JeepAustinWeird

JeepAustinWeird

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I specifically asked my salesman to make sure the factory plastic plate bracket wasn't put on, because I didn't want the holes in the fairlead cover. Yours looks like it had one at one point, so I thought maybe one might have fallen back there during removal. I have been known to pile up hardware on the bumper, and often times have had to fish one out that had fallen back there.

I have to agree with roanie above, as I've never come across that specific type of hardware on the Jeep. It either popped in there from the road, or the dealers lot.
I unfortunately didn't have that option....the dealer already had that thing mounted before I could pick up the Jeep.....I removed it as soon as I got the chance. I did make them remove the little advertising dealer name decal on the back of the jeep though. Posting this has made me remember, I want to get a new fairlead cover that doesn't have holes. At least until I convince myself to get a winch.

OP
OP
JeepAustinWeird

JeepAustinWeird

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I don't know what everyone else is talking about. That is clearly THE screw that holds the body of the Jeep to the frame...
tenor (1).gif
:facepalm: :CWL:

I did go out driving around more today to check road conditions......Jeep stayed together and most importantly the body stayed attached to the frame......Thank you Jesus!! :giggle:

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
I didn't notice the road rash on the head of the screw, but better to be found there and not in one of your tires.

I know that my wife would simply assure me that it is one of the screws in my head that are loose and it must have fell out of my ear when I was checking the oil.

Sponsored

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2-Dr
I unfortunately didn't have that option....the dealer already had that thing mounted before I could pick up the Jeep.....I removed it as soon as I got the chance. I did make them remove the little advertising dealer name decal on the back of the jeep though. Posting this has made me remember, I want to get a new fairlead cover that doesn't have holes. At least until I convince myself to get a winch.
Where do you have your front plate? You could always put a fairlead and plate mount on.

OP
OP
JeepAustinWeird

JeepAustinWeird

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Where do you have your front plate? You could always put a fairlead and plate mount on.
I put it back in the cargo area in the storage area where the top screws and door screws can be stored. I don’t keep my front plate visible. Not sure what the law is in TX about front plates.

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2019 Cherokee, 2015 GrCherokee, 2006 TJ
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Ummmmm, I think it might be mine...
Jeep Wrangler JL Help Identify this Screw... 20201114_225406

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2019 Cherokee, 2015 GrCherokee, 2006 TJ
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
This is the screw that holds the McClukens bracket to the Flurbinator Turboid, If that rattles loose, then you can lose the ability avoid Oak trees. Elm trees (Ulmus Glabra) are not effected by a defective Turboid though. However if your Turboid does come loose and it dents the Schmerkler gear box enough - you might as well just drive into a lake because the Dinkler manifold is just gonna fill up with water. Happens every time.

Other than that I have no idea.
Sponsored