Jeep Factory Leather Options

Daug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited and Gladiator
Is anyone actually happy that they chose the Stitched or Perforated leather seats over the regular leather trimmed seat package? I am feeling really cheated after ordering the stitched leather by Mopar. I guess that I should have done more research before placing a $65+K order for a new jeep and not knowing exactly what I was getting. I know, shame on me. I assumed that a leather package was a leather package not a cloth package with seat covers. For $50 more, I lost many other leather trimmed accents as well as the back seat center arm rest. Trying to find a bright side as I have already put a $2500 down payment. Sorry for all the tears but is there a bright side here that I am missing? Also, can anyone confirm the color stitching because there are two different images on the Jeep build site. The 360 view shows white but the more info picture shows red. I am getting a Rubicon with the red dash so I hope that itā€™s red.
Sponsored

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
I have the black Mopar Stitched Leather in a Rubicon. No regrets, it looks and feels good. The seat stitching is red. Instead of the red stitched "Rubicon" on the seat back, it has a stitched white Jeep grille. My Jeep is white so maybe the stitching matches paint color? I prefer the grille because it already says Rubicon enough, IMO.

I'm not sure what leather trimmed accents you say you lose. If I lost any I don't miss them. Everything seems to match appropriately. The 2dr back seat looks great, but no arm rest so I can't speak to that.

jparty1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JGC
Is anyone actually happy that they chose the Stitched or Perforated leather seats over the regular leather trimmed seat package? I am feeling really cheated after ordering the stitched leather by Mopar. I guess that I should have done more research before placing a $65+K order for a new jeep and not knowing exactly what I was getting. I know, shame on me. I assumed that a leather package was a leather package not a cloth package with seat covers. For $50 more, I lost many other leather trimmed accents as well as the back seat center arm rest. Trying to find a bright side as I have already put a $2500 down payment. Sorry for all the tears but is there a bright side here that I am missing? Also, can anyone confirm the color stitching because there are two different images on the Jeep build site. The 360 view shows white but the more info picture shows red. I am getting a Rubicon with the red dash so I hope that itā€™s red.
Does anyone have pics of the MOPAR "stitched" or "perforated" leather seats? I'm curious because I have only seen pics of the "leather trimmed" option...

Edit: thank you for bringing this topic up... I'm still waiting to order and this is news to me.

OP
OP
Daug

Daug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the black Mopar Stitched Leather in a Rubicon. No regrets, it looks and feels good. The seat stitching is red. Instead of the red stitched "Rubicon" on the seat back, it has a stitched white Jeep grille. My Jeep is white so maybe the stitching matches paint color? I prefer the grille because it already says Rubicon enough, IMO.

I'm not sure what leather trimmed accents you say you lose. If I lost any I don't miss them. Everything seems to match appropriately. The 2dr back seat looks great, but no arm rest so I can't speak to that.
Thanks man, good to hear. I really hope I like it. Glad to hear the stitching is red. Other than the missing rear center arm rest, the door panels, break leaver, and center console are a little different. Probably not that big of an issue, just not what I was thinking.

OP
OP
Daug

Daug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone have pics of the MOPAR "stitched" or "perforated" leather seats? I'm curious because I have only seen pics of the "leather trimmed" option...

Edit: thank you for bringing this topic up... I'm still waiting to order and this is news to me.
Looks like I will have them in a few weeks. Iā€™ll post pics when it arrives.

Sponsored

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
Iā€™d Rather Talk Jeepā€™s!
I opted for Perforated Leather hoping for a little more breathability for my rear end. :fingerscrossed: I, too, didnā€™t bother with any research on what the Perforated (or stitched) option really entails. Nor have I even sat in a Wrangler newer than 2002 (except one 4 years ago and only for a minute). I just know Iā€™ll be happy with whatever leather they decide to give me. šŸ˜† And I know Iā€™ll simply be happy in a Wrangler, so no need for test drives for me. šŸ¤™

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
This is the Mopar Stitched Leather in a white Rubicon. I hope the pic is okay, turns out it isn't all that easy to take a pic of a seat in a garage at night.
(The passenger seat is boosted 1" if it looks a little off and it hasn't been cleaned after our last excursion into the desert)
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Factory Leather Options 1629869397068

Odierub

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
šŸ’Æ%
Shame on me not doing more research. First I will say I really like the perforated seats. And I personally think the grill looks great stitched in the seat. But come on Jeep donā€™t you think if someone went with these they were thinking they were getting the dash pad, console, armrest etcā€¦ seems a little bait and switch.
But again shame on me. 1st world probs.

OP
OP
Daug

Daug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is the Mopar Stitched Leather in a white Rubicon. I hope the pic is okay, turns out it isn't all that easy to take a pic of a seat in a garage at night.
(The passenger seat is boosted 1" if it looks a little off and it hasn't been cleaned after our last excursion into the desert)
Looks great. Thanks for the picture.

OP
OP
Daug

Daug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
šŸ’Æ%
Shame on me not doing more research. First I will say I really like the perforated seats. And I personally think the grill looks great stitched in the seat. But come on Jeep donā€™t you think if someone went with these they were thinking they were getting the dash pad, console, armrest etcā€¦ seems a little bait and switch.
But again shame on me. 1st world probs.
Well said

Sponsored

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S (Chief) and 2022 Willys XR (Gobi) ord
Occupation
Retired

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
For $50 more, I lost many other leather trimmed accents as well as the back seat center arm rest. Trying to find a bright side as I have already put a $2500 down payment.
If it makes you feel any better those "other leather trimmed accents" aren't actually leather. It's "leatherette" or what the rest of the world calls VINYL. Sure, it's stitched and it looks nice I suppose. But it's not actually leather. In fact most of the factory leather seats are vinyl too...I don't know for fact but i wouldn't be surprised if the Mopar (Katzkin) leather option contained a lot more leather.

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKURHR
Holy smokes, that looks terrific! I'd be disappointed if I paid for leather and DIDN'T get those.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah. The Jeep website really sucks showing exactly what you get and what you give up.

From what I can gather, with the Mopar leather seats you lose:
  1. The Rubicon/Sahara embroidering; you get a generic smiley Jeep face instead
  2. The rear fold down center armrest with the built-in cup holders; you get two plastic cup holders added to the back of the floor console instead
  3. The leather covering with extra padding and stitching on the door armrests; you get the one-piece molded plastic armrests from Sport
There may be other items, but these are the ones Iā€™ve been able to tell. In my experience, most dealers are not even aware of these differences.

My guess is Rubicons with the Mopar leather leave the factory with cloth seats and have the fabric replaced with the Mopar leather at an offsite vendor.

My Sahara came with cloth seats; I had the Katzkin leather seats installed. Thankfully, all Saharas, cloth and leather, come with the fancy leather covered door armrests with extra padding and matching stitching. But I still gave up the rear fold down armrest and the embroidering on the seats. Overall, I am very happy with my seats, but I knew exactly what I was getting.

The rear fold down center armrest and the fancy door armrests are nice. Iā€™d share your discovery and annoyance with the dealer if I were you.

Last edited: