Jeep Detailing!

Ron93YJ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
I’ve been using turtle wax ice spray wax on mine. I recently used Meguiar’s hybrid ceramic wax, which seems to work well also. Finding products that work well on all surfaces - rubber, plastic, matte stickers, etc. has been key for me.
Sponsored

NJRon

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 6MT (Earl)
This is my first Jeep, but detail will be the same as previous cars (I assume). I had Jeep detailed by a pro doing new car delivery (wash / buff to remove any imperfections). Then add ceramic coating to whole car. Works wonders! No matter how dirty my car would get using the power washer removed most / all dirt and then used ceramic soap to keep it clean. Microfiber cloth for wash / dry two bucket method. I use Glassparency products. Hoping they work well when things get muddy.. TBD

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
I've had excellent results with Mother's back to black plastic trim restorer to keep my fenders and other trim looking like new.

[DELETED USER 82058]

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon 2-Door
Buy Shine Supply Products, Klin Towels/Mitts, 2 buckets (3 if you are nuts like me), grit guards, pressure washer, foam cannon. Boar hair brush for wheels, lug brush, tire brush, EZ Detail brush to get the inner wheels. If you want to really bump things up, add ppf and ceramic coat. If you want to blow the vehicle dry get a blaster, more precise use plus some blow warm air.
Inside: Shop vac, compressed air, Klin for interior, soft interior detail brush. More Shine Supply Products!😂

Sponsored

Cux211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler unlimited rubicon recon
Not sure how crazy you want to get but (in my mind) the proper detail would be wash it then iron decon wash again clay then do a 2 step sealer and wax over that I got turned onto jescar power lock+ sealer and collinite 845 wax a few years ago and that combo is freaken unreal

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2019 Cherokee, 2015 GrCherokee, 2006 TJ
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
I'll see your chamois cloth and raise you a leaf blower 🌬
I'll see your chamois cloth, leaf blower and raise you a "piss boy". (You know, the guy that holds the bucket). 🤣

It's good to be the King.

IYKYK!
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Detailing! Screenshot_20230116_201833

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
A wash here, for the most part, means keeping it dusted off. California Car Duster, followed by a micro fiber. Every once in a while I use a ceramic detail spray, even on the glass, Griots, Turtle Wax or whatever. Not too picky.

303 on the exterior plastic and all seals. A wrung out damp micro fiber on the seats and interior surfaces. NEVER Armor All, never.

Most washes are simply a damp micro fiber wipe down prior to a detail spray. I’ve only waxed it once with Griots I think. Anyone know a great wax that leaves no white residue?

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
Must haves for all the Jeep detailing fanatics out there!
You mean "detailing" as in the constant supply of fresh dirt and mud I apply to my JLU every week?

Seriously though, a garden hose and dawn soap are all I use once every couple of months. I don't ever dry it either, it just gonna get dirty by the end of the week, what are a few water spots?

Chemical Guys products on the wifes Forester, they make good quality products.

Sponsored

Mudduck

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4door
Only time I wash mine is after I run through snow/salt. Otherwise it gets washed when It rains.

QwikKotaTx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Dodge Dakota T56, 2015 Hemi Ram
I'll see your chamois cloth and raise you a leaf blower 🌬
This is what I use followed by a waffle weave microfiber towel. If I didn't use the leaf blower I would need 3 towels and drying them out in the garage with all the dust is a pain. With the blower I only need 1 towel for what is left. The damn hood hinge pockets hold a cup of water alone.