Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Hello All.

I plan to post to this thread daily and hopefully have you guys add input to keep this thread prospering. Post what you think would be helpful to others in New Jersey. I know you guys are out there.

I'll start.

There isn't a lot of tire places that can spin a 37in tire. I found one in Mercerville. American Tire & Auto Care on 3275 Quakerbridge Rd 08619 (609) 588-5555.
It was $25/tire. If you make and appointment, you'll be in and out in an hour. They also will put your Jeep on the alignment rack and give you a free printout. (First come first serve on the alignment though. They only have two alignment racks and two alignment techs)

I also have a few items to give away and some for sale at
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jersey-peeps-items-for-sale-free.91649/#post-1905015

GM (Zeke)

Disclaimer

I am NOT a professional mechanic or a "know it all" of all things Jeep.

I am providing an entertainment and opinion thread to this forum and for New Jersey locals.

I am documenting what I do to MY Jeep. Take or disregard any info you read.

What I do may not be ethical and only make sense to me. As they say, there are many ways to skin a cat. (Dont get your panties in a bunch. No one is skinning a cat)

My risk tolerance may be different from yours.

I am not questioning your intelligence and provide info to the lowest common denominator.

I am not an engineer. I mostly go what feels right.

Do not copy what I do. Do your own research and make an informed decision.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
19 JLUR Bright Whit3

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Good morning Jeep Peeps.

If you are unaware, there isnt much "offroading" to do in NJ. I'm in Central NJ and there are three State Parks that you can take your Jeep off road, Wharton, Brendan Bryne and Collier's. You could wander about and have a great time. I am unaware of any accessible offroading in North Jersey.
If you rather go out as a group, New Jersey Jeep Association (NJJA) has planned trail rides and can guide you through the various trails in the State Parks. You'll need to be a member though. At the time of this posting, its $40 a year to join NJJA.

I moved to NJ 2 years ago and after a year of repairing my home, I joined NJJA in the beginning of 2022 just to see what was out there for NJ. NJJA has a great mix of members from stock Jeeps, modified Jeeps, Overlanders and show Jeeps.

There's two off-road parks (pay to play) Rausch Creek and AOAA. Rausch Creek requires a membership of $50 and then an entrance fee of $65 per day. They have free camping as long as you notify them in advance. AOAA is $35 per day and you'll need to sign a waiver for their records.
Both will be in PA. For me, in Central Jersey, thats 2.5 to 3 hours drive.

NJJA does quite a few runs and even a few winter ones. Again, you'll need to be a member.

NJJA's next meeting is on:

APRIL 19, 7PM MEETING AT

COOPER'S RIVERVIEW
50 RIVERVIEW PLAZA
TRENTON, NJ 08611

Last edited:
OP
OP
19 JLUR Bright Whit3

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
I reconnected with Long Island Offroad (LIOR). I wheeled with them in the late 1990s. Come to find out there are a bunch of NJ Jeepers that prefer blue and black trails for their modified rides and have also joined LIOR. They wheel all over NY, MA, PA, NH, CT and VT. They have agreements with private land owners to wheel on their property. Most of LIOR's rides will have go arounds for less modified rides and the members are very friendly from what I remember. They have a scheduled ride at Rausch Creek this April. Yes, you'll need to be a member and sign a waiver to join any of their rides.

Look at my profile and feel free to pick my brain on any of my mods. I did everything in my garage or driveway.

Last edited:
OP
OP
19 JLUR Bright Whit3

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Today's NJ tip.

Globex Performance is highly recommended shop in Toms River for your gearing and fabrication needs. All the guys there wheel and they are familiar with the JLs.
The address will get you in the general area, but they are tucked in the back between a Walgreens and an used car dealership. There's two sets of long double sided garages (no store front just garage doors and access doors). You'll want to get yourself on the north side of the second set of garages.

Globex will quote fair price for a regear and they offer Military and First Responder discounts.

You can submit a request online and they will get back to.

