*IMPORTANT* Ordering Information Nov. 2019

agarber5687

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Sport Altitude, '18 Chrysler Pacifica
What did you order? I'm holding out for Sarge Green, but my build sheet is completed.
Ordered a red Sport Altitude Unlimited auto trans, 3.6L, with dual top, technology, alpine, cold/conv, LED, tow, and safety groups. Also added the black tube step due to the wife’s request.
Sponsored

ChimpanZed

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon
Wow, the mandatory Safety Group on Rubicons is a bummer. I’m glad I got my 2020 before that requirement. While I got everything else that’s now mandated, the Safety Group’s parking assist is something I specifically didn’t want as I plan to go with aftermarket bumpers eventually.

agarber5687

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow, the mandatory Safety Group on Rubicons is a bummer. I’m glad I got my 2020 before that requirement. While I got everything else that’s now mandated, the Safety Group’s parking assist is something I specifically didn’t want as I plan to go with aftermarket bumpers eventually.
I have seen some aftermarket bumpers including places for the sensors.

I needed to add it anyways out of the concern that I would hit something after being conditioned from 5+ years of having the car beep at meet when backing up. Also still having our other car with the sensors could continue to make it frustrating. Could have done without the added blind spot light as I just can’t not look at my blind spot when changing lanes.

OP
OP
Scientific_Explorer
First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Yeah it’s unfortunate that they decided that was one of the mandatory packages for that reason. Was pretty frustrated they did that and that I missed the cut-off for the change by about a week but wasn’t going to let that be the reason for not getting a rubicon.

Sponsored

RubiJR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and 1992 Suzuki Sidekick
Has anyone ordered lately or confirm no ordering until January. What is a $1500 bump for those options (Maybe Mandatory)

KIVO

First Name
Kid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLR 2.0
Occupation
Practical engineer
Hope this will not have too much of an influence on EU orders...:(

TopDown2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I thought this was clarified to state that only dealer stock orders were on hold,

Sponsored

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
I've got 3 dealers telling me they can make an order and 2 telling me they can't......
Orders for which? Dealer stock or a sold order?
2 of the quotes say Sold Order. 1 doesn't specify. And then the other 2 dealers tell me they "can't build it in the system".

Neither my wife nor I have ordered a vehicle before, so it's all new to us.

agarber5687

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 of the quotes say Sold Order. 1 doesn't specify. And then the other 2 dealers tell me they "can't build it in the system".

Neither my wife nor I have ordered a vehicle before, so it's all new to us.
It still blows my mind that the explanations differ from each dealership on orders but from what I hear, there are real differences in restrictions between dealers even in close proximity.

When I was shopping dealers I had two with issues adding the tube step, one of which said they were forced to add the all weather mats. Meanwhile 6+ other dealers had no issues with placing my exact order. :facepalm:

melman8r

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sarge Green JLR
I will say this, if a dealer isn't able to order it, try a different dealer. Most likely, they're not trying or reading what's on the computer screen in front of them. I had two dealers show me the order process, the dealer would order the safety option, but then have to scroll further down to see what other options are required. In my opinion, that's probably why they can't place the order.

AndyJL

First Name
AndyJL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl
Ordered a rubicon on nov 12 and i called dealer today, they said the factory hasnt picked it up yet and he will ask the rep on monday to see whats up. Dealer has 2 rubicons in the lot but no tow package.... and if i have to get the safety group i think ill order a sport gladiator or something. Canadian jeep buyer over here eh guys so take it easy.

Frostbit

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bikini JLUR 3.0 Diesel, '96 Dodge Cummins 12V, '06 Dodge Cummins Dually
Are there sensors on the front bumper?
Sponsored