First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.phillipspohnphotography.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JL Sport S 2dr
I haven't taken out my backseat yet, I've mainly kept it for my young nieces/nephews.

I was giving a lot of thought to the Diabolical security cover, or something equivalent, especially since I have the soft top. But I started to think about it. If someone breaks into the Jeep, and hits the unlock button on a door, either door, the trunk would then be unlocked. Stuff would be out of view, but is a button away from being accessed. Maybe I am wrong on the way the Jeeps electronic locks work, and please correct me if I am. It may be better if you don't have power locks. But I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars (and project time) on something that really doesn't provide additional security.
I bought the Diabolical Locker Security Enclosure for my 22 JL. It worried me too so I did some testing. With the proximity key, if you lock it with the fob, you need the fob to unlock it.
I locked the Jeep with the fob, walked away, dropped my keys and walked back to it. The power locks did not work, and the tailgate remained locked. I think it's safe enough for me to leave camera gear in there. I bought the one that installs behind the rear seat. (I need the back seat very rarely but when I do, I do.) I can also fold down and lock my soft top with that model.
https://shop.diabolicalinc.com/coll.../products/locker-security-enclosure-jl-2-door
Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
I bought the Diabolical Locker Security Enclosure for my 22 JL. It worried me too so I did some testing. With the proximity key, if you lock it with the fob, you need the fob to unlock it.
I locked the Jeep with the fob, walked away, dropped my keys and walked back to it. The power locks did not work, and the tailgate remained locked. I think it's safe enough for me to leave camera gear in there. I bought the one that installs behind the rear seat. (I need the back seat very rarely but when I do, I do.) I can also fold down and lock my soft top with that model.
https://shop.diabolicalinc.com/coll.../products/locker-security-enclosure-jl-2-door
Thanks for the feedback.

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
2dr backseat is only fit for small children and other subhumans. Real people CAN fit back there, but getting in and out is an adventure. Far better to pull the seat and it a coupe with a big trunk and plenty of room for your pup😊

Dgr401

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S - Granite Crystal
Occupation
Retired
We leave the rear seat folded up all the time. Living in an apartment doesn’t allow to store the seat, if we had a place to store it the seat would be removed tomorrow.

Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
We leave the rear seat folded up all the time. Living in an apartment doesn’t allow to store the seat, if we had a place to store it the seat would be removed tomorrow.
The Rear Seat would make a great Love Seat in your apartment, use it as Furniture

Jtclayton612

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
My 4dr is now a two seater. Prepping to make a platform in the back since I like to road-trip instead of fly whenever possible.
Sponsored