Sponsored

How to Adjust Caster

dayusmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Steer Smarts makes the larger bolts you are talking about...
I bought them, I didn't really see a difference when putting them in, but I didn't have DW. I saw a huge difference when I changed all my stock steering components to Steer Smarts Yeti ones, but my Mojave had 45k on it when I switched all those parts out, so mine were already worn...
Sponsored

OP
OP
AVGeek99

AVGeek99

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Sahara 4xe (wife's)
Steer Smarts makes the larger bolts you are talking about...
I bought them, I didn't really see a difference when putting them in, but I didn't have DW. I saw a huge difference when I changed all my stock steering components to Steer Smarts Yeti ones, but my Mojave had 45k on it when I switched all those parts out, so mine were already worn...
Thanks for pointing me to Steer Smarts. I ordered the 9/16" bolts, should be here on Friday.

I'm kind of annoyed that the MC track bar didn't come with larger bolts. Hopefully this does the trick!

Thanks again!!

dayusmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
The funny thing is the Steer Smarts Track Bar doesn't come with them either. You have to order them separately...

OP
OP
AVGeek99

AVGeek99

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My shimmy and DW has been solved. The larger track bar bolts from Steer Smarts did the trick. Crazy how such a small change can have such an impact!.

My Jeep is now finally behaving like a stock vehicle on road. I'm glad I was able to resolve the issue before going to 37s and upgrading my drag link and tie rod next month.

Thank you everyone for your help and guidance.

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
My shimmy and DW has been solved. The larger track bar bolts from Steer Smarts did the trick. Crazy how such a small change can have such an impact!.

My Jeep is now finally behaving like a stock vehicle on road. I'm glad I was able to resolve the issue before going to 37s and upgrading my drag link and tie rod next month.

Thank you everyone for your help and guidance.
It seems like it shouldn’t make a difference at all and they should be included with the track bars instead of getting held up for a few more days of parts being shipped.
Are you going to leave the ball joints alone for now?

Sponsored

OP
OP
AVGeek99

AVGeek99

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It seems like it shouldn’t make a difference at all and they should be included with the track bars instead of getting held up for a few more days of parts being shipped.
Are you going to leave the ball joints alone for now?
Yeah, I can't believe the bolts don't automatically come with aftermarket track bars. Perhaps it's a way to get people to jump straight to the track bar mount reinforcement bracket?

Getting 37" tires next month. When they are getting installed I'll have the shop check the ball joints and will replace them if needed. I did what I could to check them and they seemed fine. There didn't seem to be any loosness. And the steering is now nice and tight after installing the track bar bolts, so I think they are fine for now.

I assume I'll need to replace them sometime in the next year.

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
Finally some good news!
Sponsored