Sponsored

I give you Sting-Gray!

Megsxr750

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Gsxr750 ,2014 Mazda6,and a 2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
The wait is killing me as well. Need to see Sting in person before I decide as it will either be Sting, Granite or third on the list is Ocean blue. If Gobi were available, that's where I'd place my money but maybe for the next generation JM!
Gobi was my first choice as well, pretty bummed it won't be available this year. Sting Gray is my next choice, can't wait to see it in person!!
Sponsored

Nate

First Name
Mr. A-hole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2019 Grand Cherokee, 2018 Road King, 1996 Bronco
Occupation
Machinist, Gunsmith and Dumbass Whisperer
11EE181D-C6A8-4827-83BA-B44BC229A34F.jpeg
4744951E-F8DC-4C4A-9C67-B86951E4854E.jpeg
Narrowed it down to one of these two options for Sting-Gray... curious that these look similar to whatā€™s in the Jeep catalog.

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
Pleeeeeease baby Jesus let Sting-Gray be available on the 5th when Nacho and Blue become available. I still have time to change color at the factory :please:

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Pleeeeeease baby Jesus let Sting-Gray be available on the 5th when Nacho and Blue become available. I still have time to change color at the factory :please:
My salesman just emailed me saying heā€™ll hear from his Sales Director tomorrow about the paint release dates :handsinair:

Sponsored

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
My salesman just emailed me saying heā€™ll hear from his Sales Director tomorrow about the paint release dates :handsinair:
If you hear anything on the Gray shoot me a message please. "God Bless Texas"

sfadchi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Bright White JLUR
Occupation
Corporate Recruiter

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
This is what FCA told me today!

Screen Shot 2018-01-26 at 1.42.40 PM.png
Booooo. My White Jl will be delivered by then. I was hoping it would hit on the 5th with the Nacho and Ocean Blue so I'd have time to change. Good info anyway. Thanks

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
My local dealer finally has some new JL's so I went by yesterday to check em out. While there I went and looked at the Destroyer Gray Dodge cars. Man I hope they are correct when guessing that Sting-Gray will be close to the Destroyer Gray. It's sweet!! When you pull it up on the builder on Jeep.com it really doesn't show it well. Looks like it's in between Billet and Granite. It's so not that. Zero metal flake. Flat Gray clear coated. IMG_3589.jpg

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
My local dealer finally has some new JL's so I went by yesterday to check em out. While there I went and looked at the Destroyer Gray Dodge cars. Man I hope they are correct when guessing that Sting-Gray will be close to the Destroyer Gray. It's sweet!! When you pull it up on the builder on Jeep.com it really doesn't show it well. Looks like it's in between Billet and Granite. It's so not that. Zero metal flake. Flat Gray clear coated. IMG_3589.jpg
Did the same thing yesterday. Saw a destroyer gray and granite charger next to each other with a billet a few cars down.

It was very overcast and the Destroyer gray was medium gray like in your picture. Granite looked almost black. In bright sunlight they are both much lighter.

I agree on Destroyer Gray. I love the flatter color. If we can get any kind of oficial indication that Sting-Gray is the same I will order sight unseen.

alphalife9

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 C6, Sting Gray JLUR
I've seen Destroyer Gray in person and it looks great but I need to see it on the JL! The rendering in the builder doesn't cut it at all.

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Did the same thing yesterday. Saw a destroyer gray and granite charger next to each other with a billet a few cars down.

It was very overcast and the Destroyer gray was medium gray like in your picture. Granite looked almost black. In bright sunlight they are both much lighter.

I agree on Destroyer Gray. I love the flatter color. If we can get any kind of oficial indication that Sting-Gray is the same I will order sight unseen.
Check page 2 of this thread. It was originally confirmed by paint code (PDN) in another thread probably long buried by now.

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392XR
Mark my word, sting-gray is Destroyer Gray. Not a doubt in my mind. FCA has proven this time and time again with previous models, just renaming existing colors

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Mark my word, sting-gray is Destroyer Gray. Not a doubt in my mind. FCA has proven this time and time again with previous models, just renaming existing colors
Yea back when they announced it on the forums I had a strong feeling itā€™d be destroyer gray. It makes perfect sense to just recycle a color from a ā€œdifferent brandā€ when you have access to it.
Sponsored