Sponsored

Issues with Sirius XM reception, anyone else?

Riperoo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLU Sahara Altitude Diesel
I have had Sirius XM in several vehicles, have to say, the worst by far, is my new 21 JLUSD, my signal gets dropped so many time its bordering on useless, almost seems like I cant get through a single song with out that acquiring signal message coming up. Actually thinking of ditching it and going to just CarPlay and spotify. Anyone else? And the antennae, is that located on top of the roll bar? is that the issue, its got the roof over it? Very disappointing, I do love the variety of Sirius xm and being a bit of an old head, I actually enjoy the live DJ's. Wonder if there is someway to boost the signal.
Sponsored

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
I have a JLUS soft top and the only time my XM cuts out is in my garage with a bonus room over top of it. I do like the fact that when I change stations in my favorites it starts at the beginning of the song. It is also nice to see the album art as opposed to some generic image like my Tundra has if a song is newer than 8 years old. I have the 5" head unit.

I'd bring it to the dealership. If they give you drama, have them roll another hard top Jeep around and demonstrate that it isn't specific to your vehicle.

LatteSipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Sahara 6MT, '23 Highlander
Mine cuts out frequently, and of the 3 vehicles I've owned w/OEM satellite radio, the JLU is the worst. This is in New England, with frequent tree cover driving down a suburban road; no roof rack or roof equipment whatsoever.

dpike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR 3.6
I relocated mine because of the rtt and it's solid, better than it was from factory

oZXHeqD.jpg

LITTLE WILLYS

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
unlimited willys
I ordered my jeep with out that tracking crap. No xm, no onstar.

Sponsored

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
I have had Sirius XM in several vehicles, have to say, the worst by far, is my new 21 JLUSD, my signal gets dropped so many time its bordering on useless, almost seems like I cant get through a single song with out that acquiring signal message coming up.
Just a SWAG but you haven't installed any sound deadener on the hard top have you? I have the HotHeads liner and it does show where you shouldn't install the foil-backed sound deadener so as not to interfere with the antenna,

Mine works fine, except in obvious dead spots like under a highway overpass when stopped, etc. Doesn't drop out otherwise.

Blanco802

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
I'm in new England. Have some dead spots here and there. Annoying but not as frequent as what you're experiencing

OP
OP
Riperoo

Riperoo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLU Sahara Altitude Diesel
Just a SWAG but you haven't installed any sound deadener on the hard top have you? I have the HotHeads liner and it does show where you shouldn't install the foil-backed sound deadener so as not to interfere with the antenna,

Mine works fine, except in obvious dead spots like under a highway overpass when stopped, etc. Doesn't drop out otherwise.
It has the stock deading headliner from the factory, someone mentioned having the material above the antennae removed, going to scope that out today and see if that is the case with the factory installed liner. I would think they would figure that out, but then again, i wouldn't be shocked if they didn't!!