Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

i was looking at the new Diabolical security cover and noted it requires the second row removed. Made me wonder what percentage took that row out - I removed mine before the engine had cooled down from the first ride home from the dealership.
Sponsored

Ronnie S

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Firecracker Red (2 Door) - 3.6L V6 24V VVT Engine Upg w/ESS - 6-Speed Manual Transmission
i was looking at the new Diabolical security cover and noted it requires the second row removed. Made me wonder what percentage took that row out - I removed mine before the engine had cooled down from the first ride home from the dealership.
I remove mine only when I need to haul something big back there that won’t fit when I just flip the seat up. Like a ms pac-man cocktail arcade machine! Lol! But as soon as I’m done transporting I put the seat back in. I like them there just in case I have a 3rd person that needs to sit.

Lateapex

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1944 MB, 2019 JLS
Clubs

My rear seat is in a Christmas tree storage bag in the garage...may put it back in if seating capacity is needed for a specific trip, but I prefer running with cargo mat and GPCA cargo cover (hardtop on). :like:

Sponsored

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
Also removed the rear seat immediately. In fact, I asked the guy at the dealer if they'd take it. I doubt if the front passenger seat will ever get used, let alone a back seat. I put in the RR cargo mat.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I heard it was a PITA to remove and very heavy, I removed it easily in a couple minutes and not that heavy IMO. Will probably leave it out most of the time, and the dog likes the extra room too!

XLMOJITO, I too am rocking that Harbor freight freebie moving blanket, perfect fit!

df7a0c60-92ff-434f-b4fd-cdb5ec4feb8c-png.png

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
Mine is out, I will probably only reinstall it if I know that I’m taking a trip with more than one passenger.

OP
OP
Kenny

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

Also removed the rear seat immediately. In fact, I asked the guy at the dealer if they'd take it. I doubt if the front passenger seat will ever get used, let alone a back seat. I put in the RR cargo mat.
Ditto - no one will ride with me in the JL because of how I drive ( I am a good driver, I am, I am} -

Sponsored

LowCountry

First Name
allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet Sport
"BIG" jeep should come with a disclaimer like "I have kids, my wife wouldn't let me buy a real Jeep or whatever reason they settled. :bandit:
lol....I got 2 kids and a 2dr....kids are flexible, just fold em up and throw them back there!....the wife has got a minivan if we need more space, I dont want a station wagon or another truck...I wanted a JEEP! :bandit:

FishtownPride

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door
when my old 98' Jeep TJ became only my vehicle and not the family truckster, I permanently removed the seat and only returned it to its spot when I sold it. Our JL backseat stays in the flipped up mode most of the time in case we have to take more than just us two somewhere. I'm looking forward to the day when we can just remove it and have all that room for activities!

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
Ditto - no one will ride with me in the JL because of how I drive ( I am a good driver, I am, I am} -
My wife wont ride with me in any vehicle...she has to drive....her SUV...by her route. Fortunately, I like being a passenger.

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
I heard it was a PITA to remove and very heavy, I removed it easily in a couple minutes and not that heavy IMO. Will probably leave it out most of the time, and the dog likes the extra room too!

XLMOJITO, I too am rocking that Harbor freight freebie moving blanket, perfect fit!

df7a0c60-92ff-434f-b4fd-cdb5ec4feb8c-png.png
I like the moving blanket idea. My dog will love that!
Just ordered 2....one for my 4 door Audi coupe as well....
Sponsored

Last edited: