Sponsored

How many use a screen protector on the display screen?

How many use a screen protector?

• Total voters

stoowie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
I don’t understand the logic. You only see the fingerprints when the Jeep is off. If I even notice, it would be for 5 seconds when I first enter and when I leave.
Plus, most of us love our Jeep’s enough to keep em clean so when I clean my Jeep I clean the glass.
I had my radio replaced because the screen was delaminating. The sevice guy told me it's plastic screen not glass
Sponsored

OP
OP
JimmyZ

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
Thanks for all the feedback. So I decided to grab a tempered glass screen protector. Figure as many others said, $10 for piece of mind is a no brainier. I felt more confident getting no bubbles with the tempered glass, but we will see when my Jeep arrives. Again thanks for all the feedback!

FrostQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Ironically, the only scratch I have was from cleaning the screen with a soft cloth to prep for the tempered glass protector......:(
Luckily the tempered glass protector was able to hide it.

dhpt99

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Wrangler Sahara Ecodiesel
I installed a glass screen protector and feels more like using my cell phone. Its an overall better feel and to me looks better as it is shinny.

Sponsored

Jeepinjack66

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Occupation
IT
How many use a screen protector to protect their infotainment screen? Why or why not? If you use one how have your results been? Durability? Links and pics are greatly appreciated! Thanks
bought the screen protectors before I even took delivery on my jeep...I dont even know its there. I feel better having something there ..no doubt...same thing for my phone. another note..I bought the mopar ones made for the 7 inch. i dont notice more or less fingerprints at all and very easy to clean like the regular screen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport

pbanda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Altitude
Thanks, James! Of course, right after I posted my question, I also found this one on Amazon:

AmazonSmile: CDEFG for 2018 2019 2020 2021 Wrangler JL/ 2020 Gladiator JT Center Control Touchscreen Navigation Touch Screen Protector, HD Clear Tempered Glass 9H Scratch Resistance (5 inch)

I think I'll go with the one you provided, since it has many more reviews. Much appreciated.
I have this one. Went on easy and looks nice. It is shinny but not in a bad way...it can be seen during full sun with top down. I got it because we spend a lot of time at beach and sand is everywhere.

Dryver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe "Bridgette"
In my 2017, I actually never removed the plastic protection that was on screen at delivery. Traded it in 3 years later with it still on.

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
I got the Mopar one and it looks great. Usually don’t buy these but with my daily use of hand sanitizer since COVID I went for it.

Sponsored

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
I have this one. Went on easy and looks nice. It is shinny but not in a bad way...it can be seen during full sun with top down. I got it because we spend a lot of time at beach and sand is everywhere.
Thanks for the testimonial. My Jeep doesn't arrive until later this week or next, so was wondering how it looked. Enjoy!

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I recently installed a cheapo amazon screen protector. I did it mainly to reduce the long term fatigue of having the frequently pushed areas from being worn down. The lower left corner had some wear from the PO. Went on smooth and did not change the screen sensitivity.

OP
OP
JimmyZ

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
One month in and delamination has already occurred 🤬🤬🤬

Took it to Plaza Jeep in my home town and they wouldn't come out and look at it 🙄 had to have an appointment because "it takes several hours" to diagnose a spot on the screen 😤

Jeep Wrangler JL How many use a screen protector on the display screen? Resized_20210412_082435

Jeep Wrangler JL How many use a screen protector on the display screen? Resized_20210412_082329

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
In my 2017, I actually never removed the plastic protection that was on screen at delivery. Traded it in 3 years later with it still on.
The plastic protective film is still in place on the Ural's speedometer. The angle of the electronic speedo face to the sun, when riding, makes the plastic lens susceptible to yellowing. The film fits so well that you can't see it unless looking carefully at the edges. Free protection? Sure!

Jeep Wrangler JL How many use a screen protector on the display screen? Ural - Sheetz Gas
Sponsored