Sting Ray Rubi

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon Sting Gray, 2018 Honda Accord
Vehicle Showcase
did you weigh the wheels with bead lock bolts by chance?
No, i didn't. They shipped straight to discount Tire, so I never had the opportunity to. Specs from Icon say they are 30 lbs.
Sponsored

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
No, i didn't. They shipped straight to discount Tire, so I never had the opportunity to. Specs from Icon say they are 30 lbs.
Thanks, ya those official specifications are always inaccurate from my experience so I figured I’d ask. Thanks though. These seem to be one of the lightest beadlocks available that’s for sure.

engineXI

First Name
jank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rubicon
Was at America's Tire Co yesterday (and placed an order for these) oddly it wasn't in their system. ATC is the same company as Discount Tire. Anyways, he got them ordered but pins are not available so 2 weeks wait.
Also, he was kinda skeptical about doing the pins and such. He said they may not be able to do it and would have to return the order. Seemed kind of strange to me.

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Was at America's Tire Co yesterday (and placed an order for these) oddly it wasn't in their system. ATC is the same company as Discount Tire. Anyways, he got them ordered but pins are not available so 2 weeks wait.
Also, he was kinda skeptical about doing the pins and such. He said they may not be able to do it and would have to return the order. Seemed kind of strange to me.
My experience in Aug. love the wheels.

Jeep Wrangler JL ICON Rebound Pro wheels 96B8A5F5-9104-4E89-B05B-7FBAD80E4B65

Last edited:

Sponsored

engineXI

First Name
jank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rubicon
When I was at the shop, the dealer called ICON about the availability. They told him they were in stock. So I was informed max 2-3 days for delivery.
Next day the dealer called me and told me that the pins were not in stock, so 2 weeks delay.

I had the same thought as you. If the pins are not in stock, then the wheels are not in stock. If you ever watched the unboxing video of rebound pro, the pins are inside the box along with the wheel.

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Jumpstarting this thread. Just ordered a set of 5 in bronze and moving up to 35s. Any reports after running them for a while?

Sponsored

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Jumpstarting this thread. Just ordered a set of 5 in bronze and moving up to 35s. Any reports after running them for a while?
Been running mine since Aug 2021, never had any issues. Other than surface rust on the pins. But you can literally wipe the rust off with a scotch pad. They sent me new pins that they claim won't rust as easil. Time will tell.

https://donmontalvo.com/2021/08/26/icon-rebound-pro-new-shoes/

My goal is to be smart with weight, these are very light wheels, certainly the lightest in the bead lock space.

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Been running mine since Aug 2021, never had any issues. Other than surface rust on the pins. But you can literally wipe the rust off with a scotch pad. They sent me new pins that they claim won't rust as easil. Time will tell.

https://donmontalvo.com/2021/08/26/icon-rebound-pro-new-shoes/

My goal is to be smart with weight, these are very light wheels, certainly the lightest in the bead lock space.
Thanks for the reply. Yes, weight is super important to me as I also sometimes tow my JLR behind a small Class C RV and I'm pushing my CGWR.

Jtclayton612

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the reply. Yes, weight is super important to me as I also sometimes tow my JLR behind a small Class C RV and I'm pushing my CGWR.
Mine have been working great, been running them for close to 8 months. 2 wheeling trips on them and they’ve run perfect at 9-14psi.

Think I got 32lbs when I stepped on the scale with them.

OP
OP
Sting Ray Rubi

Sting Ray Rubi

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon Sting Gray, 2018 Honda Accord
Vehicle Showcase
I've had them for over a year, wheeled some pretty harsh terrain with the tires at 12psi. And never had a problem with them. I have some good rock rash on them, but I had some matte black plasti dip and sprayed the outer ring and they look like new almost. I have never had a leak from the bolts, but they come with plenty of extra seals in case I do.
You won't regret the purchase, I still love mine.

COJeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR, '23 Donkey because gas is too expensive
Clubs

I'm looking at the Rebounds for myself, not the Pros. Good deal on them right now, like $244.
Sponsored