Issue installing Mopar Performance Rock Rails

BCMgunner

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 on 37” KO2s
I also ordered from BAM; the larger tab on the passenger-side rail was bent the same way people reported above and one of the screws wouldn't line up. I didn't want to hammer them as I was afraid of breaking them, so I tried turning the nuts on the bolts that were barely sticking out of the holes and one bolt snapped off immediately!
I am wondering if they are able to sell it at a lower price because they get defective parts, given that multiple people reported the same issue. I reached out to them, hopefully they will be able to help me out because shipping them back would be a huge pain. I will let you know how it goes.

20210213_165012.jpg
Any update from BAM
Sponsored

johnbyron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport S
Any update from BAM
Yes, I was waiting to post as we are not done yet, but things look promising: they initially told me they would send me a new pair but I had to send back the old ones, which would be a pain given the size and weight. Then they asked me to send some pictures of the damaged item and said they might be able to file a claim with their insurance and so I might be able to keep the old rails as well.
I should receive the new rails in the next few days. I will let you know how it goes :)

BCMgunner

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 on 37” KO2s
Yes, I was waiting to post as we are not done yet, but things look promising: they initially told me they would send me a new pair but I had to send back the old ones, which would be a pain given the size and weight. Then they asked me to send some pictures of the damaged item and said they might be able to file a claim with their insurance and so I might be able to keep the old rails as well.
I should receive the new rails in the next few days. I will let you know how it goes :)
Great to hear. Thank for the reply and keep us updated!

johnbyron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport S
This is ridiculous! The second set of rails arrived. This time the bolts are all aligned, but the same rail (passenger side) has a bent bracket, and when I say bent I mean really bent! I tried hitting it a lot (for sure more than 500 times) with a rubber mallet, which made it almost straight, but the bracket still doesn't align with the hole in the frame. Tomorrow I will try again, but I am super pissed, it would have been better to spend $100 more and buy it somewhere else.
The only positive aspect: BAM seems to have a good customer service.

rail.jpg

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
This is ridiculous! The second set of rails arrived. This time the bolts are all aligned, but the same rail (passenger side) has a bent bracket, and when I say bent I mean really bent! I tried hitting it a lot (for sure more than 500 times) with a rubber mallet, which made it almost straight, but the bracket still doesn't align with the hole in the frame. Tomorrow I will try again, but I am super pissed, it would have been better to spend $100 more and buy it somewhere else.
The only positive aspect: BAM seems to have a good customer service.

rail.jpg
I originally wanted to order them on my new Jeep, but thankfully (in retrospect) they didn't fit on EcoDiesels. Instead I spent half as much on ACE sliders. Happy.

Sponsored

NBB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
It's just sheet metal - like the Jeep you're bolting it to. Not exactly cnc tolerances. Keep whacking it until it kind-of sort-of lines up, then bolt it down - done. Odds of pulling something out of a shipping box and it perfectly aligning are near zero.

Has anyone taken any hits to this rail on the trails? Does it work?

johnbyron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport S
I mean, yes, I wouldn't expect everything to line up properly, but I also wouldn't expect to have to bang them like there is no tomorrow for hours.
After a second day of work, I was finally able to make it fit, but it was really extenuating.
IMHO the issue is with shipping, as the brackets were not protected in any way, so they get bent easily. If you want to save $100 and you have have a lot of strength and patience, then sure, go with BAM.

mounted.jpg

TyRoosevelt

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep JL
I mean, yes, I wouldn't expect everything to line up properly, but I also wouldn't expect to have to bang them like there is no tomorrow for hours.
After a second day of work, I was finally able to make it fit, but it was really extenuating.
IMHO the issue is with shipping, as the brackets were not protected in any way, so they get bent easily. If you want to save $100 and you have have a lot of strength and patience, then sure, go with BAM.

Jeep Wrangler JL Issue installing Mopar Performance Rock Rails mounted
I had the same issue with the bracket as many of you have and I also ordered from BAM. Mine were clearly an originally returned item and then BAM decided to reship them out to me. I would stay away from BAM. I bought from the dealer and I will let everyone know if those work better.

johnbyron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport S
I had the same issue with the bracket as many of you have and I also ordered from BAM. Mine were clearly an originally returned item and then BAM decided to reship them out to me. I would stay away from BAM. I bought from the dealer and I will let everyone know if those work better.
Let us know how it goes. I am really curious to hear if this is a BAM-specific problem or an issue with the parts. Thanks!

BCMgunner

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 on 37” KO2s
I avoided BAM after reading this thread. I ordered the Mopar Performance Rails from Morris4x4. They were able to get within 100$ of BAM. Rails went on easy, without any issues in about 35 minutes.

Of note, the ones from Morris did come in with the box looking like Godzilla attacked it with the rails sticking half out of the box on my door step/yard.
Also of note, I ordered the Mopar extended tire carrier from BAM, went on easy and without issue.

Sponsored

TyRoosevelt

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep JL
I used a discount MOPAR coupon and got from my local dealership. They installed flawlessly.
Ok so I installed the ones I ordered from the dealer and they also went on perfectly.

I am positive that Bam’s rails were originally returned and they resent them out to me. The ones from the dealer were in perfect packaging and in a sealed clear bag whereas the ones from Bam were in the box without any packing material at all.

I would recommend going to your dealer for these rails and using the 15 percent discount.

BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Dr Rubi, '23 JTM
Has anybody had good experience with BAM on these Rails? I ordered these same Rails from them last week, appears that they may be lost in delivery by UPS (status TBD and waiting for response from BAM).

Hope I am not going to get end up with a headache.

johnbyron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport S
Has anybody had good experience with BAM on these Rails? I ordered these same Rails from them last week, appears that they may be lost in delivery by UPS (status TBD and waiting for response from BAM).

Hope I am not going to get end up with a headache.
I had the same issue: UPS didn't update. I reached out to them and they gave me another tracking number that updated. But then I had multiple issues with the rails (see above).

BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Dr Rubi, '23 JTM
I had the same issue: UPS didn't update. I reached out to them and they gave me another tracking number that updated. But then I had multiple issues with the rails (see above).
Thank you.

I am looking forward to see if I ever get these and how they will fit if I do... Wish I had found this thread before ordering. I thought I was getting a deal and now not so sure that is what I will end up with!
Sponsored