Jeep does not start.

HersheyJeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
I get back to my jeep tonight and did the auto start, but the vehicle did not turn on. I got closer to the vehicle and unlocked my door, when I hit the button to start my wrangler nothing happened. The vehicle would not go into accessory or ignition. Nothing worked.

I removed the ground wire and that reset it enough to start. Anyone else run into this issue??
Sponsored

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
No but if it happens again try to start it by pressing the fob against the start button. That's a trick to start it if the fob battery is low. Not saying that was the problem with yours but it might work.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome to the forum!

There are lots of miscellaneous posts of JLs losing all power while driving, not starting altogether, etc. Causes seem to range from loose battery terminals, to fuses not pushed down all the way, to auxiliary batteries not charging, to defective auxiliary battery wiring, to more involved ESS problems.

Best thing if it happens again is to capture on video how you attempt to re-start the Jeep, so you can show your dealer how the Jeep doesn’t start when you try, and how you have to play with the battery connections to get it to work.

Unfortunately, chances are if you take your fully operational JL into the dealership without evidence of malfunction, they are not going to lift a finger.

Good luck.

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
Welcome to the forum!

There are lots of miscellaneous posts of JLs losing all power while driving, not starting altogether, etc. Causes seem to range from loose battery terminals, to fuses not pushed down all the way, to auxiliary batteries not charging, to defective auxiliary battery wiring, to more involved ESS problems.

Best thing if it happens again is to capture on video how you attempt to re-start the Jeep, so you can show your dealer how the Jeep doesn’t start when you try, and how you have to play with the battery connections to get it to work.

Unfortunately, chances are if you take your fully operational JL into the dealership without evidence of malfunction, they are not going to lift a finger.

Good luck.
I will just add to this. All great points above. Concerning the dealership not lifting a finger.... the key here is that it is very challenging to recreate the issue if it is intermittent and not occurring when you drive your rig onto the lot.

Last thing, when you find out what it is, it may be good to post your experience in the issue so others can glean info from it.

Best of luck!!!!
Sponsored