Sponsored

Hi lift jack.

• Thread starter Deleted member 29342
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2

Deleted member 29342

Hello Jeep peeps. I just bought a hi lift jack and was wondering on a stock JLUR with steal bumpers where will be the lift point Incase I need to jack up the Jeep. I’m looking to to use it also for changing tires since my Jeep is prone to getting flats.
Sponsored

Fonzilla85

First Name
Fonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Lawman
Hello Jeep peeps. I just bought a hi lift jack and was wondering on a stock JLUR with steal bumpers where will be the lift point Incase I need to jack up the Jeep. I’m looking to to use it also for changing tires since my Jeep is prone to getting flats.
Just my take. If possible always use a floor jack for changing out tires. The Hilift should only be used if a floor jack is not available while out on the trail, as it’s unstable. Hilift is a solid recovery/emergency tool, but for everyday stuff like a tire change use a floor jack.

OP
OP

Deleted member 29342

Just my take. If possible always use a floor jack for changing out tires. The Hilift should only be used if a floor jack is not available while out on the trail, as it’s unstable. Hilift is a solid recovery/emergency tool, but for everyday stuff like a tire change use a floor jack.
That’s what I been hearing it takes so long with factory jack. If I’m on the trailer where is the lift points on the Jeep.

OP
OP

Deleted member 29342

I’ve always thought it was funny to see all the jeep people with hilifts mounted and 99.9% of them have no place to use the thing. Just another accessory.
Well mine will be staying in the garage. :LOL:

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
With these (or various other accessories) it’s now very useful.

14A5BAF7-FFD5-41EB-9EDF-5F8F76FBA625.jpeg

5B29E39E-38DB-4D2C-92A9-5A298F86C6F3.jpeg

You wouldn’t have a winch without a hook, thimble, slings, or shackles would you? If you’ve got the parts that makes it useful then it’s a good tool. If not then it’s kind of pointless.

OP
OP

Deleted member 29342

With these (or various other accessories) it’s now very useful.

Jeep Wrangler JL Hi lift jack. 5B29E39E-38DB-4D2C-92A9-5A298F86C6F3

Jeep Wrangler JL Hi lift jack. 5B29E39E-38DB-4D2C-92A9-5A298F86C6F3

You wouldn’t have a winch without a hook, thimble, slings, or shackles would you? If you’ve got the parts that makes it useful then it’s a good tool. If not then it’s kind of pointless.
I have the bumper hook and the recovery accessory. I didn’t get the wheel one bc I was thinking how do you change a tire with wheel hook when it’s hook to the wheel.

Jdsmoke

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport 2 door
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Healthcare
I have the bumper hook and the recovery accessory. I didn’t get the wheel one bc I was thinking how do you change a tire with wheel hook when it’s hook to the wheel.
Use the wheel hook to lift the wheel, place rocks under the axel (I carry 1 jack stand) to support vehicle and then take the wheel off.

OP
OP

Deleted member 29342

Use the wheel hook to lift the wheel, place rocks under the axel (I carry 1 jack stand) to support vehicle and then take the wheel off.
Thank you. Your first person to actually give me an answer. I appreciate it.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
The jack that comes with the Jeep is worthless... Can anyone recommend a good floor jack that will actually lift the jeep and tires off the ground? I like to work on my Jeeps in the garage (concrete floor), but I always have to rig up something to get the tires off the ground.

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
The jack that comes with the Jeep is worthless... Can anyone recommend a good floor jack that will actually lift the jeep and tires off the ground? I like to work on my Jeeps in the garage (concrete floor), but I always have to rig up something to get the tires off the ground.
Harbor Freight long reach low profile floor jacks. Read the specs, they all look pretty similar but don’t have the same maximum lift capacity. You want one that lifts to 24 1/4”. I have 35” tires and a 2.5” lift and it still lifts high enough to lift the tires and put it on jack stands.
https://www.harborfreight.com/3-ton...ional-rapid-pump-floor-jack-orange-64241.html

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase

Dragon52

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon EcoDiesel
I needed a low profile hydraulic jack that would slip under mu Porsche, carry the weight of my Lincoln Navigator and handle my Rubi as well. I use the Liftmaster 3-ton Aluminum & Steel high lift floor jack. It is excellent and was a great price on Amazon. Definitely heavy duty but light enough to carry. It will lift up to 20 inches.