Hitch extender for 37s?

trailchaser

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
On my stock JLUR I can get away with connecting my kuat bike rack to a. 8” extender but will be upgrading to 37s in a few months.

wondering if the 8” will still give me enough clearance? Not looking to open the tailgate (a foot would be nice) but to be able to connect the rack to the extender.

Anyone done this?

thanks!
Sponsored

SHYUperman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 392
I have a 7" extender and it's just the right length for my Thule bike rack with 37x12.5 spare.

I'm running a expedition one rear bumper/tire carrier but it uses the stock tow hitch.

OP
OP

trailchaser

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
prob
The wheel offset will have a much greater effect than the the increased tire width/diameter. Will you be using the same wheels?
haven't decided...I'll be likely going a bit wider with some beadlocks? new to all of this.

Hoping the 8'' extension will be good now and in the future to avoid having to replace an I also feel like the 12'' is too long and ugly lol

OP
OP

trailchaser

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
I have a 7" extender and it's just the right length for my Thule bike rack with 37x12.5 spare.

I'm running a expedition one rear bumper/tire carrier but it uses the stock tow hitch.
how wide is your bumper?

thanks!
Sponsored