Sponsored

How do you start a class action lawsuit?

LABLUE

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 Ram 1500 North edition
Occupation
CDJR Master Tech

LABLUE

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 Ram 1500 North edition
Occupation
CDJR Master Tech
After some searching in dealerconnect I did find a few things. I also reached out to a tech advisor(a man with many inner connections) he said there are a few things going on. But there will be an update in the 2nd or 3rd quarter.

With that said I have seen FCA updates take longer than that. We are waiting on a 3.0 eco diesel pcm update for over 6 months due to emissions and the feds...

Screenshot_20180424-195539_Drive.jpg

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
If interested—Lets all call Jeep Cutomer Service (877-426-5337) this week or next and ask that we be provided a reasonable ETA of when we can expect the Off Road Pages update to be sent or reinstalled. It is time to get this wrapped up.
I just called Jeep customer service again and was told again that the o er the air update for off road pages is going to happen soon and if I do not get it in a week or so to call back in...Anyone interested should call in see if we can get an ETA

OP
OP
BillyHW

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I just called Jeep customer service again and was told again that the o er the air update for off road pages is going to happen soon and if I do not get it in a week or so to call back in...Anyone interested should call in see if we can get an ETA
They're going to have to publish a 37 Edition 5th Rev of the owner's manual once they push the update. Maybe we'll even see mention of the 2nd battery finally...

Sah_000

First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Taking delivery of new rubicon next week! did this update happen yet?

Sponsored

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Not yet. The quick supplement guide that came with mine has a few pages on all the features of the off road pages. For fun ask for it and then ask the sales person to show you/demo the off road pages feature. When they can not find it ask them to contact Jeep with an eta. Ask for something in writing that will confirm/with a date that you vehicle will have it.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Fix the steering issues first, this is a who give a flying f#@$#$
Unrelated, and no reason they can't deal with both at the same time. It isn't like one guy running around fixing each issue. Besides, while I hope they very quickly fix your steering issue, mine doesn't have it, so I give a flying $&%^*. I want those pages yesterday.

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
Unrelated, and no reason they can't deal with both at the same time. It isn't like one guy running around fixing each issue. Besides, while I hope they very quickly fix your steering issue, mine doesn't have it, so I give a flying $&%^*. I want those pages yesterday.
He said "the" steering issues, not his. Over a dozen members here have had scary lockup moments. He makes a good point on priorities. If you had it happening, perhaps with Mrs. Dan or Dan Jr. in the vehicle, I imagine you'd care.

Sponsored

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
To put effort in for a class action lawsuit like the thread states... I would pick one that could be won

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Free legal advice on the internet is worth exactly what you pay for it.
Not only that, but typically class action suits result in you getting next to nothing and the lawyers cashing in. That's great, if you are the lawyer.

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
Wichita Kansas is some sort of center for class action lawsuits. Probably due to a long history of aviation law here in town. One of the best class action firms has been Hutton and Hutton.
I read their website on class action suits and previously talked to the brothers. I doubt they would take the case unless some serious harm comes to a number of people.

All manufacturers factor in a budget for recalls and legal costs. However potential pain and suffering gets the NTSB involved and FCA would try to mitigate the issue.