Morris 4x4
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.morris4x4center.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, '13 JK
Hi Guys -

Michael from Morris 4x4 here. I saw this thread and want to apologize to anyone that has not had a great experience recently. We know that it doesn't come close to meeting the standards we have for ourselves. I want to shed some light on why it happened, what we're doing about it, and hopefully find a way to make it up to you.

There's no excuse, but in full transparency, it's been a perfect storm since COVID hit which is causing a customer service backlog that we're still digging out of.

Our warehouses and hundreds of vendors started operating at a reduced capacity for safety. Some manufacturers also furloughed staff and are still in the process of ramping back up.

As jeepers have started new projects, everyone experienced an increase in volume at the same time.

I'll spare you some of the finer details, but perhaps the biggest impact is inventory that was supposed to hit our warehouse or ship directly to customers (if that's faster) hasn't always happened according to the timeframes we were provided.

For example, Tim (VolCntry73) referenced a situation where we're frequently reaching out to get status updates. In some cases (not RR speaking about specifically) manufacturer responses aren't always speedy if they are backlogged as well. (BTW Tim, we'll absolutely honor a price match.)

This all leads to a vicious cycle -- more customers start calling and emailing about order status, which further backs up our CS and other departments that help process orders, exchanges/returns, etc. And of course, that leads to even more inquiries.

We've got the team working overtime and have increased our customer care staff to unprecedented levels since COVID first hit (and we're still adding more as quickly as we can), but it hasn't been enough to get ahead yet. We've got a bunch more coming online this week after completing training over the last few weeks.

We are so sorry for the delays you've experienced. Our customers and the Jeep community mean everything to us, which is why it frustrates us to no end to know that we've disappointed you.

If you're still in need of assistance, please PM me and I'll make sure you get taken care of ASAP. Happy to offer any forum members special discounts and provide gift cards to anyone that was inconvenienced during this period. We want to make this right.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Sponsored

OP
OP
VolCntry73

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon JL, 2018 Accord, 2008 Accord, 2007 CRV, 2000 Dodge Dakota
Alright guys...just wanted to update a couple of things here...

First, I do think it says alot about a company to take the time...come on a forum...address the grievances of us customers...and offer to personally help any way they can. I think it shows they genuinely care about their customers.

Secondly, I want to personally thank Michael from Morris 4x4. He has certainly put my mind at ease and has backed up everything he said in his post above. It's one thing to offer assistance, it's another thing to back it up with action. Obviously I'm still at the mercy of when Rugged Ridge decides to ship their Max Terrains, but Morris has went above and beyond doing their part to help.

And just as an FYI, it looks like Quadratecs is dealing with some of the same backlog according to another thread. I'm glad I stuck with Morris, and they have restored my confidence.

I would recommend anyone else on this thread to reach out to Michael as they truly are trying to make things right.

Thanks again Morris, specifically Michael, for all the help!

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Guys -

Michael from Morris 4x4 here. I saw this thread and want to apologize to anyone that has not had a great experience recently. We know that it doesn't come close to meeting the standards we have for ourselves. I want to shed some light on why it happened, what we're doing about it, and hopefully find a way to make it up to you.

There's no excuse, but in full transparency, it's been a perfect storm since COVID hit which is causing a customer service backlog that we're still digging out of.

Our warehouses and hundreds of vendors started operating at a reduced capacity for safety. Some manufacturers also furloughed staff and are still in the process of ramping back up.

As jeepers have started new projects, everyone experienced an increase in volume at the same time.

I'll spare you some of the finer details, but perhaps the biggest impact is inventory that was supposed to hit our warehouse or ship directly to customers (if that's faster) hasn't always happened according to the timeframes we were provided.

For example, Tim (VolCntry73) referenced a situation where we're frequently reaching out to get status updates. In some cases (not RR speaking about specifically) manufacturer responses aren't always speedy if they are backlogged as well. (BTW Tim, we'll absolutely honor a price match.)

This all leads to a vicious cycle -- more customers start calling and emailing about order status, which further backs up our CS and other departments that help process orders, exchanges/returns, etc. And of course, that leads to even more inquiries.

We've got the team working overtime and have increased our customer care staff to unprecedented levels since COVID first hit (and we're still adding more as quickly as we can), but it hasn't been enough to get ahead yet. We've got a bunch more coming online this week after completing training over the last few weeks.

We are so sorry for the delays you've experienced. Our customers and the Jeep community mean everything to us, which is why it frustrates us to no end to know that we've disappointed you.

If you're still in need of assistance, please PM me and I'll make sure you get taken care of ASAP. Happy to offer any forum members special discounts and provide gift cards to anyone that was inconvenienced during this period. We want to make this right.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Thanks Michael. I just sent you a PM with my order info.

DavidRam

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 door
I initiated a chat at 9am and there were 37 ahead of me... Two hours later I got a very helpful person, and my return was processed in minutes.
I think they are short staffed and overworked... I wouldn't necessarily judge a business with how they are performing right now, with all this scamdemic and fakeprotest crap going on. Things are a little abnormal for everyone and the best thing to do is be patient and understanding, imho.

Morris 4x4 has years of great service and I think they deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Sponsored

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
I have to comment that @Morris4x4 has made it right with me also. I’ll certainly buy from them again!!

Same here. The folks @Morris4x4 went above and beyond in resolving the issue with my order. I will definitely shop with them again! :like: Turns out they also have shop like 35-40 mins from me. I just might have to swing by and check it out.

Friday2322

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR
The only way I was able to finally talk to someone was through Facebook Messeger. My issue was resolved but it was a slow process.

I had ordered some wheels that showed in stock but actually weren't and I couldn't get a firm shipping date. Eventually I cancelled my order and they gave me a pretty large discount on some other wheels that I liked and that were actually in stock. I'll give them another chance but if I have to go through this again I won't deal with them.

OP
OP
VolCntry73

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon JL, 2018 Accord, 2008 Accord, 2007 CRV, 2000 Dodge Dakota
Just wanted to give another shout out to Michael and Morris. I received my Max Terrains this past Wednesday and they are now at the paint shop getting some paint work done. My concern was that my order would be delayed because of Morris’s backlog, but as promised, they made sure I had my place in line with Rugged Ridge and was on the first shipments. 100% satisfied and won’t hesitate to order from them again.

Runt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Sahara
Hate to hack an old thread, but I've ordered my last part from Morris!! I'll gladly pay a bit more for actual customer service.

In fact, I had contacted Northridge4x4 to see if they would price match the part I was ordering. Their response, "I'm sorry we can not price match Morris, we are in the business of shipping actual parts."

Sponsored

Morris4x4

First Name
Morris 4x4
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.morris4x4center.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, '13 JK
Hate to hack an old thread, but I've ordered my last part from Morris!! I'll gladly pay a bit more for actual customer service.

In fact, I had contacted Northridge4x4 to see if they would price match the part I was ordering. Their response, "I'm sorry we can not price match Morris, we are in the business of shipping actual parts."
Good Afternoon Runt,

I do apologize for any issues you have had and I am personally happy to assist. Please feel free to reach out directly at rking @ morris4x4center.com. Our customers are very important to us and we are working hard to hire and train more to our customer service team.

Thank you for your time and I hope that we have another opportunity to do better for you.

-Randi

Shawn_1121

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
Good Afternoon Runt,

I do apologize for any issues you have had and I am personally happy to assist. Please feel free to reach out directly at rking @ morris4x4center.com. Our customers are very important to us and we are working hard to hire and train more to our customer service team.

Thank you for your time and I hope that we have another opportunity to do better for you.

-Randi
I can say with confidence that Randi is great and gets things done!
Sponsored