HELP please: TPMS sensors not reading

OP
OP

Chaostactics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
@THEREED1 Firestone didnt charge me anything for checking for the TPMS sensors. Although I had just paid them a few days before to mount the wheels.
Sponsored

Eeyore

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
What do you mean the Mopar ones do not work with 35's? I just got Method 305's and 315/70/17's last Saturday. Three came on in 5 miles, one never did. Discount swapped it out and now two do not work. They work when they hold their tool up to the wheel. Discount and Four Wheel Parts said they only use OEM sensors on Jeep because of issues with Aftermarket. ANy suggestions? It is frustrating to buy all new wheels, tires, sensors and have a check system light...

Thanks, Terry.

ptoemmes

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Willys “Edition” TBD Mar 2021
What do you mean the Mopar ones do not work with 35's? I just got Method 305's and 315/70/17's last Saturday. Three came on in 5 miles, one never did. Discount swapped it out and now two do not work. They work when they hold their tool up to the wheel. Discount and Four Wheel Parts said they only use OEM sensors on Jeep because of issues with Aftermarket. ANy suggestions? It is frustrating to buy all new wheels, tires, sensors and have a check system light...

Thanks, Terry.

Just an FYI...was picking up my Pacifica the other day and my service guy was in a three way chat with customer and tech about just this issue. I heard them say something about the increased distance of the sensors from the receiver causing flakiness though they did not say this was FCA saying this. It appears to be a common occurrence. Tazer and shut TPMS off I guess is an option.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
If you are bugged by TPMS not working you can use a programmer to turn the system off or you can pull all of them out and I believe within a few starts the system realizes none are there and it shuts down, I personally have not used or tested the method of removing them but someone here did and posted it worked but you have to manually check pressures at the wheels
Sponsored