Sponsored

Initial Impressions: Sky One-Touch Power Top

KSpider

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi E-tron (x2) ’21, Rubicon 4xe Nacho (on order)
Best decision I’ve made in 2020. The sky top and openness feel without the hassle gets my son excited about going anywhere, even to daycare.

DBA318B9-0A05-4390-ADA1-68F56795C0F4.jpeg

Those of you with the one touch, when you are driving with doors off and side rear windows off, do you notice any issues with the back window being on? Seems like it may be odd aerodynamically.
Sponsored

scottijohn63

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Corvette Z06 Convertible
Those of you with the one touch, when you are driving with doors off and side rear windows off, do you notice any issues with the back window being on? Seems like it may be odd aerodynamically.
I haven't noticed any issues with the back window. The airflow seems fine through the jeep!

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
The only problem is if you do highway speeds and have very light stuff in the cargo area there seems to be a slight vortex that can fly your stuff out onto the highway. We lost a bunch of those reusable shopping bags once before. I never had that problem with my old JK and the soft top.
i keep a pack of those colored straps in the holding area below the cargo.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
No issue. I have been using my half-doors when it was cooler. Great airflow.

Panels off with Half-doors 3.jpg

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Just leave the rear window open. Unless you're landing from 10ft of air, the rear window will be fine while opened and topless.

Sponsored

KSpider

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I noticed today that the V8 promo images show the one touch top with the tailgate window removed.

KSpider

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The half doors / frameless doors are nice too

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
The half doors / frameless doors are nice too
All I see with doors off or 1/2 doors on a skytop rig is a commander half way down the production line. Looks straight up bizarre to me. But to each their own. Thankfully jeep gives us options.

Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
All I see with doors off or 1/2 doors on a skytop rig is a commander half way down the production line. Looks straight up bizarre to me. But to each their own. Thankfully jeep gives us options.
I’ll give you that a lowered soft top does look better than an open Sky One but I’m sure others will agree, the convenience way outweighs the looks. You have to cover up if there’s threatening storm clouds. We can wait for the first drops.
You have to stop if it gets cool, we don’t miss a beat.
Most have to hook up winches or lifts and swap tops every 6 months, we hit a button all year.
I’ll post my old JK and my current JL, the body colored cross bar on the JL is not as appealing as the roll bar but once again I’ll take the One Touch every time.

4107E0DF-C1E6-41D5-AF88-BF66E26761B7.jpeg

EBAC0514-AC83-4960-B5BD-B72232FD6A16.jpeg

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Like others have said, it seems to make weird airflow in the cab at highway speeds that causes lightweight items to fly away. But it's not noticeable as far as the handling goes. And I generally just open the back window anyway, It's plenty sturdy.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Like others have said, it seems to make weird airflow in the cab at highway speeds that causes lightweight items to fly away. But it's not noticeable as far as the handling goes. And I generally just open the back window anyway, It's plenty sturdy.
Well, I like my Sky One Top but I have really gotten to like the Hardtop openness that I don't have with my Jeep. This is why my wife is going to take my Jeep and I am getting myself a 2021 Rubicon Hardtop.

Anyway, can't keep the little misses out of my Jeep. :swear:

Don't want to add any Mod's until I have Rubicon anyway.

Lake 5.jpg

Kenc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM TRX, 2020 C8 Corvette, and a Wrangler 392
Occupation
Boat Builder
I’ll give you that a lowered soft top does look better than an open Sky One but I’m sure others will agree, the convenience way outweighs the looks. You have to cover up if there’s threatening storm clouds. We can wait for the first drops.
You have to stop if it gets cool, we don’t miss a beat.
Most have to hook up winches or lifts and swap tops every 6 months, we hit a button all year.
I’ll post my old JK and my current JL, the body colored cross bar on the JL is not as appealing as the roll bar but once again I’ll take the One Touch every time.

Jeep Wrangler JL Initial Impressions: Sky One-Touch Power Top Lake 5

Jeep Wrangler JL Initial Impressions: Sky One-Touch Power Top Lake 5
PREACH!
Sponsored