Installed Cold Case Radiator

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
I installed the Cold Case radiator (part number MOJ996) on Sunday. I have a 2019 JLUR 3.6 with 6-speed MT, so no tranny cooler. I also replace the 3 large coolant hoses, the thermostat, the water pump and all 4 isolators. I did not have any leaks from the stock radiator and replaced the water pump since I was doing everything else. The Cold Case fit perfectly and the A/C condenser mounting holes lined up perfectly. I had to buy M6x1.0 flange head bolts at Ace Hardware to attach the A/C condenser, the A/C line block on the side and to mount the fan housing to the radiator. The hardest part of it all was getting the new style hose clamps to pass the ramp feature that keeps them open to aid installation. Notice the coolant temps run cooler, but the real test is this Wednesday when we pull our trailer to Moab for the Jeep Jamboree. We live in Southern Arizona so we will gain 5000+ feet in elevation with consistent grades of 4-7% to Flagstaff. I will provide a follow up after the trip as to my findings compared to the stock configuration. Please note I previously installed the Gladiator grill inserts to allow improved airflow to the condenser and radiator.

IMG_2456.png

IMG_2463.png

IMG_2457.png

IMG_2459.png

IMG_2460.png
Sponsored

TKL223/3

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
It’s definitely sucks that they don’t include hardware. How long ago did you receive your radiator? The reason I ask is I’m waiting for my 3rd replacement cold case. That was almost 9 weeks ago and was told I would be one of the first to get one out of their next batch.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
I love to see this and know the aftermarket has us covered.. all I ever asked for.

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
It’s definitely sucks that they don’t include hardware. How long ago did you receive your radiator? The reason I ask is I’m waiting for my 3rd replacement cold case. That was almost 9 weeks ago and was told I would be one of the first to get one out of their next batch.
3 radiators? That's not the sign of a quality aftermarket part. What's the reason for having to replace them?

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I haven't replaced 3 radiators in my lifetime.
What's going on there?

Sponsored

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Where does it say he replaced 3 rads? He said the hoses.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OH not the original poster.. I see lol 'waiting' on his 3rd for TKL223

That does sound odd.

TKL223/3

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
3 radiators? That's not the sign of a quality aftermarket part. What's the reason for having to replace them?
My first two radiators had leaks from some of the welds on the driver side.

Sponsored

OP
OP
_olllllllo_

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
I will monitor my cold case radiator for leaks.

azjl#3

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sarge Green JLR
Not sure of any if little advantage to doing all this for an aluminum rad. OEM rad works well as proven by my PHX to the rim drive every week for last three years, loaded with up to 3500lbs of trailer, in 115f, with ice cold air on full blast. Both in JL and JLU.

Old Dogger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKR, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Retired High level Management.
In our Family, a CJ, TJ, three JK’s and A JL. Never had a radiator leak. I will stay with OEM.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
In our Family, a CJ, TJ, three JK’s and A JL. Never had a radiator leak. I will stay with OEM.
anecdotal. JK’s are so commonly failing that they completely ran out of stock in all major brands in the past 2 years.
Sponsored