MVP Lifetime Max Care Warranty no longer offered after November 30, 2018

zyt

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata
I was on the fence when Mopar Lifetime warranty was still available, but now I am regretting not getting it. I have been keeping my eyes on all those warranty marketing emails from Mopar, and just saw one yesterday for the end of year sale. Wondering if this could be a good alternative:

$1,515 for: 7 year 75,000 miles, $100 deductible, Mopar Max Care with Money Back Guarantee- if you never had a claim, there will be a full refund. You must submit a form within 90 days after reaching the year/miles. 1 time transferable (but new owner is not entitled for money back), full refund when there is a total loss (assuming no claim yet). Coverage detail is the same as other Mopar warranties which it covers everything except for rubbers, glass, brake, clutch, body panels and etc.

I really like this one, but wonder if there is anything better out there. Please let me know what you think.
Advertisement

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Rubicon Mojito!
I was on the fence when Mopar Lifetime warranty was still available, but now I am regretting not getting it. I have been keeping my eyes on all those warranty marketing emails from Mopar, and just saw one yesterday for the end of year sale. Wondering if this could be a good alternative:

$1,515 for: 7 year 75,000 miles, $100 deductible, Mopar Max Care with Money Back Guarantee- if you never had a claim, there will be a full refund. You must submit a form within 90 days after reaching the year/miles. 1 time transferable (but new owner is not entitled for money back), full refund when there is a total loss (assuming no claim yet). Coverage detail is the same as other Mopar warranties which it covers everything except for rubbers, glass, brake, clutch, body panels and etc.

I really like this one, but wonder if there is anything better out there. Please let me know what you think.
Doesn’t sound bad especially since you get a refund if unused.

Hyper

First Name
Anthony
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 hypergreen wrangler

I researched that also the only thing I didn't like was that you have to reach age and mileage before you can request refund. So if you decide to trade in at year 6 cause your at 80k miles you won't get a refund.

Jeepsterfreak

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU

Money Back Guarantee. This is funny. I guess FCA is so confident that you will use it before it expires, they won’t have to give you a refund!

Jeepsterfreak

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
I researched that also the only thing I didn't like was that you have to reach age and mileage before you can request refund. So if you decide to trade in at year 6 cause your at 80k miles you won't get a refund.
Can’t you usually cancel an extended warranty for a prorated amount? Obviously you won’t get the full refund as advertised.

Akbill

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR
Does the expiration use “ which ever comes first “ ( years versus miles ), but refund requires both ??

Hyper

First Name
Anthony
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 hypergreen wrangler
Does the expiration use “ which ever comes first “ ( years versus miles ), but refund requires both ??
I think you must meet age regardless of mileage. So at 7 years 50k miles your warranty is over so you could request refund.

Hyper

First Name
Anthony
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 hypergreen wrangler
Can’t you usually cancel an extended warranty for a prorated amount? Obviously you won’t get the full refund as advertised.
I think you do but my point was if you don't meet the age you won't get full refund.

zyt

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata
I think you do but my point was if you don't meet the age you won't get full refund.
This is correct, you must reach years for refund. However, when purchasing this warranty, you can select other miles such as 7 yr 100k miles, but I'm sure it is more expensive.

So for the price and coverage, is it a decent one post lifetime?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 08 JKUR, 15 Ford Transit 350, 04 WJ 4.7, 17 Renegade, 99 Merc E430 S
Vehicle Showcase

Can you copy or scan and post this email? This smells of a dealer doing this rather than an FCA program. Also, is the warranty added to the standard warranty? I am pretty sure the standard warranty is 3/36 bumper to bumper and 5/60 powertrain. So for 1500 you'd only be extending for 2 years and 25k miles, at least for powertrain. If it covers everything, that would be a little better.

Honestly, you'd put yourself into a delemma anytime something goes wrong. Let's say you have an alternator go bad at 65k miles. If you choose to pay the 100 deductible and get it fixed, it really just cost you 1600 bucks. OR, you decide to pay it out of pocket and it costs you $500, because you want to get the 1500 back later, making a net loss of 1000. That's risky because next, you get a valve cover gasket leak. What do you do? Who needs that stress?

