I can’t freakin decide! HELP!

Brettboy

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 4 Door Sport
Jeep Wrangler JL I can’t freakin decide! HELP! 231CEFA8-1539-4723-B325-066B1FAF8B3C

Went from an Audi S7 with an APR tune that brought it to over 550 hp. For me, speed got old really quick. Driving my Jeep with the top off has not. Love the Jeep 10x better. I would never go back to driving on the ground on a daily basis.
Sponsored

JayD1056

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS, 1995 Pontiac TransAm, 2019 Mini Cooper
LOL now you’re giving me ideas 🤔 I’m actually heading to the dealership in a couple days and I’m nervous AF about the pricing. You think it’s going to be impossible to get them down to 40k?
Jeep Wrangler JL I can’t freakin decide! HELP! 231CEFA8-1539-4723-B325-066B1FAF8B3C
LOL now you’re giving me ideas 🤔 I’m actually heading to the dealership in a couple days and I’m nervous AF about the pricing. You think it’s going to be impossible to get them down to 40k?
There are tools on this site to help you calculate the invoice pricing. I don't know it off the top of my head but 9k off of 54k sounds about right from what i recall. So to be honest that might be rock bottom pricing all ready.

The only way to get more is if the dealer at the end of the month is short on sales quota with FCA, then you can find a extra 1 or 2% off invoice. otherwise they are taking a big loss.

OP
OP
Rhonda13

Rhonda13

First Name
Rhonda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Camaro LT

Went from an Audi S7 with an APR tune that brought it to over 550 hp. For me, speed got old really quick. Driving my Jeep with the top off has not. Love the Jeep 10x better. I would never go back to driving on the ground on a daily basis.
Yea but that Audi is dreamy 😍😍😍 but I get it. The sports cars sit so low, I didn’t know what clear visibility on the road was until I rented my first Jeep 😂

OP
OP
Rhonda13

Rhonda13

First Name
Rhonda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Camaro LT
There are tools on this site to help you calculate the invoice pricing. I don't know it off the top of my head but 9k off of 54k sounds about right from what i recall. So to be honest that might be rock bottom pricing all ready.

The only way to get more is if the dealer at the end of the month is short on sales quota with FCA, then you can find a extra 1 or 2% off invoice. otherwise they are taking a big loss.
Ok got it! Thanks for the info!

McKenzie

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR; 2016 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Education
Yea but that Audi is dreamy 😍😍😍 but I get it. The sports cars sit so low, I didn’t know what clear visibility on the road was until I rented my first Jeep 😂
I (“we”) have both a WRX and a JLR (no ‘U’!). I love both, for entirely different reasons. I love to drive through the mountains in both, although on paved roads for the subie! I think I could be happy just driving either one everyday (although having both is great!). As mentioned above, although I like the speed/handling of the WRX, I never stop grinning in the Jeep. Even when I’m on a pavement-only road trip with the top on! Take the top off and hit the dirt- well that’s just about heaven (also, just cruising around town without the top/doors makes those mall trips so much more fun!)

Sponsored

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Lol def not a dude but it’s cool! Definitely feeling the vibes that it’s not going to be a bad switch or decision so thank you! Def a hard decision and there’s just something driving a sports car on a free highway 🌞
Oh sorry I guess it makes sense if your name is Rhonda that you aren’t a dude haha :CWL:

Well yes like I said it’s a natural transition. You are going from a car that’s really good at being a sports car / pony car... fast, exciting, etc. to a jeep that’s really good at what it does, which is off-roading, open-air driving, being versatile, taking you anywhere you want to go. So it’s not like you’re taking a step down to a boring car, you’re just moving sideways to a completely different type of vehicle that is the best at what it does.

cgagnon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
I (“we”) have both a WRX and a JLR (no ‘U’!). I love both, for entirely different reasons. I love to drive through the mountains in both, although on paved roads for the subie! I think I could be happy just driving either one everyday (although having both is great!). As mentioned above, although I like the speed/handling of the WRX, I never stop grinning in the Jeep. Even when I’m on a pavement-only road trip with the top on! Take the top off and hit the dirt- well that’s just about heaven (also, just cruising around town without the top/doors makes those mall trips so much more fun!)
This is what I think will help. I also realized I really never push the WRX (2016) as fast as it can go, so I won't miss MUCH from the JLU. I haven't had a chance for a test drive but I'd imagine the JLU is exponentially better than the 4.0 TJs I've driven

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
@Rhonda13 I think you’ll like it: you’ll sit higher off the ground while still having the top down freedom you seem to enjoy.

On a side note, the woman in the photo below only appears in an advert only on this thread. The picture is too nice not to share. Right @Headbarcode?
Jeep Wrangler JL I can’t freakin decide! HELP! D38F5207-4662-4AA4-B6D1-010476F8638B

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rhonda13

Rhonda13

First Name
Rhonda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Camaro LT
@Rhonda13 I think you’ll like it: you’ll sit higher off the ground while still having the top down freedom you seem to enjoy.

On a side note, the woman in the photo below only appears in an advert only on this thread. The picture is too nice not to share. Right @Headbarcode?
Jeep Wrangler JL I can’t freakin decide! HELP! 050620D8-A598-4C7F-ADD4-5A9505BE2ED0-X3
What the???!

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Ok guys, I’ve been researching and looking for Sahara Unlimited’s for over a year. When the color matched bumpers came out, I was sold!
You had me at "Help!" and then lost me when you wrote that color-matched bumpers were the deciding factor for you.

OP
OP
Rhonda13

Rhonda13

First Name
Rhonda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Camaro LT
You had me at "Help!" and then lost me when you wrote that color-matched bumpers were the deciding factor for you.

Lmao 😆 well I guess I’m just a material girl living in a material world 🤷🏼‍♀️ BUT c‘mon the all colored everything just makes it look a bit more luxurious than rugged. As I’m typing that, I’m realizing I’m about to buy a more “luxurious” model just to make it look mean AF 🤔 Ok, rethinking those black fenders and bumpers 🤦🏻‍♀️
Sponsored