Sponsored

Something similar to the Mopar’s Performance Rock Rails?

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired
LOD destroyers without a doubt. I had these on my last jeep. They look great and are very well made:

Jeep Wrangler JL Something similar to the Mopar’s Performance Rock Rails? 1631885738674
Jeep Wrangler JL Something similar to the Mopar’s Performance Rock Rails? 1631885672486
Sponsored

ScottW511

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 392
Check out the Nemesis billy rockers. I have these on my JK and they are tough. You can get a bolt on step for daily use and remove it if needed when offroad. My wife just uses the edge of the rocker as a step. They are also aluminum so not a huge weight gain. https://nem-ind.com/jlu-billy-rocker.html

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
LOD destroyers without a doubt. I had these on my last jeep. They look great and are very well made:

Jeep Wrangler JL Something similar to the Mopar’s Performance Rock Rails? 1631885672486
The steel ones not the aluminum ones correct?

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired
The steel ones not the aluminum ones correct?
Yes the steel ones. They are pricey and the packaging will drive you bonkers (packed full of spray foam for safe travels) but my goodness are they stout. I used a floor jack and wood to install solo. Took about 30 mins per side.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Yes the steel ones. They are pricey and the packaging will drive you bonkers (packed full of spray foam for safe travels) but my goodness are they stout. I used a floor jack and wood to install solo. Took about 30 mins per side.
I’m being a bum. I’m just having everything installed for me. Well I’m doing a couple small things myself but everything else I’m paying a shop to do all at once.

Jeep Wrangler JL Something similar to the Mopar’s Performance Rock Rails? D11B92F8-289D-434A-9948-E96521D202F2

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Funny I am seriously considering the LOD Destroyers now. Also since they are about $1100 I’m also looking at the Rock Slide Engineering Gen III. I love the drop down step but not sure they can take the same damage.

OllieChristopher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC 2WD Sierra, 4.3, NV3500, 3:73/TruTrac
Holy crud what a build!! I will tell you with 100% certainty you are going to love the BD Squadron Pros!! I have them both on my dual sport and Super Tenere. They light up the night!! Make sure you get the snap on amber covers so you can run them in daylight and be very noticeable.

BTW Josiah, if you are planning to wheel up Gold Mountain, Holcomb Creek or John Bull, I would highly recommend something like Rusty's Sliders. All those other choices will bet ruined on those trails. Just look at my Avatar. That is one of the milder sections of Gold Mountain trail. Gold Mountain is also one of the easier "beginner rocky 2 track" in big Bear.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Funny I am seriously considering the LOD Destroyers now. Also since they are about $1100 I’m also looking at the Rock Slide Engineering Gen III. I love the drop down step but not sure they can take the same damage.
Northridge has them much cheaper, but out of stock. im looking at them and just wait them out

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Holy crud what a build!! I will tell you with 100% certainty you are going to love the BD Squadron Pros!! I have them both on my dual sport and Super Tenere. They light up the night!! Make sure you get the snap on amber covers so you can run them in daylight and be very noticeable.

BTW Josiah, if you are planning to wheel up Gold Mountain, Holcomb Creek or John Bull, I would highly recommend something like Rusty's Sliders. All those other choices will bet ruined on those trails. Just look at my Avatar. That is one of the milder sections of Gold Mountain trail. Gold Mountain is also one of the easier "beginner rocky 2 track" in big Bear.
Yeah I’m really excited to get everything installed. I’m doing a few small things myself but the big stuff I’m getting installed by a local 4 x 4 shop in the next two weeks.

I have taken a look at those trails extensively inside of the apps and YouTube videos. I will definitely work my way up there but I don’t think I will be doing John Bull anytime soon. It is definitely on my long list to accomplish at some point.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Northridge has them much cheaper, but out of stock. im looking at them and just wait them out
I know quadratec says they’re in stock but won’t ship till the 29th and that’s the week I’m having the shop do my installation. I’m trying to find somewhere that has them in stock and can get to the shop by at least September 30th.