This is really the angle, and that's why it smells to me like a dealership scheme. They'll be making their money on the 300 to 500 dollar repair that let's them keep the 1500.

That's a headache, unless you decide to look at it as an insurance policy against something big, like a major engine or transmission issue/repair. I'd almost think about putting $1600 into an investment fund for 7 years. If you have a repair, cash out the amount needed. If you don't use it all or use none of it, at 7 years, look at what you have and it will probably be worth about 2000 bucks and you walk away with 2000 instead of 1500. I'm not even factoring the taxes, which you probably would not get refunded.

I guess another big issue for me would be that it only goes to 75k miles. If it went to 100k, that would make more sense, but at what cost? The money back thing really complicates the peace of mind part. It seems it would be less stress to not have the money back deal hanging out there. I know that sounds odd, but the whole point of an extended warranty is peace of mind. This makes it a war in your mind on a lesser repair, unless you have the mental discipline to just say "Screw it" and use it when needed, and not worry about the 1500 back.

The more I think about this, the more it sounds like a dealer scheme. Schemers be schemin'.

Hyper

First Name
Anthony
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 hypergreen wrangler
Can you copy or scan and post this email? This smells of a dealer doing this rather than an FCA program. Also, is the warranty added to the standard warranty? I am pretty sure the standard warranty is 3/36 bumper to bumper and 5/60 powertrain. So for 1500 you'd only be extending for 2 years and 25k miles, at least for powertrain. If it covers everything, that would be a little better.

Honestly, you'd put yourself into a delemma anytime something goes wrong. Let's say you have an alternator go bad at 65k miles. If you choose to pay the 100 deductible and get it fixed, it really just cost you 1600 bucks. OR, you decide to pay it out of pocket and it costs you $500, because you want to get the 1500 back later, making a net loss of 1000. That's risky because next, you get a valve cover gasket leak. What do you do? Who needs that stress?

This is really the angle, and that's why it smells to me like a dealership scheme. They'll be making their money on the 300 to 500 dollar repair that let's them keep the 1500.

That's a headache, unless you decide to look at it as an insurance policy against something big, like a major engine or transmission issue/repair. I'd almost think about putting $1600 into an investment fund for 7 years. If you have a repair, cash out the amount needed. If you don't use it all or use none of it, at 7 years, look at what you have and it will probably be worth about 2000 bucks and you walk away with 2000 instead of 1500. I'm not even factoring the taxes, which you probably would not get refunded.

I guess another big issue for me would be that it only goes to 75k miles. If it went to 100k, that would make more sense, but at what cost? The money back thing really complicates the peace of mind part. It seems it would be less stress to not have the money back deal hanging out there. I know that sounds odd, but the whole point of an extended warranty is peace of mind. This makes it a war in your mind on a lesser repair, unless you have the mental discipline to just say "Screw it" and use it when needed, and not worry about the 1500 back.

The more I think about this, the more it sounds like a dealer scheme. Schemers be schemin'.
Lots of valid points.
It is a FCA warranty. They are hoping you dont keep it long enough or you put a claim in. The same warranty is available for a few hundred less if you don't get "full refund option"
You can also get $200 deductible and I believe up to 8 years (from purchase date) or 125k miles,

DanW

First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 08 JKUR, 15 Ford Transit 350, 04 WJ 4.7, 17 Renegade, 99 Merc E430 S
Vehicle Showcase
Lots of valid points.
It is a FCA warranty. They are hoping you dont keep it long enough or you put a claim in. The same warranty is available for a few hundred less if you don't get "full refund option"
You can also get $200 deductible and I believe up to 8 years (from purchase date) or 125k miles,
125k makes more sense. They are also hoping you pay the $100 or $200 for a $400 repair and that's the only problem.

Again, I'd probably do the 125k and then use it if necessary, looking at the refund as just a bonus if fortunate enough not to have an issue. Many of these things will make it to 125k, after the initial warranty, without a $200 repair.

Is it comprehensive, or powertrain only?

Advertisement

Smart Stop Start

Advertisement