2345 Route 9
Toms River , NJ 08755

(732) 370-7808

https://www.globexperformance.com/

OP
OP
19 JLUR Bright Whit3

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Hello,
The last few projects I completed was the swapping out of the exhaust with a Borla Touring Climber 140828. Pricing is skyrocketing. I ordered it in the February from CJ Off-Road (PonyParts) for $400 and change and received it at the end of March. I believe they are selling it for $600+ now. I also fixed my winch which was not free spooling. I'm pretty handy as I was raised by a frugal father. He never threw anything away and would say "why pay someone when you can fix it yourself". Even though I had a lucrative career in Federal Service and can pay people to do stuff for me, I've always had satisfaction in doing it myself. I dont have a lift in my garage, but I do have a lot of tools and make do.

When I was looking for winches, my initial inclination was to go with a Warn. After choosing the Warn that I wanted, I discovered it was made in China. I have nothing against products from China, but why am I spending $600+. I did some more research and decided on a Smittybilt XRC 12K. It was just a little more that $300 and even though it was made in China, it had a 7 year warranty. Neverless after 3 years of light use, it failed. One of the pins in the remote broke off and it wouldnt free spool. A few back and forth emails to Smittybilt CS and a copy of the proof of purchase, they sent out a new gear box and advised that the connector will take a few months. I didnt wait on the connector and replaced the gear assembly. All is good in winch world.

As far as the exhaust, I original had an exhaust delete from Dynomax. It was pretty loud and droned. (subjective to each individual). I put back the OEM setup as I always had a nice tone with my S&B CAI. I didnt want anything too loud and listened to all the exhaust available for the 3.6L. Someone compiled sound clips for a YT video.

If you are not so handy, don't have tools or a garage, hit me up and I can help you. I'm retired in my early 50s with a lot of spare time. In my early years on my first assignment in San Diego, I lifted and on occasion slammed a few trucks as a side gig. I also welded up bumpers and fabricated tire carriers for a few extra bucks needed to live in CA.

Jeep Wrangler JL New Jersey and the Tri States Roll Call 1649705596803

Jeep Wrangler JL New Jersey and the Tri States Roll Call 1649705640308

Jeep Wrangler JL New Jersey and the Tri States Roll Call 1649705892293

Jeep Wrangler JL New Jersey and the Tri States Roll Call 1649705982629

Attachments

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
19 JLUR Bright Whit3

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Good afternoon,
Last week I swapped out all 8 control arms with Currie's RockJock arms. To offset cost, a forum member was looking for a set of OEM arms to put back on for a trade-in.
There was nothing on the web for installation and no instructions were included. I guess they were supposed to be a very straight forward install. I should have recorded the install and uploaded to YT as it wasn't as straight forward of an install. I called Currie CS to verify a few things.

First. All lower control arm zerk grease fittings need to facing up.
Second. The "Zinc" coated ends are installed on the frame side.
Third. I torqued the front lowers to 190 Torque/ft/lbs and the rest to 120Lbs. Not sure if that is to RockJock specs, but went that way from other brands that had torque specs with Johnny Joint ends. You'll need a good larger Torque wrench. It does help if you have a lift to get a good swing using your whole body. I was on my back just using upper body strength. I was sore for a day. LOL

Jeep Wrangler JL New Jersey and the Tri States Roll Call 1649790414914

Jeep Wrangler JL New Jersey and the Tri States Roll Call 1649790380029

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
Hello,
The last few projects I completed was the swapping out of the exhaust with a Borla Touring Climber 140828. Pricing is skyrocketing. I ordered it in the February from CJ Off-Road (PonyParts) for $400 and change and received it at the end of March. I believe they are selling it for $600+ now. I also fixed my winch which was not free spooling. I'm pretty handy as I was raised by a frugal father. He never threw anything away and would say "why pay someone when you can fix it yourself". Even though I had a lucrative career in Federal Service and can pay people to do stuff for me, I've always had satisfaction in doing it myself. I dont have a lift in my garage, but I do have a lot of tools and make do.