Sponsored

OllieChristopher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I’m really excited to get everything installed. I’m doing a few small things myself but the big stuff I’m getting installed by a local 4 x 4 shop in the next two weeks.

I have taken a look at those trails extensively inside of the apps and YouTube videos. I will definitely work my way up there but I don’t think I will be doing John Bull anytime soon. It is definitely on my long list to accomplish at some point.
I had to turn around at both ends of John Bull on my dirt bike because a beginner rider refused to follow me. It is not for the faint of heart. My plan if I decide on the Jeep is the Rubicon 2 door and roll on 35" tires with a 2" lift max.

To get you ready take Burns Canyon and Cactus Flats to Pioneer Town. Also notable are all the 2 mellow track around Kennedy Meadows. No need to get heavy into rock crawling to have a bunch of fun. Also Mohave Trail, and Mohave National Preserve.

And just as a reminder that videos do no justice to those trails. I'm fortunate enough to have been able to "pre run" most of all the super hard core 2 track here in SoCal. Some of them I could not imagine to beat up a Jeep on.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
I had to turn around at both ends of John Bull on my dirt bike because a beginner rider refused to follow me. It is not for the faint of heart. My plan if I decide on the Jeep is the Rubicon 2 door and roll on 35" tires with a 2" lift max.

To get you ready take Burns Canyon and Cactus Flats to Pioneer Town. Also notable are all the 2 mellow track around Kennedy Meadows. No need to get heavy into rock crawling to have a bunch of fun. Also Mohave Trail, and Mohave National Preserve.

And just as a reminder that videos do no justice to those trails. I'm fortunate enough to have been able to "pre run" most of all the super hard core 2 track here in SoCal. Some of them I could not imagine to beat up a Jeep on.
Thanks for the tip my friend. There’s no doubt about it. Photos do no justice for how a trail or a particular slope actually looks. I snapped a few photos out in Arizona last week and some of the hills look tiny in the photos but seemed much steeper when driving them.

EB8A9632-D91E-4102-ACE2-41A26B60F3F3.jpeg

973471F1-9A4C-465A-ADB1-3AC55D110783.jpeg

22B949D3-274B-4782-A3F2-5715582DD206.jpeg

669FE327-A78C-4A2A-A9F0-E90303B4BBE7.jpeg

OllieChristopher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
While I'm not a 4 door fan that is a very nice rig. Looks like you are having it done right. And boy the horsepower!!

BTW, I know a little something about the 392. My uncle had a blown Aquacraft flat bottom with the 1959 version!!

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
While I'm not a 4 door fan that is a very nice rig. Looks like you are having it done right. And boy the horsepower!!

BTW, I know a little something about the 392. My uncle had a blown Aquacraft flat bottom with the 1959 version!!
Yes sir as much as I’m going to wash it every week and get a detail every month because I like it to look pristine on the road, I didn’t buy this Jeep to be a pavement princess. Even if it looks like one during the week, I’m fine with that and I don’t care about my ”off road appearance“ to others. It’s going to see lots of trails throughout the weekends and a ton of camping with our new turtle back trailer that’s almost finished.

Its a great engine I’m almost at 600 miles. I’m averaging about 12 miles per gallon but that’s because I keep pushing down on that pedal. My foot seems heavier than ever before. That’s pretty cool about the aqua craft.

Rockstar08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Yes sir as much as I’m going to wash it every week and get a detail every month because I like it to look pristine on the road, I didn’t buy this Jeep to be a pavement princess. Even if it looks like one during the week, I’m fine with that and I don’t care about my ”off road appearance“ to others. It’s going to see lots of trails throughout the weekends and a ton of camping with our new turtle back trailer that’s almost finished.

Its a great engine I’m almost at 600 miles. I’m averaging about 12 miles per gallon but that’s because I keep pushing down on that pedal. My foot seems heavier than ever before. That’s pretty cool about the aqua craft.
What kind of gas mileage did you get on the freeway on your way back home from Arizona? Of course if you were hauling azz it’s probably not much either lol
Sponsored