*IMPORTANT* Ordering Information Nov. 2019

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
I've got 3 dealers telling me they can make an order and 2 telling me they can't......

Orders for which? Dealer stock or a sold order?

2 of the quotes say Sold Order. 1 doesn't specify. And then the other 2 dealers tell me they "can't build it in the system".

Neither my wife nor I have ordered a vehicle before, so it's all new to us.

It still blows my mind that the explanations differ from each dealership on orders but from what I hear, there are real differences in restrictions between dealers even in close proximity.

When I was shopping dealers I had two with issues adding the tube step, one of which said they were forced to add the all weather mats. Meanwhile 6+ other dealers had no issues with placing my exact order. :facepalm:
*6 hour drive with dealer financing 6.5% below FWP (I have no desire to be on the hook for a terrible interest rate)
*4 hour drive with my own financing 6% below FWP but higher tax rate in a different county. These people still haven't sent an actual quote yet either for some reason.
*Local dealer 15 minutes away 3% below FWP but all of a sudden he is telling us he can't make the order until Friday or Monday because the "chrysler system is down/closed"?
*Other local dealer still tells me they can't make an order for a diesel at all?
*Dave Smith doesn't really seem to want to deal FWP minus 500 bucks or so.

We were all set to order from the local dealer and not worry about getting the best deal for the convenience of it. But now I kinda think this guy might be jerking us around. Isn't it all automated? He is just pressing buttons and sending something through the computer correct? His title is sales desk manager, but I am wondering if he is pretty much just a regular old salesman, and that is why he can't get the Jeep ordered for another 5 days or so?

Am I overthinking it or what? Does it sound right that he can take our deposit, but he can't get the order going for possibly near a week?
Sponsored

RubiJR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and 1992 Suzuki Sidekick
*6 hour drive with dealer financing 6.5% below FWP (I have no desire to be on the hook for a terrible interest rate)
*4 hour drive with my own financing 6% below FWP but higher tax rate in a different county. These people still haven't sent an actual quote yet either for some reason.
*Local dealer 15 minutes away 3% below FWP but all of a sudden he is telling us he can't make the order until Friday or Monday because the "chrysler system is down/closed"?
*Other local dealer still tells me they can't make an order for a diesel at all?
*Dave Smith doesn't really seem to want to deal FWP minus 500 bucks or so.

We were all set to order from the local dealer and not worry about getting the best deal for the convenience of it. But now I kinda think this guy might be jerking us around. Isn't it all automated? He is just pressing buttons and sending something through the computer correct? His title is sales desk manager, but I am wondering if he is pretty much just a regular old salesman, and that is why he can't get the Jeep ordered for another 5 days or so?

Am I overthinking it or what? Does it sound right that he can take our deposit, but he can't get the order going for possibly near a week?

I wouldn't give any money until the order can be placed. You are correct it is all computer ordering so not sure why the delay unless they think you are going to change your mind. I feel for you as I just went through some of that and most didn't seem to want my sale. Good Luck and Patience is a virtue

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Ahh this reminds me of a dealer where I talked to a salesperson via email and their manager because I called about a different matter a few days later. Simultaneously, the salesperson was telling me that they had to wait for an allocation and could order in a few weeks, while the manager was ready to order for me right away. Of course both went with the "Why don't you come on in?!" attitude. The one where they take you to a back room, suggest that your requests are unreasonable, and then offer to sell you a 2018 Sport for MSRP. :)

AndyJL

First Name
AndyJL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl
So got my vin # today looks like they will start building it. Ordered a JLU rubicon on nov 12, and they getting to it now.

jeepauug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL MOAB - STING GREY
Any idea how late into the year you can still get your order delivered? I ordered Nov 18 - it's built and in JB (14 days so far) ? Do they shut down for the two week holiday?

Last edited:

Sponsored

terrytnt

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB and BMW
Looking to upgrade my JL 2018 Sport 2-door to a 2020 Rubicon. I live in PA but have heard great things about Leon Travis at Criswell Jeep (Scientic_Explorer). Can anyone provide what I should consider a reasonable discount below invoice for my order?

Many thanks guys...

Melny67

First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jlu
Looking to upgrade my JL 2018 Sport 2-door to a 2020 Rubicon. I live in PA but have heard great things about Leon Travis at Criswell Jeep (Scientic_Explorer). Can anyone provide what I should consider a reasonable discount below invoice for my order? 8% with tread lightly

Many thanks guys...

todds89

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara, 1989 Ford Mustang 5.0 Supercharged
Looking to upgrade my JL 2018 Sport 2-door to a 2020 Rubicon. I live in PA but have heard great things about Leon Travis at Criswell Jeep (Scientic_Explorer). Can anyone provide what I should consider a reasonable discount below invoice for my order?

Many thanks guys...
It will be 7% below invoice, add another 1% for Tread Lightly or some other affiliate reward. I just picked up my Sahara from Leon on 1/6 and got 8% due to working for an FCA Affiliate. Highly recommended - no BS. Call or email Leon!

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
If a Trade is part of the deal, how does that alter the % off Invoice ? If the Dealer gives 7% off Invoice, plus KBB on trade, that's good !
Sponsored