cwadle

First Name
cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I agree, The power top would be your best bet, the functionality really makes it worth it overall. Im not sure about you, but I live in the Metro Detroit area with my power top, and with the unpredictable weather here, you can never really go more than 3 days without rain.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Roy_Hobbs

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara Ocean Blue Sky One-Touch
I agree, The power top would be your best bet, the functionality really makes it worth it overall. Im not sure about you, but I live in the Metro Detroit area with my power top, and with the unpredictable weather here, you can never really go more than 3 days without rain.
I’m in Rochester Hills.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I’m with @Wingman on this. Besides imho a Jeep looks way better with no top or doors when you want to run it that way. :)

62090623-CF90-4D90-B3DD-4F6C3CBF5823.jpeg
Roky, great pic. You should use that one for your profile pic. Jeep looks great and the cat on hind legs is classic!!

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Another thing you can factor in is your age. I just traded in for a new JL One Touch. I’m 54 and worked physical jobs for 38 years. Even though I have the Top Lift Pro (now obsolete) it’s tiring swapping tops in April and October. I also use this time while the truck is bare to rub in a coat of wax so after about 5 hours of washing , waxing and switching I’m shot.

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Nissan Pathfinder, 08 Honda Civic, 07 Toyota Avalon, 94 Jeep Cherokee, 10 Saab 9.3T
Decisions Decisions Decisions

The reasons against the One Touch:

- History of the Jeep Liberty's One Touch system
- No Roof Rack yet to accommodate the One Touch
- 4K pricetag

But, as sf5211 pointed out, age becomes a factor.

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Roky, great pic. You should use that one for your profile pic. Jeep looks great and the cat on hind legs is classic!!
Thanks, I have had it up before, I kinda switch around with different pictures, it’s about time to bring it back. That pic, I just brought it back from putting on 37s and she went right over to as if to say “ nah... this won’t work for me it’s to tall”, lol.

Foggy47

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, billet silver w/ 1 touch sky top. Honda Ridgeline for gentleman's pickup needs.
Occupation
Retired with hobbies. Golf, Fishing, Hunting, Sploring
I have the Sky 1 touch top for a few months now. Knowing myself and this area.....this top is the real deal. The trails in OZ are very dusty at times.....and I can open or close the top based on trail conditions. Nothing worse than riding in thick dirt for my wife.....and I dont like breathing dust all day either.

Nothing to pack around and instant security when you get to the parking lot....then open up again for a ride home from the mall.....etc etc - ad nauseam. Love the quick open / close......and when comparing the prices to two tops.....and if you want a painted roof.....you are there.
Sponsored