Sponsored

Hitch Bike Rack recommendations?

BamaJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Sting Grey
I ended up with something similar and am very pleased. Paired a kuat pivot with a Northshore 4 bike rack. The only thing I need to figure out is how to disable the backup sensors when reversing. The steady beep does eventually go away but is annoying at first.

@Ranger1 Did you have this issue too with the 1UP? Where you able to temporarily disable it? Nice setup by the way. I like how you can add and remove the extra tray. 1UP makes an excellent product!
Jeep Wrangler JL Hitch Bike Rack recommendations? E8AFF010-BBF0-4BBE-A727-B817DBFD3F95
Jeep Wrangler JL Hitch Bike Rack recommendations? F30161B3-61EE-409D-80AD-F621026DD676
Sponsored

Ranger1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited 2019
I ended up with something similar and am very pleased. Paired a kuat pivot with a Northshore 4 bike rack. The only thing I need to figure out is how to disable the backup sensors when reversing. The steady beep does eventually go away but is annoying at first.

@Ranger1 Did you have this issue too with the 1UP? Where you able to temporarily disable it? Nice setup by the way. I like how you can add and remove the extra tray. 1UP makes an excellent product!
Jeep Wrangler JL Hitch Bike Rack recommendations? F30161B3-61EE-409D-80AD-F621026DD676

Thanks @BamaJeep. I did have the same issue, simple fix though, just turn off the parking sensors using this button....

Jeep Wrangler JL Hitch Bike Rack recommendations? PNG image-0CCB5492C40A-1

Justafish

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

How have you liked the Northshore rack?? Thinking about getting this same setup. Can you lock the bikes to the rack?

KeithM

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 06 Duramax, e39 Touring
Occupation
Software
How have you liked the Northshore rack?? Thinking about getting this same setup. Can you lock the bikes to the rack?
I'd imagine you could do something similar to my Recon with the NSR. U-lock through chain-hook holes in hitch, cable runs through rack and through all of the bike's rear triangle with painters tape protection where you are worried about rub damage.
Jeep Wrangler JL Hitch Bike Rack recommendations? IMG_1140

doooodo

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 jku
Can highly recommend the 1UP, and the RakAttach swing arm. Very well engineered, definitely get what you pay for.

I'm looking at this exact setup, but the dimensions make it look like it won't clear the spare tire? Obviously yours did... How much clearance do you have between the spare tire and the top of the hinge when its closed?

Sponsored

MOTC JL

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
I'm looking at this exact setup, but the dimensions make it look like it won't clear the spare tire? Obviously yours did... How much clearance do you have between the spare tire and the top of the hinge when its closed?
You just need and short extension to clear the spare tire and the 1UP works great.

Ranger1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had the same reservations, and also bought the 1UP hitch extension, but have never had to use it. If I get time tomorrow I'll put it on and measure the distance, but hopefully you can tell from these 2 photos that there is plenty of room using just the RakAttach

IMG_1091.jpeg

tempImagejcvF5s.png

doooodo

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 jku
I had the same reservations, and also bought the 1UP hitch extension, but have never had to use it. If I get time tomorrow I'll put it on and measure the distance, but hopefully you can tell from these 2 photos that there is plenty of room using just the RakAttach

Jeep Wrangler JL Hitch Bike Rack recommendations? tempImagejcvF5s

Jeep Wrangler JL Hitch Bike Rack recommendations? tempImagejcvF5s
Sorry - I meant between the top of the rakattach hinge and the bottom of the spare. According to the specs on the website, they should hit my spare (stock 33" KO2). What size is your spare?

Ranger1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Copy that, mine is a stock 33" Falken Wildpeak, you can see in this photo there is room to spare, you might get your knuckles dirty when unhooking it, but there's plenty of space. I'll try and find time later to put it on and measure the space.

IMG_7702.PNG

doooodo

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 jku
Copy that, mine is a stock 33" Falken Wildpeak, you can see in this photo there is room to spare, you might get your knuckles dirty when unhooking it, but there's plenty of space. I'll try and find time later to put it on and measure the space.

Jeep Wrangler JL Hitch Bike Rack recommendations? IMG_7702.PNG
sweet - looks like it'll tuck in perfectly then. thanks! how do you like the driver swing? and did you do medium or large? (thanks for answering all these questions btw!)

Sponsored

Ranger1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Love the driver swing, makes it all very accessible, especially as I have a table in the rear door. Went with the large.

jdeolivares

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Love the driver swing, makes it all very accessible, especially as I have a table in the rear door. Went with the large.
I’m looking to get the 1up rack attach since I have a rubicon and it looks like it does clear the spare. Just wondering why you ordered the large vs medium? Thanks for the photos and info.

seannaz

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JKUR 4XE, Cyber Truck (on order...)
Vehicle Showcase

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation