Sponsored

I can’t freakin decide! HELP!

Deleted member 59498

Lmao 😆 well I guess I’m just a material girl living in a material world 🤷🏼‍♀️ BUT c‘mon the all colored everything just makes it look a bit more luxurious than rugged. As I’m typing that, I’m realizing I’m about to buy a more “luxurious” model just to make it look mean AF 🤔 Ok, rethinking those black fenders and bumpers 🤦🏻‍♀️
Jeep Girls are the best!
Sponsored

PokerMunkee

First Name
Poker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 XK 5.7 QD-II
A Jeep and a sports car make the perfect garage. But if you can only have one, the Jeep wins in my book.

When you start looking at what $54k buys you, it's amazing Jeep can get that much money for these things. I'd rather have a used $27k sports car and a used $27k modified JKU.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

get a Jeep Sport S and an older 5.0 Mustang for your go fast itch. mustangs are far more driveable than camaros on the street.

if you can only have one, id recommend test driving the turbo jeep. people seem to really like the get up and go on those.

$45k for a High Altitude seems like a good price. those are fully loaded with everything you want (sounds like it). just spend the extra $5k (from $40k) and get what you want.

RubiGrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Went from a 2015 Audi S5 to a 2021 Wrangler Rubicon.

You can't compare these two .. It's like comparing apples to potatoes.

I loved my Audi, like really loved it .. Custom ordered it from Germany with the red/black/carbon fibre interior ... It was an amazing car, and I only put 50,000 km on it in 5 years.

My life started to changing:
- My girlfriend and I are getting more serious, so if we get married and have kids, it would be hard to carry stuff and the kids in a coupe
- Since COVID we have been travelling a lot more in our area, which is Calgary Canada. We have access to some of the most beautiful hikes in the Rookies
- It's way easier haul a dog carrier with 4 doors and a bigger vehicle
- I can haul my instruments to practice and gigs without having to ask my band members
- I don't have to ask anyone to borrow their vehicle to pick up something large, like furniture
- I don't have to pre check the road conditions to a hike, I just go
- I don't get curb rash because I have a big side wall

At the end of the day, the wrangler is just so much more convenient. I love being high up and looking at the peasants below. The Audi was nice but speed only leads to speeding tickets.

If I was offered both vehicles, I would still pick the Wrangler ... Hope that helps!

Jeep Wrangler JL I can’t freakin decide! HELP! Marko S4September 09, 2018-194

Jeep Wrangler JL I can’t freakin decide! HELP! 1A88F930-B12E-44DF-BB2F-904B28362334

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
If visibility is one of your concerns, the visibility alone in a jeep compared to a Camaro is night and day. Jeeps sits up very high and have all open windows, so your visibility is probably one of the best out there. You will never look back once you own a Jeep Wrangler JL.

Sponsored

Ruby Clatterbox

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 dr. Willy's
Took my Chrysler 300 SRT in for an oil change and ended up trading for a new Altitude. I hated the lack of visibility in the Chrysler. Kept that Wrangler for 6 years then traded for my present Rubicon. Never looked back. Oh, and added a Willys for the wife to drive.
Jeep Wrangler JL I can’t freakin decide! HELP! 007.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL I can’t freakin decide! HELP! 20190625_173143
Jeep Wrangler JL I can’t freakin decide! HELP! 28890F82603E440DA5CAF5F446AFCA49
Jeep Wrangler JL I can’t freakin decide! HELP! 20201126_091510

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
@Rhonda13 I think you’ll like it: you’ll sit higher off the ground while still having the top down freedom you seem to enjoy.

On a side note, the woman in the photo below only appears in an advert only on this thread. The picture is too nice not to share. Right @Headbarcode?
Jeep Wrangler JL I can’t freakin decide! HELP! 20201126_091510
Ooooo, that fire inside really is looking delightful!

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport (2 door)
I switched from a Cadillac CTS (0 rear visability, super low to the ground so similar to your situation). No regrets at all. Visibility is amazing. Also, as you have to follow traffic laws on the street you will end up using the Jeep's capabilities far more often than you did the Camaro's.

