2019 ordering JLUR Jersey

Dansjeep

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Well went to order my jeep as I mentioned in another post but had to walk out (good terms) considering everyone around here seems to get around 5% off invoice.

I was MSRP at $53445 and invoice at $50,344

The dealership I was at was saying they go $500 above invoice ($50,844), so I said i'll have to think about this and told them I would get back to them. Called around other dealerships via phone and all of them said they stay at invoice. Is this just around me in south jersey or is this is new normal with 2019 wranglers.

I did not push or negotiate price yet wanted to come on here and make sure this is NOT the norm before I go in trying to get something that is not happening anymore.

If anyone knows of dealers around here in the NJ,PA, etc area let me know so I can give them a call its worth the drive to save a couple thousand.

Thank you!
Sponsored

DarinFred

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (in D1 status)
I got 7.25% below invoice from Marco Brown at Ourisman in Clarksville, Maryland. Text him at (571) 338-3345.

Cheff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Crystal Metallic JL Moab
Suresky in Goshen, NY. I’m in northern NJ and it was a 1 hour drive. 5% under invoice and $75 doc fee. Easiest car buying experience I ever had.

Mike Knight is a pro. [email protected]

Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Well went to order my jeep as I mentioned in another post but had to walk out (good terms) considering everyone around here seems to get around 5% off invoice.

The dealership I was at was saying they go $500 above invoice ($50,844), so I said i'll have to think about this and told them I would get back to them. Called around other dealerships via phone and all of them said they stay at invoice. Is this just around me in south jersey or is this is new normal with 2019 wranglers.

I did not push or negotiate price yet wanted to come on here and make sure this is NOT the norm before I go in trying to get something that is not happening anymore.

If anyone knows of dealers around here in the NJ,PA, etc area let me know so I can give them a call its worth the drive to save a couple thousand.

Thank you!
5% below invoice is not the norm but the exception. Very few dealerships will do this. The best deals in the country tend to be in the 5-6% below range. Most dealerships will not touch these prices. You can either use the dealer pricing list or search for one that will match it.

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Mine was pre owned, but I bought at the end of the year. You may have missed the window for some of the better deals. End of the month, end of the quarter, end of the year are always the best times to deal. Invoice is just one factor to the dealer. Mfg givebacks are hard to predict.

You’re also trying to buy one of the hottest vehicles in the market, so that’s not helping you.

Cheff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Crystal Metallic JL Moab
Mine was pre owned, but I bought at the end of the year. You may have missed the window for some of the better deals. End of the month, end of the quarter, end of the year are always the best times to deal. Invoice is just one factor to the dealer. Mfg givebacks are hard to predict.

You’re also trying to buy one of the hottest vehicles in the market, so that’s not helping you.
With all due respect to this comment and some of those above, there are many dealers that will do 5% (or more) below invoice and most of these dealers make the process super easy. I have no connection to Suresky other than being a satisfied customer. The original poster can’t be more than 2 hours from Suresky. Mike Knight will do 5% below invoice without any back and forth and at a $75 doc fee (much lower than the VA and MD dealers). It’s not a “unicorn” deal. Email him and you will get 5% under invoice.

Sponsored

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
With all due respect to this comment and some of those above, there are many dealers that will do 5% (or more) below invoice and most of these dealers make the process super easy. I have no connection to Suresky other than being a satisfied customer. The original poster can’t be more than 2 hours from Suresky. Mike Knight will do 5% below invoice without any back and forth and at a $75 doc fee (much lower than the VA and MD dealers). It’s not a “unicorn” deal. Email him and you will get 5% under invoice.
We’re probably talking past each other. “Invoice@ and “below invoice” are not the sole measure of how good a deal you get. Dealers pay a nominal invoice price, but they also get incentives from the manufacturers, usually based on how many vehicles they sell during a particular period. That reduces what the dealer actually pays for a car. Additionally, dealers have to contend with minimizing their stock for a while hast of reasons (cost of inventory, paying for off site storage, whatever). So you may pay 5% below invoice, but that does not mean you’re getting the lowest price possible. This below invoice deal is as old as I can remember.

Since I got a “family discount” being my son worked at the dealer I bought the Jeep at, I supposedly got my Rubicon for $500 over the value the dealer had the title for (per owned). Was it a great deal? Who knows. They also gave me almost $2000 over average wholesale for my CRV in trade. I think I got a good deal, but I’ll never know.

I think a dealer has to make at least $1000 per car ( on average for all they sell) to cover all their costs and make a profit. Everything over that is gravy. If you’ve gone to several dealers and can’t get some sort of below invoice deal, walk away and come back at the end of the next month. Eventually you’ll get a deal you’ll feel comfortable with.

I was at a disadvantage when I bought my Rubi. It was the color I wanted and had 90% of the features I wanted. I was sitting down signing papers on it when a guy who had been looking at it earlier came in and said he wanted to buy it and the salesman told him it was gone. He was pissed.

sfadchi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Bright White JLUR
Occupation
Corporate Recruiter

Thank you!
Call Rob Kantor at Global Auto Mall and tell him Chris sent you. They are in North Plainfield, NJ. Rob's cell is ‭(845) 866-6606‬, and his email is [email protected].

OP
OP
Dansjeep

Dansjeep

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
thank you all for your info ill try a couple of the dealers today and tomorrow to see if I could get a better deal

nypharm

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD PRO

sfadchi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Bright White JLUR
Occupation
Corporate Recruiter
How much off invoice ?
3% but will give you a number on your trade upfront if you have one, and they are awesome to deal with. Could I have saved another $800 or so dollars sure, but dealing with Rob was easy and they were right in my back yard.
Sponsored