When I was looking for winches, my initial inclination was to go with a Warn. After choosing the Warn that I wanted, I discovered it was made in China. I have nothing against products from China, but why am I spending $600+. I did some more research and decided on a Smittybilt XRC 12K. It was just a little more that $300 and even though it was made in China, it had a 7 year warranty. Neverless after 3 years of light use, it failed. One of the pins in the remote broke off and it wouldnt free spool. A few back and forth emails to Smittybilt CS and a copy of the proof of purchase, they sent out a new gear box and advised that the connector will take a few months. I didnt wait on the connector and replaced the gear assembly. All is good in winch world.

As far as the exhaust, I original had an exhaust delete from Dynomax. It was pretty loud and droned. (subjective to each individual). I put back the OEM setup as I always had a nice tone with my S&B CAI. I didnt want anything too loud and listened to all the exhaust available for the 3.6L. Someone compiled sound clips for a YT video.

If you are not so handy, don't have tools or a garage, hit me up and I can help you. I'm retired in my early 50s with a lot of spare time. In my early years on my first assignment in San Diego, I lifted and on occasion slammed a few trucks as a side gig. I also welded up bumpers and fabricated tire carriers for a few extra bucks needed to live in CA.
That's an awesome story! I'm in a similar situation, I guess. I'm closing in on 50 myself, and have been wrenching on cars and Jeeps for the last 25ish years. I also do most of my own home repairs and upgrades. My dad is not a handy person, but his father was, and so was my mom's brother, so it runs in the family. I am passing it along to my son as well; he's been working on cars and helping me with house projects from the time he was a little kid, and is now in an auto tech program and enjoys wheeling his Jeep Liberty.

Anyway, the school district I teach in is on break this week, and the weather has been cooperative for wrenching on the driveway - except for Saturday, when my son and I were installing new struts on my mom's CRV and a hailstorm blew through. Between the weather and a cross-threaded bolt on the last lower control arm we didn't finish until Sunday with some help from my long-time wrenching buddy. Yesterday I did an oil change for a friend from work, today I serviced the front and rear diffs on my wife's JLU and cleaned last summer's beach sand and the winter's salt out of the interior, and tomorrow I'm changing the oil on my JL and tidying up some wiring from my A-pillar spot lights.

OP
OP
19 JLUR Bright Whit3

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
That's an awesome story! I'm in a similar situation, I guess. I'm closing in on 50 myself, and have been wrenching on cars and Jeeps for the last 25ish years. I also do most of my own home repairs and upgrades. My dad is not a handy person, but his father was, and so was my mom's brother, so it runs in the family. I am passing it along to my son as well; he's been working on cars and helping me with house projects from the time he was a little kid, and is now in an auto tech program and enjoys wheeling his Jeep Liberty.

Anyway, the school district I teach in is on break this week, and the weather has been cooperative for wrenching on the driveway - except for Saturday, when my son and I were installing new struts on my mom's CRV and a hailstorm blew through. Between the weather and a cross-threaded bolt on the last lower control arm we didn't finish until Sunday with some help from my long-time wrenching buddy. Yesterday I did an oil change for a friend from work, today I serviced the front and rear diffs on my wife's JLU and cleaned last summer's beach sand and the winter's salt out of the interior, and tomorrow I'm changing the oil on my JL and tidying up some wiring from my A-pillar spot lights.
Awesome.

If you ever have an issue or would like some help on a bigger project, let me know. I'm pretty decent with a stick welder too. My mom made me spend Friday nights and the weekend at my Uncle's garage for 2 years during my high school years She didnt like my friends. LOL

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
If you ever have an issue or would like some help on a bigger project, let me know. I'm pretty decent with a stick welder too. My mom made me spend Friday nights and the weekend at my Uncle's garage for 2 years during my high school years She didnt like my friends. LOL
LOL that's great! And thanks for the offer, you never know how deep some project might get. It seems to happen to us frequently LOL.

Back in the early 2000's I was a member of an Impala SS club, and we used to do "Mod Days" at different guys houses that were mechanically inclined and wanted to help people install their mods. Would be pretty cool to set up a network like that with Jeeps!

OP
OP
19 JLUR Bright Whit3

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
LOL that's great! And thanks for the offer, you never know how deep some project might get. It seems to happen to us frequently LOL.

