Help! What is this spring?

FreedomFur

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
I have a 2022 JLUR XR with about 9000 miles on it. Shut my driver’s front door today and heard this weird rattle. So I shut it a few more times and was able to get it to repeat. Popped the drain plug off and the spring fell out! Everything seems to work on the door, all latches and handles, and the power windows. Does anyone know what this part goes to? There’s always the chance that Jeep dropped a part in by mistake.

7DDAB912-F355-491B-898E-6F93EAE2865A.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
FreedomFur

FreedomFur

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Ttt

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Damn man. thats the cornerstone of the Jeep. It is only a matter of time before it all falls apart. First you will feel the infamous "death wobble". Followed by extreme front rake. Then the jeep will feel very wobbly. Catastrophic failure will follow. Once that little spring falls, theres no fixing it. I am sorry for your loss.

Kidding aside. Is your door and everything else working as intended? I wouldnt worry. Just save the thing in the console in case you notice anything lose or not working properly in the future.

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
also, the door cart is very easy to take off, like less than 1 minutes..did that before..try a youtube search...

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

also, the door cart is very easy to take off, like less than 1 minutes..did that before..try a youtube search...
This is true. After I got my half doors painted I had to pull one back apart because I had a loose connection and the door didn't have power. Surprisingly easy, and not much different than the standard doors.
Sponsored