Sponsored

Feeling Ripped off with CBS leather option

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4...
I am following as I am preparing to order a 2019 Rubicon with the CBS. Does anyone know if the red stitching issue has been fixed? Or is is still white?
It's not an issue. Both CBS and CBQ Mopar leather come with white stitching on the seats versus the red. When you place an order for the Mopar leather, the dealership has to select both the cloth option and Mopar leather option (CBS or CBQ) you are ordering. Selecting the basic cloth option tells the factory not to add the red stitch to the doors, armrest, and dash.

20190517_212215219_iOS.jpg
Sponsored

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Ya gotta wonder....what would it take for them to instead do red stitching so it matches the shifter?

Seems to me like an INCREDIBLY simple "press of a button" to order some red stock for the supplier, and it'd be easy to denote which seats are JL seats on work orders

But I've never run a factory installing leather for FCA so maybe it's super complicated and I'm wrong...

3DogNate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Rubicon - Firecracker Red
Occupation
UX Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Ya gotta wonder....what would it take for them to instead do red stitching so it matches the shifter?

Seems to me like an INCREDIBLY simple "press of a button" to order some red stock for the supplier, and it'd be easy to denote which seats are JL seats on work orders

But I've never run a factory installing leather for FCA so maybe it's super complicated and I'm wrong...
You know you can just take a cloth jeep and order whatever custom Katskinz color/pattern/stitching is available from your dealer and they'll order from Katskinz (not Mopar) and have it installed for about the same money as the CBS leather option is right? As part of or after the sale.

The CBS and CBQ options are really a way to get leather in the Sahara and Sport models and the white stitching looks right at home there. I have the CBS and I even thought about ordering a set of Katskinz with red stitching and a diamond pleating maybe with some red panels and selling my like new CBS covers to a Sport owner at a discount. And it saving a sport owner some money and getting me 100% what I want for only a small $ amount. But... then again my CBS covers look pretty darned good as is.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
You know you can just take a cloth jeep and order whatever custom Katskinz color/pattern/stitching is available from your dealer and they'll order from Katskinz (not Mopar) and have it installed for about the same money as the CBS leather option is right? As part of or after the sale.

The CBS and CBQ options are really a way to get leather in the Sahara and Sport models and the white stitching looks right at home there. I have the CBS and I even thought about ordering a set of Katskinz with red stitching and a diamond pleating maybe with some red panels and selling my like new CBS covers to a Sport owner at a discount. And it saving a sport owner some money and getting me 100% what I want for only a small $ amount. But... then again my CBS covers look pretty darned good as is.
The answer is: no. No, I don't know that.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Yes-saw picture of Sahara and all the stitching matched and had stitched center console and door armrests. Jeep only shows picture of a seat.
This is one of the several reasons I ordered a Sahara instead of a Rubicon. I wanted the leather seats, console, and dash with white stitching. I don't like the red dash, and don't particularly care for the red stitching on anything but a red Jeep. Sahara gave me all the fancy features, plus leather armrest, console and a much more appealing dash. For many people though these are illogical things on a Wrangler, but mine will see more comfort rides than trail rides so things like leather trimmings make sense.
It sucks that they showed you the Sahara interior when ordering a Rubicon. They're obviously similar, but the Rubi doesn't get all the fixings that the Sahara does. They should have showed you a Rubicon interior so you knew it would be white, and you weren't getting the extra leather trim too. Poor salesmanship. I doubt they were being deceptive, but the salesman was likely uninformed about the product and differences between trims, as many of them are..

You know you can just take a cloth jeep and order whatever custom Katskinz color/pattern/stitching is available from your dealer and they'll order from Katskinz (not Mopar) and have it installed for about the same money as the CBS leather option is right? As part of or after the sale..

The answer is: no. No, I don't know that.
Yeah, that's news to me too.

Sponsored

Bri_BKT

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Rubicon JLU 4xe; 2016 Mazda CX-5
This is what I did. Worked out pretty great. Got some nice green stitching to match my Mojito!. Cost was almost exactly the same and rolled right into the price of the Jeep.

OP
OP

PEABUDY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR GRANITE CRYSTAL
Vehicle Showcase
It's not an issue. Both CBS and CBQ Mopar leather come with white stitching on the seats versus the red. When you place an order for the Mopar leather, the dealership has to select both the cloth option and Mopar leather option (CBS or CBQ) you are ordering. Selecting the basic cloth option tells the factory not to add the red stitch to the doors, armrest, and dash.

20190517_212215219_iOS.jpg
Look at the picture-has red stitched shift boot, steering wheel, and seat back pulls.

OP
OP

PEABUDY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR GRANITE CRYSTAL
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer service manager did look at mine and got in touch with his regional manager. I took Jeep in and they took a bunch of pictures and copy of window sticker. Asked what I really wanted and told them either red stitched seats or white stitching on steering and dash like a Sahara.Would have got standard factory black leather if would have known this. Jeep literature is poor. i am not holding my breath that they do anything.

KM88

First Name
Kendra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited MOAB
Wow I guess I didn’t realize there were so many options in the leather and stitching. Bought my MOAB off the lot. They come with leather with stitching everywhere. Console, doors and dash. All seems to be good on mine thank goodness. Good luck to everyone in getting their situations straightened out

8B8C939E-29DE-4A1A-8FE2-ECAF745B51CD.jpeg

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Yeah Kendra, the Moab and Sahara will have matched stitching like the OP was expecting. The issue seems to be that dealerships are showing a picture of our interiors to give example of the leather and not telling the Rubicon buyers that they'll end up with a white and red mix. I wouldn't want mine like that either.

Sponsored

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
All of this "disappointing" talk about the factory leather options... cheap quality, cheap workmanship, stitching that's the wrong color, etc. That's why I will stay with the cloth seats and perhaps change out someday. just a personal opinion, but cloth is so much more comfortable in the summer and winter. I will just lay down a towel over the seat in the heat of summer to keep from perspiring on the fabric. Just sharing some thoughts.

Goheels050917

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU (SOLD - March 2021)
Occupation
SD-WAN Engineer - Technical Author
All of this "disappointing" talk about the factory leather options... cheap quality, cheap workmanship, stitching that's the wrong color, etc. That's why I will stay with the cloth seats and perhaps change out someday. just a personal opinion, but cloth is so much more comfortable in the summer and winter. I will just lay down a towel over the seat in the heat of summer to keep from perspiring on the fabric. Just sharing some thoughts.
I am 100% with you. It looks all nice in the catalogs and on the Internet, but the practicality and sustainability isn't and will never be as good as cloth. It's just like picking a hotel online. They show you all the brand new pics professionally taken, but once you get to the actual hotel, its a dump.

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Sport seats/ shifter boots have black stitching and a plastic dash so that white stitching would be a sharp contrast. @Katzkin has been great in customizing everything. OP hope the dealer can offer you that as a way to make you happy.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I'm not disappointed in my factory leather seats at all. They are smooth and soft, the stitching is all white (just like all Sahara/Moab with leather). Very comfortable and MUCH easier to clean than cloth. Last weekend my seats got pretty dirty, and all I had to do was wipe them off with a damp cloth. No scrubbing to get the dirt out like you do with cloth seats. If you properly maintain your leather it will easily last as long as cloth seats. They don't seem cheap to me in quality, or workmanship. The colors aren't "wrong" either. The leather option is white stitching. The error is in the dealer not telling people who are ordering a Rubicon that the other red accents won't change.
Sponsored