Back in the early 2000's I was a member of an Impala SS club, and we used to do "Mod Days" at different guys houses that were mechanically inclined and wanted to help people install their mods. Would be pretty cool to set up a network like that with Jeeps!
👍

Sponsored

OP
OP
19 JLUR Bright Whit3

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Good early evening.

Not much to add today. I wish you guys would contribute. 😁

I changed out the cabin filter yesterday. It took about a minute to do. I also ordered a aux. battery as mine was starting to fail. (ESS, not working and constantly in "not available, battery charging" mode. Eventually the main battery will fail and you'll not be able to crank the engine over. I purchased the Braille B14115. It was highly recommended here over the Mopar replacement.

Last week, I swapped out my sway bar links to the Clayton's COR-5109100. I was getting a clunking after my last outing.

Jeep Wrangler JL New Jersey and the Tri States Roll Call 1649883038001

Jeep Wrangler JL New Jersey and the Tri States Roll Call 1649883083332

Jeep Wrangler JL New Jersey and the Tri States Roll Call 1649883331601

Jeep Wrangler JL New Jersey and the Tri States Roll Call 1649883363844

Have a great night!

DonBucket

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2 door
Good morning Jeep Peeps.

If you are unaware, there isnt much "offroading" to do in NJ. I'm in Central NJ and there are three State Parks that you can take your Jeep off road, Wharton, Brendan Bryne and Collier's. You could wander about and have a great time. I am unaware of any accessible offroading in North Jersey.
If you rather go out as a group, New Jersey Jeep Association (NJJA) has planned trail rides and can guide you through the various trails in the State Parks. You'll need to be a member though. At the time of this posting, its $40 a year to join NJJA.

I moved to NJ 2 years ago and after a year of repairing my home, I joined NJJA in the beginning of 2022 just to see what was out there for NJ. NJJA has a great mix of members from stock Jeeps, modified Jeeps, Overlanders and show Jeeps.

There's two off-road parks (pay to play) Rausch Creek and AOAA. Rausch Creek requires a membership of $50 and then an entrance fee of $65 per day. They have free camping as long as you notify them in advance. AOAA is $35 per day and you'll need to sign a waiver for their records.
Both will be in PA. For me, in Central Jersey, thats 2.5 to 3 hours drive.

NJJA does quite a few runs and even a few winter ones. Again, you'll need to be a member.

NJJA's next meeting is on:

APRIL 19, 7PM MEETING AT

COOPER'S RIVERVIEW
50 RIVERVIEW PLAZA
TRENTON, NJ 08611
I live in PA, but right over the bridge from Trenton, NJ. I would love to come meet everyone. I usually go to Rausch once a month.

DonBucket

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2 door
Today's NJ tip.

Globex Performance is highly recommended shop in Toms River for your gearing and fabrication needs. All the guys there wheel and they are familiar with the JLs.
The address will get you in the general area, but they are tucked in the back between a Walgreens and an used car dealership. There's two sets of long double sided garages (no store front just garage doors and access doors). You'll want to get yourself on the north side of the second set of garages.

Globex will quote fair price for a regear and they offer Military and First Responder discounts.

You can submit a request online and they will get back to.

2345 Route 9
Toms River , NJ 08755

(
Jeep Wrangler JL New Jersey and the Tri States Roll Call 1649883363844
732) 370-7808

https://www.globexperformance.com/
I just called them earlier today... Got some Wobble, and I want to see if they can help address.

OP
OP
19 JLUR Bright Whit3

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
I just called them earlier today... Got some Wobble, and I want to see if they can help address.
If you have a floor jack, jack the front end at the pumpkin (differential) until both front wheels are off the ground. Now grab a front tire and see if you have play (movement). That is where I would most likely try to replace. Pay attention to the ball joints, tie rod and drag link ends. My $.02

sherpaJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito! ~ 2022 JLUR Hydro Blue
Why not start with the Synergy Front Track Bar / Sector Shaft Brace I suggested? You can't go wrong stiffening up that steering gear mount at the frame, especially running 37s. First thing I ordered for my Hydro.
Sponsored