice. I’d share your discovery and annoyance with the dealer if I were you.
I think you covered most everything. I did contact the dealer but apparently it’s too late to change. Not really worth it to me to cancel and reorder. I guess my biggest gripe is with the lack of clarity on the build page and myself for not catching it. It was literally a last minute change to get the stitched seats because I clicked on the more info and liked the way they looked. I have a gladiator with the leather trimmed package and love it. This build is a surprise gift for my wife’s 50th birthday. I wanted to give her a little upgrade from mine but now I’m not sure that it’s really an upgrade. The seats do look nice so I’m sure she will be thrilled. Just really wanted it to be perfect for the money I’m spending.
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I think you covered most everything. I did contact the dealer but apparently it’s too late to change. Not really worth it to me to cancel and reorder. I guess my biggest gripe is with the lack of clarity on the build page and myself for not catching it. It was literally a last minute change to get the stitched seats because I clicked on the more info and liked the way they looked. I have a gladiator with the leather trimmed package and love it. This build is a surprise gift for my wife’s 50th birthday. I wanted to give her a little upgrade from mine but now I’m not sure that it’s really an upgrade. The seats do look nice so I’m sure she will be thrilled. Just really wanted it to be perfect for the money I’m spending.
If it is any consolation, 99% of buyers are unaware of these differences when they order.

I have posted several times that Jeep ought to stop creating these minute differences that neither customers --nor dealers-- are aware of beforehand. It only adds cost, complexity and creates confusion.

Hope your wife loves her new Jeep!

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
You can get the top dash pad from Mopar for like $180, and the console cover and shift boots too...those are all do-able and not real expensive. However the door handles are probably going to be cost prohibitive.

You could also add this which I think is way cooler anyway:

https://leatherseats.com/shop/inter...arging-consoles/jl-wrangler-charging-console/

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
The leather covering with extra padding and stitching on the door armrests; you get the one-piece molded plastic armrests from Sport.
I didn't know the Sports have one-piece molded plastic armrests. My 80th came with cloth seats (I installed leather myself) and the armrests are fully padded vinyl (no stitching). All the Wranglers that we test-drove had these same armrests...but we only test drove a bunch of Sport S's and one Sahara. So maybe the Sport is different.

OP
OP
Daug

Daug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Odierub

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
If it makes you feel any better those "other leather trimmed accents" aren't actually leather. It's "leatherette" or what the rest of the world calls VINYL. Sure, it's stitched and it looks nice I suppose. But it's not actually leather. In fact most of the factory leather seats are vinyl too...I don't know for fact but i wouldn't be surprised if the Mopar (Katzkin) leather option contained a lot more leather.
Very true. Yeah the Katzkin seats are top notch. NO comparison.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't know the Sports have one-piece molded plastic armrests. My 80th came with cloth seats (I installed leather myself) and the armrests are fully padded vinyl (no stitching). All the Wranglers that we test-drove had these same armrests...but we only test drove a bunch of Sport S's and one Sahara. So maybe the Sport is different.
Yeah, the entire door armrest thing is very weird.

From what I have been able to gather:
  1. All Sports and Willys get the polyurethane door armrests
  2. All Saharas, with cloth and leather seats, get the "leather" covered arm-rests with extra padding and fancy stitching
  3. Rubicons with cloth seats, and with the Mopar leather seats, get the same armrests as Sports and Willys
  4. Rubicons with factory leather seats get the same armrests as Saharas
None of this is explained anywhere, and most dealers are not even aware of these differences. I was able to glue all of this together from test driving 12 different JLs, and from looking at miscellaneous photos online.

I don't even know if Wrangler Product Planners fully know how all of this works... 😫

OP
OP
Daug

Daug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for all the responses. Based on the information that I gathered from you all I think I found my best course. I can get the dash pad, brake, and console lid and have them added pretty reasonable. Just need to get the dealer to install when it comes in. Not too worried about the door panels or the rear seat center arm rest. Part numbers below for anyone interested. Thanks again.

