Sponsored

I give you Sting-Gray!

StyleGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GMC YUKON DENALI, 2017 JAGUAR XE, 2014 MASERATI GHIBLI SQ4
I was initially excited about Sting-Gray buy I saw a destroyer gray charger and wasn't really feeling it. I would love to see it on a JL in person though before deciding. For those wanting a green or tan it would be a good alternative. I don't think the lineup needs 3 gray/silver options though.
Sponsored

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392XR
I had a similar color on my Raptor, called Lead Foot, and to be honest, it was a little too boring after the initial novelty of it wore off.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I had a similar color on my Raptor, called Lead Foot, and to be honest, it was a little too boring after the initial novelty of it wore off.
I like boring.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Yea back when they announced it on the forums I had a strong feeling itā€™d be destroyer gray. It makes perfect sense to just recycle a color from a ā€œdifferent brandā€ when you have access to it.
They are offering Sting-Gray on the new Cherokee too.

AwCrimety

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUS
I guess I better go find a charger to look at. Some of these comments are making me second guess....it could just be that I'm eager to order and don't want to wait though.

Sponsored

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
After seeing it on the Dodge Charger and on the Toyota trucks I''m all in. Not sure if I'm wait until March in. If it's a week or two I'll change. A month plus I'm out. Lots of guesses but nobody really knows when. I have a White JLUR on order but.....

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
After seeing it on the Dodge Charger and on the Toyota trucks I''m all in. Not sure if I'm wait until March in. If it's a week or two I'll change. A month plus I'm out. Lots of guesses but nobody really knows when. I have a White JLUR on order but.....
The white is looking better and better as the wait goes but hopefully itā€™s order available by the end of February.

JDMRN81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU, 2018 GC Altitude
Occupation
RN, doctoral student
If sting-gray is truly destroyer gray, then I'm all in on the former. I'm in no rush, so have no problem waiting. I'd rather wait and get what I want then compromise and regret later. I guess it also helps that I'm also unimpressed with the other offerings.....

Sponsored

johnnyp26

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubi Hard Rock
If sting-gray is truly destroyer gray, then I'm all in on the former. I'm in no rush, so have no problem waiting. I'd rather wait and get what I want then compromise and regret later. I guess it also helps that I'm also unimpressed with the other offerings.....
1,000% agree, that's where I'm at with it too. I love my anvil color as much as the day I got it 3 years ago, so I'll gladly wait for the right color this time.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Sting Gray and Anvil are so close, to my eye. I really like it, and hope production is earlier. I have a $500 Voucher that has to be used before February 28...

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Sting Gray and Anvil are so close, to my eye. I really like it, and hope production is earlier. I have a $500 Voucher that has to be used before February 28...
I don't think sting gray is going to be anything near anvil. Anvil has a significant blue hue to it.

bdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
From FCA chat... "Sting-Gray Clear-Coat Exterior Paint Is a little lighter then the Destroyer Grey Exterior Paint. They do look very simpler but it is not the same gray."

Screen Shot 2018-01-30 at 12.51.46 PM.png
Sponsored