www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
It came with my lift. A bump stop extension?
Sponsored

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Look up Timbren active off-road bump stops. I think it’s a good alternative, I just ordered a set for my Jeep.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
anyways, got a bonus coming next month, not sure how much but lookin to spend it all on jeep stuffs. Considering the idea of hydros but doesnt seem to be much love for them and the comments by moto and roky are making me think not a good investment.
Ah, ok, that’s a 2” bump stop block I repurposed from a Mopar lift, then added one inch pucks and a a 3/4 nut for a half inch to get the 3.5” I wanted. I like tube spacer better, lol….. the hydros are adjustable so I think everything will come off of the axle pad, but I’d have to cycle suspension to be sure.

You might ask @ExpeditionBuilds I think he’s running them, maybe you can get another perspective before deciding………

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Look up Timbren active off-road bump stops. I think it’s a good alternative, I just ordered a set for my Jeep.
Ordered these last week and was refunded without explanation… I assume they maybe discounted. Unfortunately, these had great reviews from someone running these in the rear of their JT Mojave and what sold me on these.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Haven't found much discussion about bump stops. I was looking at them and wondered others opinions.
I checked many build journals and showcases and I couldn't find a single person listing it.
I have them (Fox bumps) on my Gladiator. They're extremely helpful if you're going to take big hits. I've coupled them with the Fox 3.0's. No coil overs. Currie Upper/Lower (short length) control arms. I can't speak to the issues others have described with them, as I haven't had that problem. I have quite a lot of flex, too.

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Interesting, wonder how they compare to the (much) cheaper MC Durosprings.

AccuTunedJL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Get it. When the opportunity to travel fast is available, I want to travel fast.
Please keep in mind that adding air bumps does not make your Jeep magically go faster. If you want to go faster off-road, you need to review your entire suspension setup first. Up travel is something you should aim for, tuned shocks and then look at bump stop options. Air bumps will not make up for lack of up travel or cheap shocks. We've had our JL through several different suspension setups and have yet to install air bumps on it and it works amazing. What does your suspension consist of currently?

FYI: We do have a set of slightly scratched King rear air bumps up for grabs:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/king-rear-2-0-air-bump-stop-kit.92137/

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Interesting, wonder how they compare to the (much) cheaper MC Durosprings.
I wonder the same. I am trying again ordering through 3rd party vendors; not sure why Timbren refunded my order. I have used Timbren on previous trucks and really liked them.

But in large part I ordered them at the recommendation of @Kreepin1

I did research them a bit more. I was sold on the marketing and from what I read on the Gladiator forum where Mojave user was running them on the rear. (S)he really loved them.

I’m hoping for the buy once, cry once.

OP
OP
engineXI

engineXI

First Name
jank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rubicon
What does your suspension consist of currently?

FYI: We do have a set of slightly scratched King rear air bumps up for grabs:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/king-rear-2-0-air-bump-stop-kit.92137/
I've got fox 2.5" with DSC (yo, from accutune!) and RK 2.5" lift.

edit from my previous as I went ahead and read the instructions: After installation do these just hit onto the raw axle pad or would you have a rubber puck on the axle?
Any comment about what these other guys are saying about side forces and such?
Overall, I'm interested.

Last edited:

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've got fox 2.5" with DSC (yo, from accutune!) and RK 2.5" lift.

Can you tell me more about those king bumps? How are they installed? Does it require welding?
What benefits would it offer over a hard foam pad?
Curious re: your 2.5's -- how big of hits have you taken off road? I think that's the primary difference between the 2.5's and 3.0's.

Sponsored

OP
OP
engineXI

engineXI

First Name
jank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rubicon
Curious re: your 2.5's -- how big of hits have you taken off road? I think that's the primary difference between the 2.5's and 3.0's.
I haven't taken big hits at all yet. Planning to someday, but just taking things easy to start with until IO'm ready. But I think im probably ready now.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I haven't taken big hits at all yet. Planning to someday, but just taking things easy to start with until IO'm ready. But I think im probably ready now.
Word. Yeah just trying to decide if I want the 3.0's but can't seem to find anyone with the 2.5's that have really pushed theirs yet.

Germyjimmy

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Teamster/ operating engineer
Clubs

Here’s example of what @Moto_21 is talking about………when stuffed my bumps barely hit in the front…….
84B9B0BB-6889-49FC-8909-F7DAA6012F62.jpeg
509D52EB-F743-4C4D-9504-707B97312B2D.jpeg

I’m considering hydros in the rear though, with my new setup I lost a half inch of uptravel. Doesn’t sound like much, but I only had 5” to start with, with these longer shocks……

In the rear I moved my puck location as a result of new arms, the axle doesn’t move back when it moves up anymore, hits square now ….Before/after……..

D4CBE713-83D8-4CEF-9424-B4AF1947DE6C.jpeg
8AFAB594-7D6E-4F0F-B1E7-045A41E58841.jpeg
03394BD7-00CA-473D-80DC-CD5040A41DD3.jpeg
Are those the metal cloak springs ? I feel like I’m having the same problem maybe I need to change springs 🤔 I’m running the fox 3.0 shocks

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Are those the metal cloak springs ? I feel like I’m having the same problem maybe I need to change springs 🤔 I’m running the fox 3.0 shocks
They are Rock Krawler 3.5” springs……. The more articulation, the more misalignment…..nature of the beast…you can minimize it with added bumps… but I have my suspension tuned for maximum up travel since I’m running longer shocks, and I only have 5” up travel. My bump stops still hit enough to be effective……I’ve clearanced my fenders, and concentrated on maximizing shock travel……..this setup isn’t for everyone, not ideal for bombing through the desert, but works extremely well for what we do, climb and crawl

Jeep Wrangler JL Hydraulic Bump Stops 73EF9742-30A5-45F3-8CAE-25841787016A

Jeep Wrangler JL Hydraulic Bump Stops A77A05EC-DF6B-4DD3-B8AC-4FDA0F2ED4C3

Jeep Wrangler JL Hydraulic Bump Stops 4E64A77B-9360-4AF7-B329-0BD63EDE631C

Last edited:

Germyjimmy

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Teamster/ operating engineer
Clubs

Oh wow you’ve got that dialed in, gotta love it!
here are some more photos I have to help show what I’m mean, I feel like the springs will bind on themselves before the bump stop will be compressed
I couldn’t test any further because my jack was fully extended
Jeep Wrangler JL Hydraulic Bump Stops 58888D4C-5084-4907-9A97-9C10C35554AD

8418B7C8-26EF-4A89-8375-D11AD665B0A7.jpeg

DACC64DA-06FC-41DE-9EFC-2FB30EEECDAC.jpeg
Sponsored