Issues contacting Morris 4x4

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon JL, 2018 Accord, 2008 Accord, 2007 CRV, 2000 Dodge Dakota
Is anyone else having issues getting in touch with someone at Morris 4x4? I understand that the Coronavirus is affecting businesses, but no one is responding to emails that are a month and a half old, even after sending follow-ups, no one is answering the phone (infinite hold), and no one is answering chat. Wasn't sure if anyone else has actually spoke to someone within the last month.
Sponsored

Jeepileptic

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2016 Fisher-Price Jeep Frozen Edition
Is anyone else having issues getting in touch with someone at Morris 4x4? I understand that the Coronavirus is affecting businesses, but no one is responding to emails that are a month and a half old, even after sending follow-ups, no one is answering the phone (infinite hold), and no one is answering chat. Wasn't sure if anyone else has actually spoke to someone within the last month.
Did you ever end up getting a response from anyone? I emailed them on May 29th and June 2nd requesting a return RMA. Crickets...

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

i know another local guy on here bought some stuff from them and tried contacting them about a return and same thing, zero response to messages left and emails.

Lab1

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Sting Gray, '20 M340i
Posted this in response to the same issue on another thread regarding my experience.

I had a similar experience but was hoping it was a Covid issue, it wasn't though- just a poorly managed company. I placed an order online for wheels through Morris4x4 on April 27. When I received the order confirmation I noticed that the wheels weren't what I ordered- could have been my mistake and I owned that when I called them. I got through right away and was helped by Hugo. I explained the issue and he assisted by cancelling my original order and placing a new order for the correct wheels. I was informed that I would see the refund/credit on my card within 2-3 days and I would be receiving the cancellation as well as the new confirmation via email once I hung up. Before hanging up I asked when they would ship- I was told they were in stock- they would ship within a couple of days. Well, I received both emails and thought all was well. On April 30 I receive an email from Morris4x4 stating that my order was on the way, problem is that it was the cancelled order that was referenced. About the same time I receive an email stating they knew it was incorrect and to call them to make arrangements for return. I call, they say they can't redirect the shipment or cancel this and that I have to receive them and then contact them. Funny, so far I've been able to reach them when I call without issue. Fast forward to May 6 and Fed-Ex rolls up to the house. I'm home which is not normal so I go out to see what he has. I see wheel boxes inside the door and immediately know what's happening. Luckily my Fed-Ex guy is cool so I explain what's up Andy he doesn't even take them off the truck. Once again call But this time I can't reach anybody. May 8 I receive an email informing me that my correct order is delayed by the manufacture and shipping would be May 11. Also receive an email that my original order that was cancelled has been processed and the refund applied to my card- ok not quite a couple of days but it happens. Wait pretty much the entire following week for my wheels until May 14 when I call. Can't reach anybody so I send an email. This repeats several days in a row with multiple call on some days- no answer by phone no response by email. I even called a separate number I had from Hugo with no luck. May 15 I call a local shop that I know reps the wheels but usually doesn't have a ful set in stock, to my surprise he has 2 and says he can get the other 3 in the next day. I hand over my money and on May 18 they are installed. Use the entire week to reach Morris for a full refund with no luck, multiple times I'm on hold for over an hour. May 22 I've had enough and call my credit card company to give them the details and dispute the charge. Find out there is no charge from Morris4x4? I look up my account on-line and see it was actually charged by- wait for it--Autoanything! Credit card company, amex, credits the account immediately and takes it from there. May 23, yes Saturday, I receive an email from Morris stating a full refund has been issued to my card. Sorry for the long read and rant but it's better others know.

OP
OP
VolCntry73

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Posted this in response to the same issue on another thread regarding my experience.

I had a similar experience but was hoping it was a Covid issue, it wasn't though- just a poorly managed company. I placed an order online for wheels through Morris4x4 on April 27. When I received the order confirmation I noticed that the wheels weren't what I ordered- could have been my mistake and I owned that when I called them. I got through right away and was helped by Hugo. I explained the issue and he assisted by cancelling my original order and placing a new order for the correct wheels. I was informed that I would see the refund/credit on my card within 2-3 days and I would be receiving the cancellation as well as the new confirmation via email once I hung up. Before hanging up I asked when they would ship- I was told they were in stock- they would ship within a couple of days. Well, I received both emails and thought all was well. On April 30 I receive an email from Morris4x4 stating that my order was on the way, problem is that it was the cancelled order that was referenced. About the same time I receive an email stating they knew it was incorrect and to call them to make arrangements for return. I call, they say they can't redirect the shipment or cancel this and that I have to receive them and then contact them. Funny, so far I've been able to reach them when I call without issue. Fast forward to May 6 and Fed-Ex rolls up to the house. I'm home which is not normal so I go out to see what he has. I see wheel boxes inside the door and immediately know what's happening. Luckily my Fed-Ex guy is cool so I explain what's up Andy he doesn't even take them off the truck. Once again call But this time I can't reach anybody. May 8 I receive an email informing me that my correct order is delayed by the manufacture and shipping would be May 11. Also receive an email that my original order that was cancelled has been processed and the refund applied to my card- ok not quite a couple of days but it happens. Wait pretty much the entire following week for my wheels until May 14 when I call. Can't reach anybody so I send an email. This repeats several days in a row with multiple call on some days- no answer by phone no response by email. I even called a separate number I had from Hugo with no luck. May 15 I call a local shop that I know reps the wheels but usually doesn't have a ful set in stock, to my surprise he has 2 and says he can get the other 3 in the next day. I hand over my money and on May 18 they are installed. Use the entire week to reach Morris for a full refund with no luck, multiple times I'm on hold for over an hour. May 22 I've had enough and call my credit card company to give them the details and dispute the charge. Find out there is no charge from Morris4x4? I look up my account on-line and see it was actually charged by- wait for it--Autoanything! Credit card company, amex, credits the account immediately and takes it from there. May 23, yes Saturday, I receive an email from Morris stating a full refund has been issued to my card. Sorry for the long read and rant but it's better others know.
Wow!

