Sponsored

Hotheads For Sky One Touch

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
Mine is also on the way. Email corresponded with Mark and asked whether he will be developing a side window insulation kit as well for the SOT hardtops. Considering the response from the SOT headliner I hope a side window kit is soon to follow. I'm in the mid-west and it gets cold this time of year and hot in the summer so more insulation is better!
This is a great idea @hybrid3.0 for @Hothead Headliners . Those windows also vibrate and the latches can rattle so an bit of damping and sound deadening would be a good thing.
Sponsored

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
Anyone in Arizona have one of these installed during the summer yet? How hot is it in the cabin up high near the head with the Sky top in the summer without it?
We just released our Hothead Skyliners for the SOT, so they haven't been around during summer, yet. However, we're using the same material as our Soft Top Headliners so they'll perform similarly. You can find reviews for them on here and on our website.

AaronTV

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Do you think the extra fabric would interfere with the 'Dominion Off Road High Lift Jack Mount Kit'?

Does the fabric fold outward from the 'roof' area, or inward toward the interior?

1612974498491.png
It shouldn't. It folds outward with the stock material. Here's the install video, which should clarify how it works for ya:

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
Do you think the extra fabric would interfere with the 'Dominion Off Road High Lift Jack Mount Kit'?

Does the fabric fold outward from the 'roof' area, or inward toward the interior?

1612974498491.png
I don't think it would interfere. Here's a video showing it retracting to give you a better idea.

Lmike6453

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Altitude (Black)
It shouldn't. It folds outward with the stock material. Here's the install video, which should clarify how it works for ya:
I don't think it would interfere. Here's a video showing it retracting to give you a better idea.

Thank you.
Just pulled the trigger and hoping for less wind noise above all!

Sponsored

hybrid3.0

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JGC
I especially like the attention to detail adding a foil layer sandwiched in the liner. I spent most of my life in FL and the foil reflects the sun’s infrared spectrum cutting down on heat soak significantly. I built my house in FL with a foil liner under the roof (thermal foil tape manufactured on one side of the plywood) and my summer attic temperatures were in the 120’s instead of 150+! The 30 degrees difference cuts down on the work the ac has to do saving money and being environmental at the same time. When I redid the headliner in my car I added HVAC tape and insulated foil wrap on top of the replacement headliner and it made a noticable difference. I was sold on the SOT liner when I saw that Mark puts this attention to detail in his products with a hidden foil layer. I will follow up once I get the liner and the 4xe to install it on!

AaronTV

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Yeah, after reading the early feedback I decided to order one also. No idea when we'll have our 4xe but the liner will be ready and waiting!

TxJeep69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 IH Scout, a few others
Just ordered mine. Hoping to reduce the highway noise and summer heat. Was there a forum discount? If so, I missed that.

Lmike6453

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Altitude (Black)
Just ordered mine. Hoping to reduce the highway noise and summer heat. Was there a forum discount? If so, I missed that.
I couldn't find one and ordered full price on their site.
It would be nice to have a forum discount though, even if it was small is better than nothing.

los Lobos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
I took delivery of the Willys on Oct 1, '20 and already have 11,300 miles on her. She's my daily driver, commuter and rolling office. With that many miles on it in 4-1/2 months I wouldn't call the sky one touch loud but it's certainly not a quiet ride.

I came across this thread a couple of weeks ago and ordered one immediately. I've had the new headliner installed all week and have opened and closed the top many times. It operates and looks just like stock. Installation was as easy as everyone else has said. It took longer to clean the crap out of the Jeep than it did to install the headliner.

In my opinion this thing is a game changer. It significantly reduces the noise entering thru the fabric top but also reduces the interior reverb. It's much easier to talk or listen to the stereo at interstate speeds. I'm sure it'll also greatly reduce the radiant heat you feel on your head in the summer. As a bonus it also gives the interior a really nice "finished" look.

Five stars. Two thumbs up. Highly recommend.

Last edited:

Sponsored

kmusk01

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon
I just finished my install and took it for a test run. It truly does make a difference especially on the highway.

As others have said the installation was simple. Since its still colder than 50 degrees here I ended up warming the Jeep up for 10 minutes, then just kept the heater on full blast during the entire install. Took about 15 minutes for the entire install.

The best part is that it fits with my Spiderweb shade! I was in fear that it would rub, but everything fits perfectly together.

As for the noise itself it will make some noise when you open/close, but its not from the Velcro, its from the material inside the headliner. Honestly its a minor noise and truthfully you won't hear unless you are trying to hear it. Normally I have either the radio on or already moving when I go to open/close the top so you probably won't hear it.

Overall I am VERY impressed and so happy I ordered one.

Thanks,

Ken~

operator22

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
The best part is that it fits with my Spiderweb shade! I was in fear that it would rub, but everything fits perfectly together.
Thanks for that tip. My Spiderwebshade is delivered and ready to install but held off because I wanted to make sure it would fit with this Hotheads solution. Hoping for a cool and quiet summer in Florida!

Does it make any difference which one I install first?

kmusk01

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon
You will have to install the Hotheads Liner first. Then you can install the Spiderweb Shade. I had to partially take mine down for the install.

Thanks,

Ken~

javelina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB "Saharacon", 2006 Wrangler TJ, 2018 F-150 RCSB 4x4
Anyone in Arizona have one of these installed during the summer yet? How hot is it in the cabin up high near the head with the Sky top in the summer without it?
They just came out with 'em... so no chance for me to test it in our hot AZ summer sun. But, we're planning on it soon.. ;)

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
Just installed mine - it's great. It's about as close to hard-top levels of noise reduction as I think is achievable with the roof design. Also cleans up the interior very nicely.

I only wish it connected to all of the bars for a taughter look.

It's awesome and well worth it for anyone on the fence.
Sponsored