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Lol def not a dude but it’s cool! Definitely feeling the vibes that it’s not going to be a bad switch or decision so thank you! Def a hard decision and there’s just something driving a sports car on a free highway 🌞
I had an M3 convertible, only time I miss it is when there is a loooong stretch of open road in front of me. Other than that I hardly miss it including its 450 dollar oil changes!!

Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Ok guys, I’ve been researching and looking for Sahara Unlimited’s for over a year. When the color matched bumpers came out, I was sold! I’ve never owned a Jeep though, lol! Total newbie here but I’m on the fence. I grew up and learned how to drive with a Jeep Cherokee so I have a little bit of cred.

Besides that, I’ve only owned 2 door sports cars since I was 17. I currently own a 2017 Camaro that I absolutely adore but the blind spots should be illegal. I’m used to no back seats and horrible vision but this car tops the cake. I can barely see when it’s raining hard and I hydroplane nearly every damn time being that I’m driving a damn tank! I just need visibility in my life, lol! So what I’m asking is...am I going to hate life after switching from a sports car to a Jeep Wrangler? Yes, I’ve driven them many times before because I’ve rented them every summer for the beach. But I’d love to hear from someone who’s done the switch and was it worth it?! Thanks!!
I sold my 14 SS Camaro shortly after I bought the JLUR.

I don't miss the Camaro much.

Jeep Wrangler JL I can’t freakin decide! HELP! 20190823_172718

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I switch from a Wrangler to a Fiat Spider whenever the sun comes out.
Jeep Wrangler JL I can’t freakin decide! HELP! _DSC0001.JPG

The top comes down as soon as the temps hit 50+ degrees
Jeep Wrangler JL I can’t freakin decide! HELP! _DSC0010.JPG

RowdySouth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR Mojito 6-speed, 2000 TJ (retired)
So what I’m asking is...am I going to hate life after switching from a sports car to a Jeep Wrangler?
Don't think so. I smile more getting into my TJ than my Charger RT (that's up for sale). Just like anything, the grass is always greener so you're bound to have a few down days of punching it to hear the exhaust roar to life But the wrangler's v6 and turbo are punchy enough that it should be negligible difference.

Never settle.

Just don't go into financial ruin to impress someone at stop light. Get what suits you for the season you're in.

Dim

First Name
Dimitri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat CC - Volvo XC70 - Ducati Monster 900 carbs - Ducati Hypermotard - Ducati Panigale -
Occupation
self employed
Ok guys, I’ve been researching and looking for Sahara Unlimited’s for over a year. When the color matched bumpers came out, I was sold! I’ve never owned a Jeep though, lol! Total newbie here but I’m on the fence. I grew up and learned how to drive with a Jeep Cherokee so I have a little bit of cred.

Besides that, I’ve only owned 2 door sports cars since I was 17. I currently own a 2017 Camaro that I absolutely adore but the blind spots should be illegal. I’m used to no back seats and horrible vision but this car tops the cake. I can barely see when it’s raining hard and I hydroplane nearly every damn time being that I’m driving a damn tank! I just need visibility in my life, lol! So what I’m asking is...am I going to hate life after switching from a sports car to a Jeep Wrangler? Yes, I’ve driven them many times before because I’ve rented them every summer for the beach. But I’d love to hear from someone who’s done the switch and was it worth it?! Thanks!!
just wait a little bit and go for a 392 ;-) you will have a fucking sport wrangler ;-)
Guess if you love to attack maybe you will be a bit dissapointed but the wrangler offers so many many other side
im sure you will love it

MauiSteve

First Name
Stephen Rodgers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2 door, 2018 Colorado ZR2, 2009 Honda Ruckus, 1973 Honda CB750
Occupation
Mostly retired
My wife insisted on us selling our 97 TJ with no A/C for our 21 JLR. She loves it. We had a 2012 Mini Cooper Clubman which she liked but this is way better.
Sponsored