Feeling Ripped off with CBS leather option

1. Shots

Shots Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Winchell
    Vehicle(s):
    Wrangler Sahara (JLU), Renegade Limited (BU)
    Liked:
    I'm not disappointed in my factory leather seats at all. They are smooth and soft, the stitching is all white (just like all Sahara/Moab with leather). Very comfortable and MUCH easier to clean than cloth. Last weekend my seats got pretty dirty, and all I had to do was wipe them off with a damp cloth. No scrubbing to get the dirt out like you do with cloth seats. If you properly maintain your leather it will easily last as long as cloth seats. They don't seem cheap to me in quality, or workmanship. The colors aren't "wrong" either. The leather option is white stitching. The error is in the dealer not telling people who are ordering a Rubicon that the other red accents won't change.

HealthRebel likes this.
  2. HealthRebel

HealthRebel Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Jerry
    Vehicle(s):
    2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
    Liked:
    Thanks for sharing. Good information to know!

3. Shots

Shots Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Winchell
    Vehicle(s):
    Wrangler Sahara (JLU), Renegade Limited (BU)
    Liked:
    Have any of you with a Rubicon tried dyeing the white stitching red? I've seen that done in Rams with various colors. It's a bit of effort, but then all your stuff would be red instead of red and white.

4. COJLGirl

COJLGirl Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2019 JLUR, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4
    Liked:
    I’m well aware of the red stitching on the boot and the steering wheel considering that’s my Jeep in the photo.

5. lakebuster

lakebuster New Member

First Name:
    David
    Vehicle(s):
    2020 Jeep Rubicon JL and 2015 Jeep JK Willys Wheeler
    Liked:
    Drove over to dealer per website Window Sticker showed they had one Rubicon with the CBQ-Peforated Leather Option and the Granite Crystal had the CBS-Stitched Leather Option. Upon arriving at dealership both Rubicons listed the $1795 option but had cloth seats. Told dealer to deduct the $1795 for not having the Katzkin Option and I would have it installed myself. I was told no, they would have to make a claim with FCA and others would buy as is...Anyone else ran into this problem?

6. rocketship41

rocketship41 Member

First Name:
    Michael
    Vehicle(s):
    2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JK350
    Liked:
    Ordered a 2020 Rubicon 8/29 and rolled the dice with the CBS leather option. After reading the threads was super bummed about the miss-match of stitching and missing the nice touches with the factory leather (top dash, shifter knobs, ebrake, center console, door armrest, rear seat fold down). I was just notified that my new rig arrived with RED stitching in the CBS seats. Looks way better than the white. The hex insert is still white, along with the jeep logo - but the red stitching around the insert looks "acceptable". Thank goodness someone at Jeep is thinking! My dealer is being cool and replacing all the trim pieces for a very reasonable cost. Just thought I'd let whomever is reading this know.

jeep seat.jpg

jdubya421 likes this.
  7. FitBliss

FitBliss Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Gabriel
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Jeep Wrangler Limited Rubicon
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    Yeah this isn't the first I have heard of this option not being up to par, before I bought my rubi I saw a used model with this option in person and was not impressed.

8. captnjbk

captnjbk Well-Known Member

First Name:
    BK
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Sting Gray Rubicon. 2017 Moto Guzzi V7. 2014 MotoGuzzi California
    Liked:
    Not to pour salt in the wound but here's Alea Leather with stitching to match the steering wheel.
    Much less than $1750.
    I'd be pitching a fit at the dealership. Even the Katzkin version has matching stitching.

jeep 2.jpg

9. rocketship41

rocketship41 Member

First Name:
    Michael
    Vehicle(s):
    2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JK350
    Liked:
    Uh, yea. That looks killer! Live and learn. Now that the CBS option comes with Red Stitching, it does look pretty good and matches nicely. It would be a total disappointment with miss-matching stitching like the guys in the beginning of this thread.

10. cosmec

cosmec Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2015 Subaru WRX, 2012 JK-Previously
    Liked:
    That looks awful