Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
Yes the Off Road screen is still in the cluster and works as expected. The Cluster will sync up with the equipment on your Jeep with the noted exception of the mileage. When I first plugged mine in the splash screen was the Rubicon graphic and I scrolled through the gauges and it had the transmission temp gauge (my Jeep is a six speed). The second time I turned it on it switched to the Sport splash and no longer had the automatic trans displays.

A very nice upgrade that gives the dash a premium look.
Gregj
I think that would be the only motivating factor for me to do the swap - I actually like the analog fuel and temp gauges LOL. Thanks for the reply and info!
Sponsored

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Rubicon axles
If anybody corrected the millage on a new cluster what service did you use?

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
About $110. Quick turnaround too.
Gregj

Sponsored

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is strange, I heard ~$100 from others too, but when I asked for a quote from them, they replied with $200 quote.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
I had mine done about a year ago, so they may have raised the price.
Gregj

singledaddio

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU, 1990 Dodge Dakota
So the upgraded cluster will track your pitch and roll angles without any additional sensors?

singledaddio

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU, 1990 Dodge Dakota
So the upgraded cluster will track your pitch and roll angles without any additional sensors
Yes, it has that page in the cluster and will also show the steering angle.
Gregj
I knew it had the page on it, wasn't clear that it was equipped to actually use that function. I'm not very tech savvy, but I might try this. Thanks!

Sponsored

lzaffuto

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2 door Sport S Sarge Green
I'd like to do this, but I think I'm going to wait a bit longer to see if an aftermarket all digital cluster gets released like what is available for the JK. Dealing with the odometer seems like a pain, and I definitely don't want any flags coming up in a carfax on my VIN or anything.

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd like to do this, but I think I'm going to wait a bit longer to see if an aftermarket all digital cluster gets released like what is available for the JK. Dealing with the odometer seems like a pain, and I definitely don't want any flags coming up in a carfax on my VIN or anything.
Its less than $100 to reprogram, so no red flags :)

Aburley8

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Found a basically new (19 miles) Rubicon instrument cluster on eBay for $100, only issue it was a KPH cluster. I realized that all of the digitals in the cluster (Speed & Odometer) could be swapped US/Metric via Settings in U-Connect menu.

Found the following video, which is for new US Speedo Tach/Speedo dials

After watching it I realized I could either A) Buy new replacement dials, or B) swap my current dials into the KPH speedo cluster.

Long Story short, rolled the dice and so far, a winner.

ISSUES:

*JL Sport 3.5 Cluster Tach dial and Rubicon 7” Tach dial are shaped differently and the JL Sport doesn’t have the Tach bezel. Decided to keep eBay Tach dial and swap the Speedo dial which was an “issue” bc of below.

*The Original Cluster markings were Orange, the eBay cluster markings are Red. Not sure if this is the case in all MPH vs KPH or Sport vs Rubicon clusters but I am OCD and do not find it that noticeable when lit, nor a dealbreaker for me.

*Odometer reading - have already made an appointment with a local shop to reprogram to match actual mileage**

**For any & all trolls whose initial thought is “that’s ILLEGAL”, I’ll mention briefly that a) I practice law & understand the law(s) in Arizona surrounding this mod. B) I am not making this mod, with any intention to lower or ”roll back” the actual miles on my Jeep, and have made arrangements for the odometer mileage to be corrected. The only reason I mention the eBay Cluster as being “basically new” was to reference the condition.

99EC4121-14A8-4FA5-9F55-E9F06926D9ED.jpeg

F591C3FA-37FC-4A55-922C-DAC2B8D7B628.jpeg

6344117C-E5B9-4672-BDAC-20F89D9EEB3D.jpeg

ATTACH=full]217176[/ATTACH]

AA0A7A56-4365-4C16-A9C9-AD3943522DCD.jpeg

so I have a question, I just purchased a 22 Willy’s and I have that base cluster, can I order one from the dealership, the all digital one? And it will work? I went to a dealership today and the lady in parts didn’t even bother to look on the computer

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes. It will work, at least it worked for mine and many others. Dealer or some other service will need to put correct miles for the odometer.

Aburley8

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Yes. It will work, at least it worked for mine and many others. Dealer or some other service will need to put correct miles for the odometer.
Awesome! Thanks a lot!
Sponsored