Vance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU, 2006 Dodge Ram, 1996 SeaRay 210 Signature
Vehicle Showcase
Yesterday I was trying to diagnose an issue with my remote start. Kept saying cancelled, door open. Figure out that the rear passenger door does not trip the courtesy light when open like the other 3. Somewhere in the middle of chasing maybe a bad relay or fuse, the ignition "locked" me out. It just stays in the off position and will not let me past anything else. I have put a charger on the battery, checked after a few hours of charging and still wont let me do any thing. I have used the key fob to press the start button and nothing. What have I done that would lock me out of starting my Jeep? Could the aux battery be shot? Anyone else have this issue? Is there a accelerator pedal sequence to unlock the Jeep? :angry:
Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Yesterday I was trying to diagnose an issue with my remote start. Kept saying cancelled, door open. Figure out that the rear passenger door does not trip the courtesy light when open like the other 3. Somewhere in the middle of chasing maybe a bad relay or fuse, the ignition "locked" me out. It just stays in the off position and will not let me past anything else. I have put a charger on the battery, checked after a few hours of charging and still wont let me do any thing. I have used the key fob to press the start button and nothing. What have I done that would lock me out of starting my Jeep? Could the aux battery be shot? Anyone else have this issue? Is there a accelerator pedal sequence to unlock the Jeep? :angry:
Did you have doors off recently? Check pins in the connector?
Is remote start OEM or aftermarket?
How has it "locked" you out? Have you tried putting your fob in the spot specified in manual for a dead fob? (Sorry. Off top of head, I think it is right and just below steering wheel)
Tried your other fob?

cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
My 18 was doing some strange things similar to that when my aux batt was bad. Ended up changing both. Might try jumping it.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
A weak battery creates all sorts of weird electronic gremlins.

When my 2018 JLU was 3 years old from production date (1.5 years from purchase date), in the 2 weeks leading to replacing the battery, I got:
  1. The backup camera went totally blank a couple times
  2. The backup lines disappeared and reappeared on the camera on their own
  3. CEL came on and went off overnight, twice
  4. ESS unavailable warning came on twice
  5. TPMS warning light indicated a low tire, which wasn’t true
  6. Lost all audio - radio, navigation, hands free phone. They all returned overnight
  7. Upon backing up, the Selec-Trac kept slipping out of 4 Auto into 4Hi on its own, without moving the transfer case shifter
  8. The engine failed to start on first attempt
  9. The speakers started crackling and booming loudly when I started the engine. That’s when I decided it was time to replace the battery
All these symptoms disappeared after I replaced both batteries.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
@Slightly Less Fat

+1 on failing batteries being likely to cause any number of "electrical" problems. Replacing the vehicle's battery is usually my Go-To solution, due to my experience with observing the problems disappearing after a new battery is in situ.

It's helpful to first load test the current battery, particularly a newer one, to determine if it is in fact failing prematurely (it does happen). Doing so may save you a few $$ if the problem(s) with your Jeep are truly electrical, and/or software-related in nature.

My personal performance standard for any 12V battery is 60 months, so I'd usually expect a 3 year old battery to owe me a bit more service life. However, the presence of a separate, smaller 12V battery for ESS events changes the calculus a bit. I've already reconciled myself to the idea that that one might have to eventually be replaced, sooner rather than [60+ months] later. We'll see.
Sponsored