Sponsored

OP
OP
VolCntry73

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you ever end up getting a response from anyone? I emailed them on May 29th and June 2nd requesting a return RMA. Crickets...
I finally did receive a response Friday, but it was a bit of a frustrating response. I placed an order for RR Max Terrains back in April. According to RR, they are shipping in order that orders were placed. I just wanted to make sure my April order was sent to RR from Morris so that I will be on one of the first shipments to go out when they finally release them but Morris needs 3 business days to research it?? Meanwhile, Quadratec has them on sale again and Morris never responded about price matching. If they never sent my order to RR, I’ll be hot and probably will cancel. Although, if it takes them the full three days, I’ll miss out on Quadratecs sale. Definitely a lesson learned.

Lab1

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Sting Gray, '20 M340i
I finally did receive a response Friday, but it was a bit of a frustrating response. I placed an order for RR Max Terrains back in April. According to RR, they are shipping in order that orders were placed. I just wanted to make sure my April order was sent to RR from Morris so that I will be on one of the first shipments to go out when they finally release them but Morris needs 3 business days to research it?? Meanwhile, Quadratec has them on sale again and Morris never responded about price matching. If they never sent my order to RR, I’ll be hot and probably will cancel. Although, if it takes them the full three days, I’ll miss out on Quadratecs sale. Definitely a lesson learned.
I would cancel and reorder through Quadratec. If you have a problem getting in touch with Morris for your refund, utilize your credit card company for assistance.

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
I attempted to contact customer service Friday via phone, as my Fox shock order arrived missing the front shocks. I was on the phone for an hour and a half waiting for someone to pickup I finally gave up. Their hold music begins to drive you crazy after a while. So, I dont know if my items are back ordered or just weren't put in the box. They sure wasted no time charging my card the full amount.

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase
The fox shocks I received from Morris are wrong. Three of them have the old bushings that won’t work and only one front stock has the correct bushing. On top of that, one looks like it’s been attempted to be installed before. I’ve been on hold for an hour and a half. I just gave up. I guess I’ll sell them because I don’t have any way of changing out the bushings. I’ll never order from them again. Ever.

C32B1CEC-7C07-4B50-A241-6F0644BBC47B.jpeg

JDJL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 6spd
STAY AWAY from that business!

I placed an order with Morris 4x4 back in April. The order confirmation had an estimated ship date. The ship date came and went. Finally 2 weeks later, I sent them an email. No response after several days. I tried chat. No reply. I sat on the phone waiting to speak to someone for over an hour. I tried repeatedly to contact them again. Finally I filed a refund request with Paypal, who gave them 3 weeks to reply (which they didn't) and Paypal finally just refunded my money. It was a HUGE headache.

Sponsored

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The fox shocks I received from Morris are wrong. Three of them have the old bushings that won’t work and only one front stock has the correct bushing. On top of that, one looks like it’s been attempted to be installed before. I’ve been on hold for an hour and a half. I just gave up. I guess I’ll sell them because I don’t have any way of changing out the bushings. I’ll never order from them again. Ever.

C32B1CEC-7C07-4B50-A241-6F0644BBC47B.jpeg
I ordered Front and Rear Fox shocks from Morris like 3 weeks ago, but so far have only received the Rears. Like you, mine also had the old style step washers-spacers. I contacted Fox, and they are sending me the updated parts free of charge, including parts for the Front in case they arrive with the old hardware. According to Fox, you can easily push out the old spacers and insert the new ones with a C-clamp and a couple of sockets -one socket the same size as the washer, the other socket larger. They also recommended using Windex as a lubricant if you have trouble getting the new ones in. I've been trying to reach Morris for the past week and a half trying to find out where my Front shocks are. I will give Morris till the end of the week to respond or send the rest of my order, otherwise I'm filing a claim with Paypal.

Last edited:

Jeepileptic

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2016 Fisher-Price Jeep Frozen Edition
Update: Still no response and cannot get through on the phone. :CWL: :headbang:

flharleycop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2018 Ford Raptor, past 79 CJ5, 86 CJ7, 11 JKU
Occupation
Retired
I use to live right by this place and I ordered most of my parts there. They were a very good company, I tried calling them too after reading this but no answer just voice auto hell. I went to their FB page and they are still posting and replying there, maybe you should hit that up. After reading this though I think ill use Quadratec, or Extreme.

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I managed to finally reach someone today. I called exactly at 9am (Eastern), right when their customer service department opened. I was on hold for about 20 mins. They said they would contact Fox to determine where my Front shocks are and then email me the status. Honestly, I'm not optimistic.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I called them yesterday morning, answered right away. He said they are fully open, shipping right away and no problems. People don't lie on the phone, do they? Next you'll tell me not everything on the internet is true.
Sponsored