Authentic Mopar Parking Brake Handle Rubicon Black Leather With Red Stitching
Part Number: 6LZ011A3AE $104.28

2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Authentic Mopar Center Console Lid Rubicon

Part Number: 6AC671R3AH $44.31

2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Authentic Mopar Dashboard Top Pad Trim Kit Rubicon

Part Number: 6AC121R3AC $193.72

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
Is anyone actually happy that they chose the Stitched or Perforated leather seats over the regular leather trimmed seat package? I am feeling really cheated after ordering the stitched leather by Mopar. I guess that I should have done more research before placing a $65+K order for a new jeep and not knowing exactly what I was getting. I know, shame on me. I assumed that a leather package was a leather package not a cloth package with seat covers. For $50 more, I lost many other leather trimmed accents as well as the back seat center arm rest. Trying to find a bright side as I have already put a $2500 down payment. Sorry for all the tears but is there a bright side here that I am missing? Also, can anyone confirm the color stitching because there are two different images on the Jeep build site. The 360 view shows white but the more info picture shows red. I am getting a Rubicon with the red dash so I hope that it’s red.
How long ago did you order, and what stage is your jeep in? Even if it's D status, they should still be able to make a change - would just require the area rep.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Daug

Daug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How long ago did you order, and what stage is your jeep in? Even if it's D status, they should still be able to make a change - would just require the area rep.
I ordered on Aug 7. I assume that I am still in D status. I have a follow up with my salesman tomorrow morning and I will ask. Thanks

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Yeah, the entire door armrest thing is very weird.

From what I have been able to gather:
  1. All Sports and Willys get the polyurethane door armrests
  2. All Saharas, with cloth and leather seats, get the "leather" covered arm-rests with extra padding and fancy stitching
  3. Rubicons with cloth seats, and with the Mopar leather seats, get the same armrests as Sports and Willys
  4. Rubicons with factory leather seats get the same armrests as Saharas
None of this is explained anywhere, and most dealers are not even aware of these differences. I was able to glue all of this together from test driving 12 different JLs, and from looking at miscellaneous photos online.

I don't even know if Wrangler Product Planners fully know how all of this works... 😫
But mine has the extra padding and no fancy stitching. The only difference between mine and the Sahara with leather is the contrasting stitching...otherwise, same exact thing. I was under the impression that those were the two armrests - one with black vinyl and no contrasting stitching and one with black vinyl WITH contrasting stitching.

Odierub

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Thanks for all the responses. Based on the information that I gathered from you all I think I found my best course. I can get the dash pad, brake, and console lid and have them added pretty reasonable. Just need to get the dealer to install when it comes in. Not too worried about the door panels or the rear seat center arm rest. Part numbers below for anyone interested. Thanks again.

Authentic Mopar Parking Brake Handle Rubicon Black Leather With Red Stitching
Part Number: 6LZ011A3AE $104.28

2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Authentic Mopar Center Console Lid Rubicon

Part Number: 6AC671R3AH $44.31

2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Authentic Mopar Dashboard Top Pad Trim Kit Rubicon

Part Number: 6AC121R3AC $193.72
This what I am going to be ordering. Have been meaning to, just haven’t got around to it. Only concern is tearing into the dash for the pad.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
But mine has the extra padding and no fancy stitching. The only difference between mine and the Sahara with leather is the contrasting stitching...otherwise, same exact thing. I was under the impression that those were the two armrests - one with black vinyl and no contrasting stitching and one with black vinyl WITH contrasting stitching.
Yeah, in the past, 70th and 75th Anniversary Editions were based on Sahara: you got the Sahara painted fenders, grille, sidesteps, the extra sound deadening, the big brake kit, 18-inch wheels, etc.

80A throws me off sometimes: like Sport, it has no Sahara sidesteps; but it has Sahara's grille, bumpers, painted fenders, 18-inch wheels and, apparently, the upgraded door armrests too
Sponsored