ICON Rebound Pro wheels

Atom631

First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Ive had them for a while now. a few wheeling trips, tons of beach days. id say in the almost 1.5years, Ive aired down 30+ times and have yet to have an air leak. on beach days I run 12psi and wheeling I run 9-10.

my only wish was that they had some sort of replaceable beauty ring, bc the rock rash really stands out.

04B64230-485F-4E05-A13F-334F8729948B.jpeg

5B92F89E-BC67-4E14-AD7B-A0654771C011.jpeg
Sponsored

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Ive had them for a while now. a few wheeling trips, tons of beach days. id say in the almost 1.5years, Ive aired down 30+ times and have yet to have an air leak. on beach days I run 12psi and wheeling I run 9-10.

my only wish was that they had some sort of replaceable beauty ring, bc the rock rash really stands out.

Jeep Wrangler JL ICON Rebound Pro wheels 5B92F89E-BC67-4E14-AD7B-A0654771C011

This is my fear! Ordered the bronze and it isn't a mall crawler.

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I think the packaging weight is 32lbs. I saw somewhere it is 28lbs. Looking to confirm.
I measured mine at 28 per wheel, with the pins installed.

Sponsored

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

Mine are black and scratched up pretty good, but since the outer rim is very thick, I don't even think about it. I do get the occasional "So you must take your Jeep offroad" by the Mall Cralwer crew. :)

kubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
If you wheel in the rocks, do not get these (or buy mine for cheap). It is the single worst purchase I made for my build. "No Ragrets!".

I disagree that the outer lip is strong, after the powder coat scratches off any future hits start chipping into that lip.

I saw the below at the offroad expo, but they did not sound confident this would ever make it to production (get real beadlocks).

Jeep Wrangler JL ICON Rebound Pro wheels 1669786821130

Atom631

First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
If you wheel in the rocks, do not get these (or buy mine for cheap). It is the single worst purchase I made for my build. "No Ragrets!".

I disagree that the outer lip is strong, after the powder coat scratches off any future hits start chipping into that lip.

I saw the below at the offroad expo, but they did not sound confident this would ever make it to production (get real beadlocks).

it might be a little late for meā€¦but I need those!

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

I love the concept but they need to ā€™snap onā€™. If I am seeing right, you need to remove every ā€˜pinā€™ to install which means you deflateā€¦ I mean you defeat the purpose.

Sponsored

COJeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR, '23 Donkey because gas is too expensive
Clubs

Mine are black and scratched up pretty good, but since the outer rim is very thick, I don't even think about it. I do get the occasional "So you must take your Jeep offroad" by the Mall Cralwer crew. :)
I hope you replied with, ā€œno, too scary, I just hit a lot of curbsā€

Atom631

First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I love the concept but they need to ā€™snap onā€™. If I am seeing right, you need to remove every ā€˜pinā€™ to install which means you deflateā€¦ I mean you defeat the purpose.
so you would want to have them on only during wheeling trip?

if you look close - the pins seem to have a threaded top with a 2nd screw that holds the ring in place. it seems you swap to these pins once and then if you wanted to remove the ring, you would just unscrew them from the top of the pin without unscrewing the hole pin.

seems like a really good idea to me and id buy a kit for sure.

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

so you would want to have them on only during wheeling trip?

if you look close - the pins seem to have a threaded top with a 2nd screw that holds the ring in place. it seems you swap to these pins once and then if you wanted to remove the ring, you would just unscrew them from the top of the pin without unscrewing the hole pin.

seems like a really good idea to me and id buy a kit for sure.
Besides the ability or lack thereof to easily remove, I would think cleaning them would be a pain. And getting debris sandwiched between the rim and wheel?

Waiting for someone to be a guinea pig. :)

74bronco_nomore

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2013 JKU, 2005 Dodge Quad cab, 2005 Audi A4
Bumping this to see if anyone has heard if the rash ring is going to make it production?
Besides the ability or lack thereof to easily remove, I would think cleaning them would be a pain. And getting debris sandwiched between the rim and wheel?

Waiting for someone to be a guinea pig. :)

Jtclayton612

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Bumping this to see if anyone has heard if the rash ring is going to make it production?
Believe the rash ring is coming out with their other pro wheel this year. Or supposed to last I heard I think. No one has any in the wild yet that I know of.
Sponsored