I present you with Sting Grey (I think)

OP
OP

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
You have to realize FCA is a huge worldwide company. They know when they plan on doing anything months if not a year out. They have to know to place labor manpower and setup their manufacturing facilities.

A date has been set for Sting Gray availability, just like it was done for Ocean Blue and Punk'N. It would be nice and as a responsible company to let the people know who patronize them.
As a supplier to FCA, I can promise you they do NOT know that far out....
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Based on the color lineups of the JK and the JL, the factory can accommodate 10 colors. There are 4 colors on the JL that differ from the JK. I don't think it's any coincidence that the phase out of the JK coincides with the roll out of the last two JL colors. There's just only so much room in the paint department. Pretty sure it's not a personal slight to customers...
In the JK days there was a 9 color limit.

But the factory has been totally re-tooled for the JL. I don't know if that limit still applies. The Cherokee for example (different factory I know) has 12 colors.

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
You have to realize FCA is a huge worldwide company. They know when they plan on doing anything months if not a year out. They have to know to place labor manpower and setup their manufacturing facilities.

A date has been set for Sting Gray availability, just like it was done for Ocean Blue and Punk'N. It would be nice and as a responsible company to let the people know who patronize them.
A date wasnā€™t officially set for Ocean Blue or Punkā€™n until a few weeks before they were released. Before that people were getting antsy on if they were going to be available or available to order anywhere between January and the end of February. Same thing for Sting-Gray and Mojito...I predicted colors would be released in pairs two months apart and that they probably wouldnā€™t get released until JK production stopped. Thereā€™s a lot of moving parts to a production that need to happen and we have to be patient. Hopefully theyā€™ll make an announcement or they become available to order at the end of this month. Then there will probably be a few dead weeks as they actually prep the colors for paint and hopefully it will arrive by Mid to Late May so I can drive it before it gets too hot here in Texas.

Nate

First Name
Mr. A-hole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2019 Grand Cherokee, 2018 Road King, 1996 Bronco
Occupation
Machinist, Gunsmith and Dumbass Whisperer
The two months since they showed

In the JK days there was a 9 color limit.

But the factory has been totally re-tooled for the JL. I don't know if that limit still applies. The Cherokee for example (different factory I know) has 12 colors.
The new redesigned Cherokee will have Sting-Gray as well.... dollars to donuts itā€™s late availability is related.

Sponsored

Nate

First Name
Mr. A-hole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Just got off the phone with FCA. I havesome good news and bad.....

The good news is weā€™ll see Sting-Gray in our lifetimes.... if we live another 2-4 weeks.

The bad news is because Rubiā€™s tin foil hat is on so tight, FCAā€™s own version of the NSA has decided heā€™ll be the first one to receive a special edition for his valiant and unrelenting efforts at holding them accountable.... itā€™s rumored to be pinkish gray with purple interior.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

The good news is weā€™ll see Sting-Gray in our lifetimes.... if we live another 2-4 weeks.

The bad news is because Rubiā€™s tin hat is on so tight, FCAā€™s own version of the NSA has decided heā€™ll be the first one to receive a special edition for his valiant and unrelenting efforts.... itā€™s rumored to be pinkish gray with purple interior.
Thanks @Nate!

I don't know why they won't go ahead and just show us the pinkish gray with purple interior. Why are they acting so childish?

OP
OP

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito

The bad news is because Rubiā€™s tin foil hat is on so tight, FCAā€™s own version of the NSA has decided heā€™ll be the first one to receive a special edition for his valiant and unrelenting efforts at holding them accountable.... itā€™s rumored to be pinkish gray with purple interior.
-the-tin-foil-hat-and-why-its-the-stupidest-thing-to-wear-if-youre-paranoid-about-the-government.jpg

Nate

First Name
Mr. A-hole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thanks @Nate!

I don't know why they won't go ahead and just show us the pinkish gray with purple interior. Why are they acting so childish?
Funny you should ask..... while on the phone I heard that the color designers were having nap time and when they wake, but not before juice box time, they were going to color the new marketing material to be released..... eventually. But not before Rubi has another episode.

I was also warned that even that could even change. I was told Susie pulled Sallyā€™s hair, causing Billy to laugh and accidentally swallow a quarter..... which caused the lady in charge to panic and call the nurse which delayed the distribution of crayons to the color designers. So itā€™s all related

Sponsored

neonpoke

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜16 M3
My first post. This is a funny thread.

Iā€™ve got my build, dealer and price locked in (invoice -5%) and few summer trail runs scheduled... now just waiting for sting-grey to be released.

No rush though. Iā€™m waiting to see reviews on the aftermarket suspension kits coming out for the JL. The color wonā€™t matter if I canā€™t get where I want to go =)

JayO

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2021 JL Sport S, 2015 RR Sport
I just received an email from the GM of my local dealership saying "My DM has told me that we will be able to order the Sting-Gray now but it is not available for the color top yet." I haven't heard this anywhere else yet, so I'm taking it with a grain of salt. But, I am planning on heading in tomorrow (Saturday) morning to place my order. I guess we will see what happens.

buried20kleague

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Crush Rubi
I just received an email from the GM of my local dealership saying "My DM has told me that we will be able to order the Sting-Gray now but it is not available for the color top yet." I haven't heard this anywhere else yet, so I'm taking it with a grain of salt. But, I am planning on heading in tomorrow (Saturday) morning to place my order. I guess we will see what happens.
As of right now (12:51Central time on Friday), Sting-Gray is NOT available to order.

I'd save yourself a trip.

When it's open, you'll find confirmation here within probably an hour or two.

vintage38

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Hope that'
I can wait. The matching top is at the top of my list and the dealer is ready to ordered mine as soon as Sting Gray is available.

Last edited:

MRC1312

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKR
It wasnā€™t meant to be funny; but very serious. Why act like an inconsiderate child when thereā€™s so many people waiting for Sting Gray to become available to order?

As far as Iā€™m concerned it doesnā€™t make me all the more eager to hang around and wait for it to be available. I look at it from the point of view of an inconsiderate company that doesnā€™t give a damn about their potential customers.
Sponsored