Carolina88

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray JLU Sport S
I know you're talking in person

I'm with you on that. Toyota Concrete, Dodge Destroyer or something in between would work. No Anvil, Gobi, Tank type colors available for months or maybe even 2019. My last two have been Billet, I'm out on Red and Black. Thousands of Granites running around. Too old for Nacho or Punkin. That Green is just damn ugly. Out on Ocean Blue because well, I'm a male. So I ordered boring White. Cancelling that tomorrow and waiting on Sting-Gray. I know. Nothing more boring than Gray but it's a first time color and there won't be as many running around. Despite what the naysayers are saying it is nothing like Billet or Granite. It will end being the most unique of all the colors for 2018. Puts me to the back of the line but my orders only two weeks old so what the heck. The trouble will be Black hardtop or painted? I'm solid on painted fenders. Went Black top with the White but I'm thinking all painted will look sharp with just the clear coat, no metal flake paint. Planning on AEV Black Pinter wheels so in that case the Black top might be best. Plenty of time to figure that out. Gives time for the 2.0 turbo to become available as well.

2017-toyota-tacoma-trd-pro-front-left.jpg maxresdefault-2.jpg maxresdefault.jpg
If Sting Gray looks like these, I may be very interested in it. Just wondering if a somewhat "drab" looking, non-shiny gray would get old after awhile.

Sponsored

johnnyp26

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubi Hard Rock
FrighteningMintyEnglishpointer-max-1mb.gif

Iā€™m starting to feel more like this guy with Sting-Gray as other things become available...

Hahah, I had a destroyer gray Charger pull up next to me yesterday and I got all anxious. I wanted to get out and take pics of it next to my Anvil Jeep in traffic.

johnnyp26

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubi Hard Rock
Stolen from another post on here...

Spoke to a real helpful Jeep rep today at Chicago show. He has driven both 2.0 and 3.6 in 2dr and 4dr configurations and says both are great. No turbo lag, feels a lot of the improvement is due to the automatic transmission. Could not tell me when 2.0 specs would be available. Confirmed that destroyer gray on the challenger is the exact color as Sting gray is for the JL. He said due to consumer feedback the half doors will still be an option, but will not be available with the openings in the middle of the door as originally planned for 2019.

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392XR
Stolen from another post on here...

Spoke to a real helpful Jeep rep today at Chicago show. He has driven both 2.0 and 3.6 in 2dr and 4dr configurations and says both are great. No turbo lag, feels a lot of the improvement is due to the automatic transmission. Could not tell me when 2.0 specs would be available. Confirmed that destroyer gray on the challenger is the exact color as Sting gray is for the JL. He said due to consumer feedback the half doors will still be an option, but will not be available with the openings in the middle of the door as originally planned for 2019.
There was never a doubt in my mind that was the case with Sting Gray. Anyone ever seen this color on the Durango? I just did, and it made the vehicle look stunning

alphalife9

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 C6, Sting Gray JLUR
The FCA customer service rep on live chat had said it wasn't the same color. Who knows

sfadchi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Bright White JLUR
Occupation
Corporate Recruiter
Tired of waiting for this color. Ordered a White JLUR on Tuesday. The next phase of waiting has now begun.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Unless a dealer near me magically gets a Nacho Sahara with cloth seats, tow group, LEDs, and infotainment Group Iā€™ll be stuck here waiting...

AwCrimety

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUS
I'm probably going to place an order for billet at month end if there isn't more concrete information by then.

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
I am not so sure sting grey is the same as destroyer grey. If you look at the Mopar bead lock rings on offer at the shows, it looks like nacho and punkN are almost identical to the color of those. The other darker grey color on the bead lock would be my guess for sting grey. The renderings are so off, itā€™s pathetic. They look like completely different colors in real life photos.
The new real life pictures of punkN are nothing like the copper Burnt orange everyone thought it was.

johnnyp26

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubi Hard Rock
I am not so sure sting grey is the same as destroyer grey. If you look at the Mopar bead lock rings on offer at the shows, it looks like nacho and punkN are almost identical to the color of those. The other darker grey color on the bead lock would be my guess for sting grey. The renderings are so off, itā€™s pathetic. They look like completely different colors in real life photos.
The new real life pictures of punkN are nothing like the copper Burnt orange everyone thought it was.
Personally I take all of these photos with a grain of salt, especially the orange pics in that other thread. If anyone uses any editing at all it can change the color so much with just a few small adjustments to try to clean up the pictures, and even on unedited pics the lighting, camera etc can affect the color drastically. I know from taking a disturbing amount of pics of my anvil Jeep the last 3 years just how much different lighting affects how the color shows in pictures.

alphalife9

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 C6, Sting Gray JLUR
I agree, FCA should revamp the builder. It is so bad it's sad. The background makes it look dead and the colors are so off.
Sponsored