Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
I'm surprised at how poorly the AC, when in Auto mode, actually cools the interior of my JLR with the tan soft top. With it set on 68 and an outside temp in the high 80's it's warm enough inside for me to sweat. Reading the comments before yours I was thinking that I was the exception. But, maybe most folks just play around with the settings to stay comfortable. I tend to be more of a set it and forget about it type of person.

Later,
Johnny
I'm right there with you. I was very surprised at how poorly it performed also. I noticed it from the beginning, but thought it was just me. Made me think that maybe the Auto temp reader was off or something b/c i could set it to 70 and it never felt like it got down to 70 inside. I, like you, prefer to set it and forget it also and this is the first vehicle that I've not been able to do it.
Sponsored

aeonixx1001

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
I was actually installing my Tazer, OMG I lost 20Lbs and thank the good Lord for Husky matts, My floor would have been soaked. And it takes about 5 minutes to install a Tazer....OMG (of course I had to screw around with it for a while) but at least I turned it on and air conditioned down to about 85 before I continued

Sponsored

OP
OP
BeerMeBruh

BeerMeBruh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
So I just got my hothead headliner delivered today, was looking over the instructions and it's not at all what I was expecting lol. Installation is recommended with the hard top ON (thought for sure I'd have to remove it) and they actually recommend to do it in the heat, appearantly hotter the better as it helps the 3M tape conform to the top better.

They feel pretty solid, the amount of tape that comes with them seems pretty minimal though so I hope it lasts long. Hoping to get them on soon.

Rs4rocks

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M4m40i
Live in Southern California. Have a 2020 White Rubicon with painted top and factory headliner. Have experienced 90-100 degree temps with no problem cooling the interior. Actually impressed on how cool the cabin is. I’d say it’s better then my BMW X4.

ObiMatt87

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU, 2018 Buick Enclave Avenir
Occupation
U.S. Air Force Active Duty (Retired), U.S. Air Force GS Civilian (Current)
So I just got my hothead headliner delivered today, was looking over the instructions and it's not at all what I was expecting lol. Installation is recommended with the hard top ON (thought for sure I'd have to remove it) and they actually recommend to do it in the heat, appearantly hotter the better as it helps the 3M tape conform to the top better.

They feel pretty solid, the amount of tape that comes with them seems pretty minimal though so I hope it lasts long. Hoping to get them on soon.
I've had mine on since April using only the tape that came with them. The sanding is pretty key to ensure all sticks well, but have had zero issues in the heat and cooler temps at the beginning. As long as you sand, clean, and press long enough when installing you should be good to go!

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Let the hot air out first then a/c at full max with recirculation active will cool you down in a few minutes. It's easier to cool the recirculated air then it is to cool down the exterior air
Sponsored